Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2007, 04:53 AM   #16
Mef
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Just wondering whether it costs a lot more or not...
According to Pentax France, it will cost 999€, approximately the same as the normal K10D bodies + grip here.

(And 400 copies for France, released at the end of july.)

06-19-2007, 07:21 AM   #17
Inactive Account

i just want the strap. well any leather strap with pentax written on it would do. I'm not sure about the brown on the camera... it looks kinda cool but from a distance i don't think you would be able to really see it. And I don't like the gold lettering. but then i'm bound not to like it I only just spent a fortune on my normal k10d! :P
06-22-2007, 02:59 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Love the gold, love the strap. But brown on the body? It'd be sooo hard to accessorise!
06-26-2007, 08:37 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Yes, a limited Pentax Camera range would be a great strategy. Only 5000 would mean you'd have to be lucky or know someone to get one. Price?? Maybe add 500 quid to the current price. I like the colour, old meets modern and it would standout in the crowd but maybe not quite as much as the anniversary model which would have blinded the people you photograph with all that chrome, lol.

06-26-2007, 09:45 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Anybody know aprox how much extra they are charging for it??..
I thiink it looks rather neat..
06-27-2007, 01:49 AM   #21

All i am interested for is the 1.30 firmware it comes with. Hope it will be soon available and the changes will not be limited at SDM compatibility.
06-27-2007, 03:42 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Maybe the new firmware will have so PRIME tweaks which would be great. Can't wait to try one of those silenced lenses!

06-28-2007, 12:51 AM   #23
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks really nice but I think the 50th anniversary model looks better, shame that one is not going to make it on the market
06-28-2007, 05:30 AM   #24

Original Poster
I kind of like it. If don't get a standard one, and happen to find one of these on a store shelf I'd grab it in a heartbeat. I would just hope they don't charge too much of a premium for it.
06-29-2007, 10:31 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jnorth Quote
The quote from PentaxLife:
"..... There will be just 5,000 packages available worldwide - everyone with the unique serial number."

I almost rolled out of my chair - a unique serial number. Boy oh boy I gotta get me one. Oh wait my camera musta been a early preproduction limited edition run too 'cause it's gots its own unique serial number tooooo. I guess they mean special unique

When they say unique, I think they're referring to the style of the serial numbers. For example, the serial numbers for the Limited Edition models may contain the letters "LE" in addition to the usual numbers. That (LE in the serial numbers) is the usual practice for limited edition cameras, lenses, and accessories.

stewart
06-30-2007, 01:31 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
Looks really nice but I think the 50th anniversary model looks better, shame that one is not going to make it on the market
Definitely! I hope they do the k5d? in that style (I can dream

Phil
06-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #27
Inactive Account

, well thats me outa the equasion for one..Supplier i'm looking at purchasing one sez all that landed down under got swollowed up by one dealer in Melbourne!!??..
Anyone know differently would be glad to hear from...
Whom n where in Aussieland??..
Cheers
07-25-2007, 07:20 AM   #28

Original Poster
To rich for me

Oh well, I was interested in maybe getting one of these Grand Prix Editions but for the premium of $390 (+/-) over the standard setup I wonder if it's worth it?

THe newly posted price for the GPE is $1194.95. The standard K10D price from B&H of a K10D and grip including rebates is $804.90 That price difference is worth at least a modest priced lens or maybe a decent used one or an AF570FGZ flash.

For someone just starting out maybe I'd better stick to the basic setup. I ain't made of money!
07-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #29
Forum Member

Pentax K10D Grand Prix - arrived!

Hello all, just picked up the GP edition from my friend who has just arrived back from Japan. Its a very neat package about the same size as a normal K10D, but of course with the grip inside. The inside of the box is kind of velvety red and its all fitted very neatly into it. The manual is in Japanese/English and some other European languages.

The wider leather strap is great too and the golden logo looks kinda cool. Firmware is indeed v 1.30 - but the surprise was the 'not so' brown leather. Here are some pics.

I have two, and only opened one box, so the other one is up for grabs (on eBay in the next few days, sealed still). Anything you like to know about it, let me know.

Cheers
08-03-2007, 07:22 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Ha, ha, the Pentax moderator at Clubsnap already got hold of his K10D Grand Prix Special Edition.

Planning to get a K10D - ClubSNAP Photography Forums