Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
I never saw it get hacked, although I don't check it that often - it's not really aimed at me, but it's still a very good source for Pentax insiderish information.

You know, unless you count the dearly departed RH and his vast network of spies, double agents, informants and moles within the company...
It wasn't any major hacking. If you go and look at some older blogs, the comment sections got a bunch of various Asian language adds and random words stuffed in them. In fact, it is more spam than anything.

Edit:

Here's and example
http://nedbunnell.blogspot.com/2006/12/21mm-lens-review.html

Last edited by Blue; 02-02-2010 at 09:20 PM.
02-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #32
Inactive Account

Ah. yeah, saw that. Standard fare for blogs with comments.
02-02-2010, 11:12 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Ah. yeah, saw that. Standard fare for blogs with comments.
I wonder how the stuff gets approved.
02-03-2010, 05:20 AM   #34
Inactive Account

I think it's just blogspot. No moderation, just always-on for default. Wasn't really designed for heads of regional arms of major international companies to blog on. More for kids to let the world know what a bitch Mrs. McKenzie was in Geography class today.

Still, there's nobility in that, that Ned's doing it off his own bat, and not filtering it through marketing. Shows a bit of iniation beyond the payroll, y'know?

02-03-2010, 06:46 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think it's just blogspot. No moderation, just always-on for default.
I had the same problem until I turned the email notification on new comments on. Now, I am deleting spam as it arrives. Interestingly, no new spam since I did this. Seems like the spammers first check if there already is persistent spam.
02-03-2010, 07:30 AM   #36
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I had the same problem until I turned the email notification on new comments on. Now, I am deleting spam as it arrives. Interestingly, no new spam since I did this. Seems like the spammers first check if there already is persistent spam.

It could be that he didn't turn it on until the more recent blogs. I'm surprised that there aren't more people that follow Ned since it is one of the few places to get a little inside info out side of the illustrious rice low.
02-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
lol i like reading RiceHigh's blog also as i like hearing both sides, even ned admitted somewhere he's a RiceHigh reader

Yes, to 77 use (even though mine has never left the box, i must admit i'm a collector *not LBA* heh), i'm quite happy using my kit lens most times now mostly because changing lenses is so tiring as i'm a lazy basterd ...LOL