Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2009, 04:04 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Hannican Quote
I'd rather shoot the Rapture in cropped format anyway.
you dont need that FF Hann..

you already have one.
That MZ-3

QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
Actually we might have more time that we think. Due to two major errors the Greek scholar who "invented" the modern day Christian based calender was about 4 years out. Apparently Jesus was really born about 4 BC. So the calculations obtained from the Mayan calender predicting the end of the world in 2012 are probably 4 years out!

Hold on that doesn't work does it! If it was 4 years earlier then it's already happened......

is that true..? can i see any link? i thought i dont have a chance

12-21-2009, 04:55 AM   #17
Forum Member

there wun be ff in 2110 cuz we'll all be gone in 2012. Minus those with green passes
12-21-2009, 07:23 AM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteQuote:
Actually we might have more time that we think. Due to two major errors the Greek scholar who "invented" the modern day Christian based calender was about 4 years out. Apparently Jesus was really born about 4 BC. So the calculations obtained from the Mayan calender predicting the end of the world in 2012 are probably 4 years out!

Hold on that doesn't work does it! If it was 4 years earlier then it's already happened......
Noo we have time, becouse the dark middle age didnt happened at all. It is just a conspiracion so that some rulers may have a honorable history... (inserted fictionary time) So we have plenty o' time!
12-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #19
Veteran Member

The world probably won't end in our lifetimes. If it does, there's nothing we can do about it anyway. History has shown that any and all predictions of a date were wrong. Oh...and we're still here

Y2K didn't bring the world to its knees with war and rumors of war over a simple millenia change.

Before 2110, they had better have flying cars. I want my flying car. Or a jetpack. Something to fly with before I'm dead The regular auto has been around for over a hundred years and we're still stuck on the ground

12-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Apparently Jesus was really born about 4 BC.
I predict Pentax to release FF in year 1 APFF (Anno Pentax goes FullFrame).
12-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Damn it. 4 top threads in this section is about FF.

I hope HOYA is reading all this hysteria on PF and they finally hurry a bit with this stuff.
Its time they understand that if they dont release it soon, faithful fanatics will start hunting down top management!

ARRGHH!
12-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #22

If you know a bit about marketing you should know that price points create discrete markets that do not compete much. A couple of simple examples is with cars or homes. With cars, just a $1,000 difference will keep a particular market buyer from going up to the next model. People establish budgets and value notions and they usually stay in their range. With cameras, a $300 increase may be enough for a buyer to stay out of the next price segment. Yes, an $8,000 FF camera could compete with a $10,000 MF, but that is not what Pentax is looking at doing.

The biggest hesitation Pentax has had for not offering FF is the huge expense of doing it right (including new lenses), and the uncertainty if there will be enough units sold to cover the investment. Pentax currently has VERY few pro photogs in the customer base that would be willing to spend in the $2,500 and up range that Canikon does have. So, Pentax had to wait until they could do FF for under $2,000. Sony jumped in early but they stand to gain by developing and selling the sensor for other makers and they are a huge company that can afford a loss leader. MF digital is a higher margin item and it could be that you can make a profit over time with a lot fewer units because of this. Also, the tech upgrade cycle is slower. AND, there is (was?) an established base of Pentax 645 lens owners, many of who are pros willing to spend more.

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Why would Pentax make a FF in a DSLR format, when supposedly they are bringing out a digital 645 medium format in April ?

Canon, Sony, Nikon DSLR FF's have been dubbed the new medium format...usually by those that have a FF...why would Pentax bring out a cheaper FF that would undercut sales of the new D-SLR 645 ?

Hoya has already demonstrated that it does not want companies (Pentax/Tokina) in it's group of companies undercutting each other by selling virtually the same products.

Tokina has a 12-24 and the 10-17 FE...but only with Nikon and Canon mounts.

Tokina doesn't make the 11-16 in a Pentax mount, as it would probably cut into the Pentax 12-24 sales.

So...I don't see Pentax bringing out a FF anytime soon, if at all.

Anyways what am I going to do with my 16-45, 55-300, 10-17 FE with a FF ?

Now I do have my 50 F1.4, 35-105 A Macro, Macro 50mm F2.8....wonder if I can use those on a FF Pentax ?

12-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #23
graphicgr8s

Are you sure it was a Greek Scholar

QuoteQuote:
The Gregorian calendar is the internationally accepted civil calendar.[1][2][3] It was introduced by Pope Gregory XIII, after whom the calendar was named, by a decree signed on 24 February 1582, a papal bull known by its opening words Inter gravissimas. The reformed calendar was adopted later that year by a handful of countries, with other countries adopting it over the following centuries.

The Gregorian calendar reform contained two parts, a reform of the Julian calendar as used up to Pope Gregory's time, together with a reform of the lunar cycle used by the Church along with the Julian calendar for calculating dates of Easter. The reform was a modification of a proposal made by the Calabrian doctor Aloysius Lilius (or Lilio).[4] Lilius' proposal included reducing the number of leap years in four centuries from 100 to 97, by making 3 out of 4 centurial years common instead of leap years: this part of the proposal had been suggested before, e.g. by Pietro Pitati. Lilio also produced an original and practical scheme for adjusting the epacts of the moon for completing the calculation of Easter dates, solving a longstanding difficulty that had faced proposers of calendar reform.

Gregory's bull does not ordain any particular year-numbering system, but uses the Anno Domini system which counts years from the traditional Incarnation of Jesus, and which had spread throughout Europe during the Middle Ages. That is the same year-numbering system that is the de facto international standard today.[5]

The Gregorian calendar modifies the Julian calendar's regular cycle of leap years, years exactly divisible by four,[6] including all centurial years, as follows:

Every year that is exactly divisible by four is a leap year, except for years that are exactly divisible by 100; the centurial years that are exactly divisible by 400 are still leap years. For example, the year 1900 is not a leap year; the year 2000 is a leap year.[7]
Them sounds like Eyetalian names to me

Even Sosigenes of Alexandria who came up with the Julian calendar under Julius Caesar was an Egyptian
12-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #24
Veteran Member

You, sir, just made my day.
12-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #25

i need ff pentax before i die.
12-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Heh yeah, 4/3 - I would prefer shooting from a distance!
12-22-2009, 04:02 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Umm folks, currently there are 4, count em, 4 FF speculation threads in the rumors and news!

EVEN if they did, it would be a hybrid so that you could use your APS-C glass anyway, which would be sharper and you would just use it anyway. Seriously folks, Pentax has just decided to not come out with a FF ... Its just not worth one EV lol.

In conclusion. It will be 2110 before there is any hope of a FF.
12-22-2009, 05:17 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Can't someone please release a blurry photo of the full frame camera coming in 2110? Please?
12-22-2009, 06:51 AM   #29
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Can't someone please release a blurry photo of the full frame camera coming in 2110? Please?

No problem, here it is:
12-22-2009, 08:20 AM   #30
Banned

QuoteQuote:
The biggest hesitation Pentax has had for not offering FF is the huge expense of doing it right (including new lenses), and the uncertainty if there will be enough units sold to cover the investment. Pentax currently has VERY few pro photogs in the customer base that would be willing to spend in the $2,500 and up range that Canikon does have.
If that is true then the $10,000 645D that can't use the millions of FF K-mount lenses out there is dead meat.