Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2007, 07:48 PM   #1

pentax will publish a new dslr in beijing in 10 days

pentax officially told a top IT Website yesterday

pchome

they are going to publish a new dslr for the upcoming 2008 beijing olympic games,
during 2007 CHINA P&E which will hold between 28,June 2007 to 1st, July 2007

and it is said the richer and richer chinese bought near 1/4 sales of world dslr market last year

06-19-2007, 08:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
quotes

Amusingly horrible Babelfish machine translation. Here's some choice quotes:
QuoteQuote:
Moreover if does not have the accident, the guest results in the company also to be able in to unfold at the meeting to publish a section brand-new digital single opposition machine, moreover can be compared to a present K10D more specialized model, the model guess possibly is before fable K20D.
Then we've got some speculation based on the live-view patent. Hmmm. Maybe the sensor from Ben's latest rumor is the Panasonic/Olympus LiveMOS. And then:

QuoteQuote:
The overseas well-known guest results in the equipment forum also to have the warm discussion to the new type, under is 网友 results in digital Shan Fan regarding the new style guest the anticipation parameter:
Followed by a list of stuff which I think it says is a fantasy wishlist. Looks like other than the note that there will be a something announced at the end of the month, there's nothin' to see. Oh well.
06-20-2007, 12:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by xbadx Quote
they are going to publish a new dslr for the upcoming 2008 beijing olympic games, during 2007 CHINA P&E which will hold between 28,June 2007 to 1st, July 2007 and it is said the richer and richer chinese bought near 1/4 sales of world dslr market last year
I cannot find this information on the page you mentioned, not even the word PENTAX.
06-20-2007, 12:42 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Pentax - this word is translated into 2 chinese characters ... So you could not locate the word pentax

The site is pure speculation, talking about a possible K20D to be released til then ... Not the one being rumoured to be sitting somewhere between k10d and k100d but in a higher level above k10d...

06-20-2007, 03:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
The site is pure speculation, talking about a possible K20D to be released til then ... Not the one being rumoured to be sitting somewhere between k10d and k100d but in a higher level above k10d...
The "between" model makes no sense to me -- there's not much price room for it -- so I'm more inclined to believe the newer rumor that it's being replaced. (They may keep the K100D on the market at a lower price for a while.) Any idea where they got the "K20D" idea? That's what we've been calling the K1D or K5D around here (following the K10D > K100D thing).

Anyway, is the key part of the speculation -- new model announced at this show -- based on anything other than "Pentax is at a camera show"?
06-20-2007, 06:49 AM   #6
TDN
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
The "between" model makes no sense to me -- there's not much price room for it -- so I'm more inclined to believe the newer rumor that it's being replaced. (They may keep the K100D on the market at a lower price for a while.) Any idea where they got the "K20D" idea? That's what we've been calling the K1D or K5D around here (following the K10D > K100D thing).

Anyway, is the key part of the speculation -- new model announced at this show -- based on anything other than "Pentax is at a camera show"?
Well, there might be not much price room, but there is always the possibility they want to release something with alternative specs.
Think about the D2H fom Nikon or the 1D N versions from Canon. These are both high end camera's which have gotten a lighter sensor, to provide a high burst rate for sports photography...

So imagine a K10D with a 6MP or 8 MP sensor with a 5 fps burst rate...I could see people buy that...

just speculation from my part though
06-20-2007, 07:28 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TDN Quote
Think about the D2H fom Nikon or the 1D N versions from Canon. These are both high end camera's which have gotten a lighter sensor, to provide a high burst rate for sports photography...

So imagine a K10D with a 6MP or 8 MP sensor with a 5 fps burst rate...I could see people buy that...

just speculation from my part though

But Pentax has never tried to slug it out with Nikon and Canon in that type of arena. Pentax is, and has traditionally been, aimed at slower, more thoughtful photography (for lack of better terms). Their attraction has been built around creating cameras that are intuitive, that feel good in your hands, that are relatively inexpensive, and are capable of creating images equal to any other camera brand, not how many fps they can squeeze out. This philosophy is most noticeable in the 6X7...no motor drives...no interchangeable backs...just a superb image making machine that handles better than any other medium format camera available.
06-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #8
Veteran Member

6X7

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
But Pentax has never tried to slug it out with Nikon and Canon in that type of arena. Pentax is, and has traditionally been, aimed at slower, more thoughtful photography (for lack of better terms). Their attraction has been built around creating cameras that are intuitive, that feel good in your hands, that are relatively inexpensive, and are capable of creating images equal to any other camera brand, not how many fps they can squeeze out. This philosophy is most noticeable in the 6X7...no motor drives...no interchangeable backs...just a superb image making machine that handles better than any other medium format camera available.
I owned three of them..And you couldn't have put it more elegantly.

06-20-2007, 06:01 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
Good point. I also felt that way when looking at Pentax's offerings in the dSLR era and with their medium format. They don't seem too concerned about FPS. They seem more concerned about the image itself: color rendition, dynamic range, etc.
06-27-2007, 08:43 AM   #10

Seems no K20D, but a K100D super.
无忌论坛 - P&E pentax抢先看

Last edited by dafan; 06-27-2007 at 09:32 AM.
06-27-2007, 09:08 AM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by dafan Quote
Seems no K20D, but a K10D super.
无忌论坛 - P&E pentax抢先看
K100D Super
06-27-2007, 09:30 AM   #12
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lazar Quote
K100D Super
Does anyone know the specks on this camera yet?

wll
06-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #13

K100D with 10mp and SDM support I guess...
06-27-2007, 11:20 AM   #14
Inactive Account

I suspect it'll be another special edition chrome and racing stripes version like the grand prix limtied edition.
06-27-2007, 11:32 AM   #15
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Lazar Quote
K100D with 10mp and SDM support I guess...
I would really hope not. I've been happily talking about what terrible value and lazy work the Nikon D40X is... (take a budget camera, simply stuff in more megapixels to appeal to the 'lowest Canon denominator' who are only interested in comparing specs, and significantly increase the price)... I really hope Pentax don't descend to that level. The K100d's 6mp is perfectly adequate... you know what would really make the most of the K100d's abilities... lenses. More lenses. Or at least available lenses. Not yet more entry-level bodies