Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by juu Quote
Yeah, it's one thing to use the competitors' products to be aware of how they work. Whole another to post it on your blog.
On the one hand Ned's open use of a competitor's equipment might seem disloyal - and it did make me just a bit uncomfortable.

On the other hand, Ned just loves photography and fine photographic equipment. If his Leica directly competed with a Pentax product the outcome might have been different.

Last edited by monochrome; 01-16-2010 at 12:12 PM.
01-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
Many thanks. That was my concern, wondering whether he was still with Pentax. It wasn't about demanding that he post more. I follow a few reliable sites and when things stop happening, I worry about the folks who run it.
NDA?
01-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #18
Site Supporter

He could just be busy trying out the M9.
01-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think Ned Bunnel is an ass - any president of a camera company who is so contemptious of what users & buyers are concerned with to post a satirical video to his blog needs some very basic lessons in customer relations. What good has he done anyway? Just cause he is a photographer, so bloody what?

01-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #20
juu
Veteran Member

Well, satirical videos or not, and promoting Leica on his blog or not posting anything at all for months, I think the key question is - has he gotten Pentaxes in stores again and people to genuinely consider them over Canikons?
01-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #21
Forum Member

If he is that busy I hope it's because he's in deep thought of how to improve us
Pentax followers relations with stupid high lens prices and repair turn-a-round times.

BTW: I haven't really cared to look but I did and Nikon / Canon still offer some affordable
fast primes in the 28mm, 30mm and 50mm range at or around $250-$300.

WTF? What happened to us Pentax users for affordable primes?
01-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #22
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by PinarelloOnly Quote
I

WTF? What happened to us Pentax users for affordable primes?
If that was a good business plan, Pentax would never have had to sell out to Hoya.

01-16-2010, 03:13 PM   #23
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
If that was a good business plan, Pentax would never have had to sell out to Hoya.
Selling product at a higher cost is only part of the equation. Efficiency and sustainability has to be part of the equation to keep the production costs in line. Saying that Pentax gotten taken over only due to not charging enough is a cop out. If charging more was the answer, not company would bite the turd.

It takes balancing production costs with profit margins that are competitive. Even Leica et al. are having to adapt.
01-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I gotta wonder if he stopped posting cause, if anyone wants to look at his blog and see only 'Pentax is doomed!' they can just use the *old* posts.

I mean, seriously, that'd make anyone lose interest in opening their mouth.
01-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #25
Veteran Member

what, haven't you heard? ned has been seen having cofee with a firend of a friend of somebody who used to know the daughter of a lady who once talked to a good friend of a canon (or nikon, or was it both?) upper management bloke. hence he is now kept under house arrest, with no internet (for fear of him posting on his blog, particularly, about the other company's ...ahem... products) by a bunch of angry pf users who decided to "take it into their own hands".

the last i heard, he is okay. for now. unless he does something stupid...

happy new year.

nanok<grumbling>for ****s sake</grumbling>
01-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Ned, if you are alive, please respond to this thread.
02-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Ned's back.

I was getting a little worried something became of him ...
02-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #28
Inactive Account

I like Ned's blog. Be thankful he's actually doing, he actually likes photography, and that he actually shoots.

It could be just some PR flack whose blog "posts" are copy-pasted press releases. Fortunately, we all know Pentax can't afford that...
02-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #29
Site Supporter

Lithos, We never said we didn't like his blog. We just noticed he was missing and that some one had hacked it and put some spam in there.

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Ned's back.

I was getting a little worried something became of him ...
He's been using the FA 77m again.
02-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #30
Inactive Account

I never saw it get hacked, although I don't check it that often - it's not really aimed at me, but it's still a very good source for Pentax insiderish information.

You know, unless you count the dearly departed RH and his vast network of spies, double agents, informants and moles within the company...