Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pentax K-x advertisement found!

Hey you guys. I was very shocked when looking at the Sunday Newspaper today. Well my sister's boyfriend was flipping through all these Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. papers from the Sunday Newspaper. I was right next to him and stared at them and talking to them about watching the movie Avatar.

Then all the sudden when he flipped a page from Ultimate Electronics, I saw a white DSLR. I knew it from the top of my head that it has to be the K-x. I said is that what I think it is? Is that the Pentax K-x? I looked closer and it was so I ripped it from his hand and snapped some pictures just now. Now they are stocking Pentax in Ultimate Electronics here in Minnesota.

The first time I Saw a Pentax here in Minnesota was at the National Camera Exchange in Edina and it was the K-7 on display to tryout, I went and bought my K-7 at Newegg a few days after playing around with the K-7 there. I was going to buy it at National Camera Exchange but they were selling it at MSRP of 1,300 and Newegg was selling it for 1050 at the time with a free Pentax Sling Bag. Now there is even more Pentax in Minnesota to tryout.

Last edited by pjv; 07-30-2017 at 11:40 PM. Reason: remove swearing
12-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Saw a Pentax here in Minnesota was at the National Camera Exchange in Edina and it was the K-7 on display to tryout, I went and bought my K-7 at Newegg a few days after playing around with the K-7 there.
And we wonder why we cant find Pentax at the local camera store...
12-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ha - "Live View - Lets You See Your Shot While You Shoot" - what was happening before Live View?
12-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Ha - "Live View - Lets You See Your Shot While You Shoot" - what was happening before Live View?

i still close my eyes every time i hear the shutter click! i think the technical term is "shooting blind".

12-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mtroute Quote
250$ (more like 300$ with the sling bag) is really quite a bit of money though. I can stomach 100$ difference, but 300$ is too much.

One thing people should start trying though is to get shops to price match stores that they dont even normally price match, you may be able to get the price down to a level of your liking...
12-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mtroute Quote
Beat me to it
"Wait, you have to look INTO the camera? Why can't I look at the back screen thinger? I don't like it..."

That is a true story And also why entry level cameras are getting Live View.
QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
250$ (more like 300$ with the sling bag) is really quite a bit of money though. I can stomach 100$ difference, but 300$ is too much.

One thing people should start trying though is to get shops to price match stores that they dont even normally price match, you may be able to get the price down to a level of your liking...
My camera was almost half price online...when I bought it, it was a year-old model but still selling locally at MSRP. $400 is a huge difference for something I don't need any assistance with.

That said, this particular store is now willing to work on price. The manager offered me a deal on a tripod that was very close to the internet price. If I didn't get something else from him that day, I would have taken it since I got to see, touch, and ask questions about.

There's only so much a wallet can take at one time
12-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Haha, yeah, that cracked me up

As if with every dSLR without liveview there is no way to see what you're taking a picture of.
12-22-2009, 04:06 AM   #8
Veteran Member

The K-X is the new K1000, mark my words.

12-22-2009, 04:33 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
Haha, yeah, that cracked me up

As if with every dSLR without liveview there is no way to see what you're taking a picture of.
Technically that is true as the viewfinder blacks out when the mirror flips away at the very moment you're taking the shot
12-22-2009, 04:48 AM   #10
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Erik Quote
Technically that is true as the viewfinder blacks out when the mirror flips away at the very moment you're taking the shot
But doesn't that happen with live view too? Not ever having used it on my K20D, I honestly don't know, but I would assume that the rear LCD would "blink" when the mirror flips up.

NaCl(I'm just an old fashioned sort of guy)H2O