Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #1

Pentaxian.com

Pentaxian.com really does need to update the site. The "gear" pages are probably way out of date and one of their featured artists...I won't say which one... is now using Olympus, apparently.

12-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

LOL

Godfrey had been using panasonic G1 well before he was offered to be a pentaxian. It was only because he lived in California, easy to contact and put on the page!

Godfrey only liked small things like pancake lenses etc and the only pentax lens he owns now is M 50mm f2
12-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Haha that's pretty funny. I agree that they need to upgrade the page. But for upgrading the current members, I could care less. I think they should have new Pentaxians once every couple months or so, it was entertaining to watch and read their bio, but now I wish there were more newer things to read about.
12-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
Damn Brit

It's pretty sad, those four images with blank spaces next to them. Something like that certainly doesn't inspire someone to go out and buy Pentax.

12-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Actually Godfrey owned K10D. Long before Panasonic G-1

Actually Godfrey owned K10D, long before Panasonic G-1 was launched. I think he actually bought his Pentax gear, no free~bee lenses and or free~bee cameras for chatting up the k-mount brand or for being one of the featured photographers in pentax' print as campain.

I follow his posts on a couple 4/3 forums. Though I keep reading of poor customer service/repairs in USA with panasonic cameras so I'll likely pass on ever buying one now. I'm pretty sure he has both now, Panasonic and Olympus m4/3 and a pair Oly E-1 4/3 dslrs. I prefer panasonic over olympus specs, unless Panny fails then its best for me to pass on the brand entirely and avoid the potential hassles.

Godfrey likely still sells images made with K10D and genuine pentax glass. I'll guess in 20 years he'll still be selling images made with pentax and all the other brands of gear he owned over the years.

I'll vote "yes"

Godfrey is a "Pentaxian"

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
LOL

Godfrey had been using panasonic G1 well before he was offered to be a pentaxian. It was only because he lived in California, easy to contact and put on the page!

Godfrey only liked small things like pancake lenses etc and the only pentax lens he owns now is M 50mm f2
12-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I like how none of the Pentaxians have upgraded from their K10D.
12-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
I like how none of the Pentaxians have upgraded from their K10D.
They want to be able to use screw-drive on their DA* when the SDM fails.
12-17-2009, 03:51 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Have you sent pentax an e-mail about this? They may have just forgotten all about it.

12-17-2009, 06:18 AM   #9

Original Poster
Maybe Pentax should recruit new Pentaxians from this forum. I volunteer! Who else?
12-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
Veteran Member

The site's long past out-dated. It's a shame they haven't changed around the gear and featured photographers and that map with the users listed is a bit of an eye-sore. However, the overall idea of that site is really good and I hope they do something with it in the next little while.
12-21-2009, 03:14 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrew Faires Quote
The site's long past out-dated. It's a shame they haven't changed around the gear and featured photographers and that map with the users listed is a bit of an eye-sore. However, the overall idea of that site is really good and I hope they do something with it in the next little while.
I hope the budget is enough for marketing after giving away a few Da* lenses out to a few pentaxians
12-21-2009, 04:07 AM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here's what I find funny:

We get over TWICE their traffic...which means that the only true Pentaxians are Pentaxforumsians, and yes, I just coined that term
Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-21-2009, 05:42 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
I hope the budget is enough for marketing after giving away a few Da* lenses out to a few pentaxians
I could almost be convinced to loan my DA*'s if it keeps costs under control.

Almost.

But not quite