Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 24
pentax will publish a new dslr in beijing in 10 days

pentax officially told a top IT Website yesterday

pchome

they are going to publish a new dslr for the upcoming 2008 beijing olympic games,
during 2007 CHINA P&E which will hold between 28,June 2007 to 1st, July 2007

and it is said the richer and richer chinese bought near 1/4 sales of world dslr market last year


06-19-2007, 08:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member
mattdm's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,964
quotes

Amusingly horrible Babelfish machine translation. Here's some choice quotes:
QuoteQuote:
Moreover if does not have the accident, the guest results in the company also to be able in to unfold at the meeting to publish a section brand-new digital single opposition machine, moreover can be compared to a present K10D more specialized model, the model guess possibly is before fable K20D.
Then we've got some speculation based on the live-view patent. Hmmm. Maybe the sensor from Ben's latest rumor is the Panasonic/Olympus LiveMOS. And then:

QuoteQuote:
The overseas well-known guest results in the equipment forum also to have the warm discussion to the new type, under is 网友 results in digital Shan Fan regarding the new style guest the anticipation parameter:
Followed by a list of stuff which I think it says is a fantasy wishlist. Looks like other than the note that there will be a something announced at the end of the month, there's nothin' to see. Oh well.
06-20-2007, 12:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member
blende8's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bremen, Germany
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,484
QuoteOriginally posted by xbadx Quote
they are going to publish a new dslr for the upcoming 2008 beijing olympic games, during 2007 CHINA P&E which will hold between 28,June 2007 to 1st, July 2007 and it is said the richer and richer chinese bought near 1/4 sales of world dslr market last year
I cannot find this information on the page you mentioned, not even the word PENTAX.
06-20-2007, 12:42 AM   #4
Veteran Member
roentarre's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 11,794
Pentax - this word is translated into 2 chinese characters ... So you could not locate the word pentax

The site is pure speculation, talking about a possible K20D to be released til then ... Not the one being rumoured to be sitting somewhere between k10d and k100d but in a higher level above k10d...

06-20-2007, 03:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member
mattdm's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,964
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
The site is pure speculation, talking about a possible K20D to be released til then ... Not the one being rumoured to be sitting somewhere between k10d and k100d but in a higher level above k10d...
The "between" model makes no sense to me -- there's not much price room for it -- so I'm more inclined to believe the newer rumor that it's being replaced. (They may keep the K100D on the market at a lower price for a while.) Any idea where they got the "K20D" idea? That's what we've been calling the K1D or K5D around here (following the K10D > K100D thing).

Anyway, is the key part of the speculation -- new model announced at this show -- based on anything other than "Pentax is at a camera show"?
06-20-2007, 06:49 AM   #6
TDN
Forum Member
TDN's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Posts: 94
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
The "between" model makes no sense to me -- there's not much price room for it -- so I'm more inclined to believe the newer rumor that it's being replaced. (They may keep the K100D on the market at a lower price for a while.) Any idea where they got the "K20D" idea? That's what we've been calling the K1D or K5D around here (following the K10D > K100D thing).

Anyway, is the key part of the speculation -- new model announced at this show -- based on anything other than "Pentax is at a camera show"?
Well, there might be not much price room, but there is always the possibility they want to release something with alternative specs.
Think about the D2H fom Nikon or the 1D N versions from Canon. These are both high end camera's which have gotten a lighter sensor, to provide a high burst rate for sports photography...

So imagine a K10D with a 6MP or 8 MP sensor with a 5 fps burst rate...I could see people buy that...

just speculation from my part though
06-20-2007, 07:28 AM   #7
Pentaxian
TaoMaas's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,197
QuoteOriginally posted by TDN Quote
Think about the D2H fom Nikon or the 1D N versions from Canon. These are both high end camera's which have gotten a lighter sensor, to provide a high burst rate for sports photography...

So imagine a K10D with a 6MP or 8 MP sensor with a 5 fps burst rate...I could see people buy that...

just speculation from my part though

But Pentax has never tried to slug it out with Nikon and Canon in that type of arena. Pentax is, and has traditionally been, aimed at slower, more thoughtful photography (for lack of better terms). Their attraction has been built around creating cameras that are intuitive, that feel good in your hands, that are relatively inexpensive, and are capable of creating images equal to any other camera brand, not how many fps they can squeeze out. This philosophy is most noticeable in the 6X7...no motor drives...no interchangeable backs...just a superb image making machine that handles better than any other medium format camera available.
06-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #8
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
6X7

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
But Pentax has never tried to slug it out with Nikon and Canon in that type of arena. Pentax is, and has traditionally been, aimed at slower, more thoughtful photography (for lack of better terms). Their attraction has been built around creating cameras that are intuitive, that feel good in your hands, that are relatively inexpensive, and are capable of creating images equal to any other camera brand, not how many fps they can squeeze out. This philosophy is most noticeable in the 6X7...no motor drives...no interchangeable backs...just a superb image making machine that handles better than any other medium format camera available.
I owned three of them..And you couldn't have put it more elegantly.

06-20-2007, 06:01 PM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,399
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
But Pentax has never tried to slug it out with Nikon and Canon in that type of arena. Pentax is, and has traditionally been, aimed at slower, more thoughtful photography (for lack of better terms). Their attraction has been built around creating cameras that are intuitive, that feel good in your hands, that are relatively inexpensive, and are capable of creating images equal to any other camera brand, not how many fps they can squeeze out. This philosophy is most noticeable in the 6X7...no motor drives...no interchangeable backs...just a superb image making machine that handles better than any other medium format camera available.
Good point. I also felt that way when looking at Pentax's offerings in the dSLR era and with their medium format. They don't seem too concerned about FPS. They seem more concerned about the image itself: color rendition, dynamic range, etc.
06-27-2007, 08:43 AM   #10
New Member




Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1
Seems no K20D, but a K100D super.
无忌论坛 - P&E pentax抢先看

Last edited by dafan; 06-27-2007 at 09:32 AM.
06-27-2007, 09:08 AM   #11
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 126
QuoteOriginally posted by dafan Quote
Seems no K20D, but a K10D super.
无忌论坛 - P&E pentax抢先看
K100D Super
06-27-2007, 09:30 AM   #12
wll
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mission Hills, CA
Posts: 773
QuoteOriginally posted by Lazar Quote
K100D Super
Does anyone know the specks on this camera yet?

wll
06-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #13
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 126
K100D with 10mp and SDM support I guess...
06-27-2007, 11:20 AM   #14
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 469
I suspect it'll be another special edition chrome and racing stripes version like the grand prix limtied edition.
06-27-2007, 11:32 AM   #15
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 264
QuoteOriginally posted by Lazar Quote
K100D with 10mp and SDM support I guess...
I would really hope not. I've been happily talking about what terrible value and lazy work the Nikon D40X is... (take a budget camera, simply stuff in more megapixels to appeal to the 'lowest Canon denominator' who are only interested in comparing specs, and significantly increase the price)... I really hope Pentax don't descend to that level. The K100d's 6mp is perfectly adequate... you know what would really make the most of the K100d's abilities... lenses. More lenses. Or at least available lenses. Not yet more entry-level bodies
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
beijing, dslr, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Say Hello from Beijing joly88 Welcomes and Introductions 4 09-26-2010 01:32 AM
HELLO From Beijing suncrimson Welcomes and Introductions 5 09-25-2009 05:01 PM
Hi from Beijing steven Welcomes and Introductions 3 05-30-2009 01:07 AM
Hello from Beijing holoso Welcomes and Introductions 10 05-24-2009 10:59 PM
Hi from Beijing yulhoo Welcomes and Introductions 4 01-29-2009 02:12 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:40 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top