Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2007, 06:08 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Grand Prix Limited Edition K10D

PENTAX NEWS release 2007 : PENTAX Markets Limited-Edition Package Commemorating the K10D Winning of the Camera Grand Prix 2007 Award in Japan

To celebrate the winning of the 2007 Camera Grand Prix Award in Japan Pentax is putting out a limited edition K10D including battery grip. I wouldn't mind picking up one of those but I wonder how hard it will be to actually get one since there will only be 5000 produced world wide. I like the look. What do you guys think?

06-15-2007, 06:13 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Beautiful! I'll be on the lookout for one of these...too bad Pentax isn't making the 50th anniversary model that looks like a Spotmatic, though.

This post reminds me that I need to get started with the homepage news system that I've planned for the fall

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-15-2007, 06:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Beautiful! I'll be on the lookout for one of these...too bad Pentax isn't making the 50th anniversary model that looks like a Spotmatic, though.

This post reminds me that I need to get started with the homepage news system that I've planned for the fall
A nicer image than I saw at Pentax... Seems it is receiving mixed reviews at dpreview.. Tough crowd.....

06-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

When/how do you think it will be available? I hope Pentax won't be as slow with this special K10D as they are with the DA*'s (which also have gold lettering, by coincidence)

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-15-2007, 07:03 AM   #5

Original Poster
...This post reminds me that I need to get started with the homepage news system that I've planned for the fall
That sounds like a good idea. Something like the Pentax Japan homepage as far as content?
06-15-2007, 07:49 AM   #6
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

OMG My LBA is going to expand to CBA.... I want that strap for my current version as well!!
06-15-2007, 09:13 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
A nicer image than I saw at Pentax... Seems it is receiving mixed reviews at dpreview.. Tough crowd.....
Whoa, those people sure are mean spirited

06-15-2007, 11:23 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by KFrog Quote
That sounds like a good idea. Something like the Pentax Japan homepage as far as content?
Yes. On the homepage, we'll have formal news articles instead of the 3 latest threads. I'll convert this section to a "Pentax News Discussion" forum and add the official news threads to a sub-forum.

Adam

06-15-2007, 11:44 AM   #9

Original Poster
Yes. On the homepage, we'll have formal news articles instead of the 3 latest threads. I'll convert this section to a "Pentax News Discussion" forum and add the official news threads to a sub-forum.
Any thoughts on where you will get the news from? Pentax Japan or stuff you get on your own?
06-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Pentax Japan and Pentax USA- I will interpret the news and/or quote it, and add some illustrations.

Adam

06-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #11

The quote from PentaxLife:
"..... There will be just 5,000 packages available worldwide - everyone with the unique serial number."

I almost rolled out of my chair - a unique serial number. Boy oh boy I gotta get me one. Oh wait my camera musta been a early preproduction limited edition run too 'cause it's gots its own unique serial number tooooo. I guess they mean special unique

If I didn't have a K10D already I'd be interested, but I'm happy with mine. Too bad they didn't do a limited edition K10Dr - a retro model. Not that I could afford a retro anymore than the 'current' limited edition.
06-15-2007, 03:17 PM   #12
TDN
Forum Member

The leather looks really nice, kinda like the interior of a nice car, like a Jaguar

I'm not too keen on the "gold" letters though...looks like dirty white...

Cool initiative from pentax to show their appreciation though

Tom
06-15-2007, 07:58 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Personally, I like my K10D as it is. Brown doesn't really suit me. But nevertheless, it's good that Pentax did this. It helps marketing-wise.
06-15-2007, 10:49 PM   #14

I must say I agree with Mo I went bananas over that spotmatic-like model. I would've bought it if there was a way, even if it means hiding it from my girlfriend until the time is right
This model...I dunno. If it were a present, I would not reject it but I would not buy it myself...
06-16-2007, 07:27 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I love the look - classic and vintage!

Just wondering whether it costs a lot more or not...

Only 5000 copies in the world? That sounds like a start of "limited" camera bodies marketing strategy...