Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
Site Supporter

What's Up With Ned's Blog

Ned Bunnell hasn't posted on his blog since Nov. 21.

Anyone know what's up with that?

01-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Perhaps its because he's a busy working professional.
01-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Wow that's really profound.

Is being obnoxious natural for you or have you had to work on it ;-)

Ned had regularly posted about once a week up until Nov. 21, and I think he was a busy working professional then too. Seems like he was working on minor projects like the K-7 and K-x...so he was busy and professional then.
01-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #4

I saw him in passing during CES while I was meeting with my sales rep. My own hunch is he is extremely busy right now. Pentax is getting ready for PMA, a number of product launches, they have some new executive personnel and they have just met with their business customers. It would be pretty easy to understand that his hands are full enough without then burning personal time on the subject as well. He has not been completely silent though. He did comment in the press release announcing their new director of digital sales, Mark Sherengo.

Rest assured; Ned is alive in Pentaxland.

01-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Many thanks. That was my concern, wondering whether he was still with Pentax. It wasn't about demanding that he post more. I follow a few reliable sites and when things stop happening, I worry about the folks who run it.
01-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dnaseigel Quote
I saw him in passing during CES while I was meeting with my sales rep. My own hunch is he is extremely busy right now. Pentax is getting ready for PMA, a number of product launches, they have some new executive personnel and they have just met with their business customers. It would be pretty easy to understand that his hands are full enough without then burning personal time on the subject as well. He has not been completely silent though. He did comment in the press release announcing their new director of digital sales, Mark Sherengo.

Rest assured; Ned is alive in Pentaxland.
Any word on new product launches ?
01-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
I too am surprised that his blog has been so quiet since late November. I regularly check it.

I doubt he views his blog in the way that an average Joe would see theirs. It isn't just, "hey, look what i did this past weekend." It is a means for the president of a company to communicate with his customer base. He uses the products that his company sells and talks about the results. When the world was trying to guess what was around the corner (K-7), he chimed in. I suspect he is more than savvy enough to know that his blog is a de facto marketing tool for Pentax.

It is for those reasons that I'm surprised his blog has been quiet for almost two months.
01-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I wish he would post something about the new cameras.

I need to know if the Lieca I am looking at is worth the cash.

01-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
I wish he would post something about the new cameras.

I need to know if the Lieca I am looking at is worth the cash.

Hysterical

Kungpow> kick
01-16-2010, 04:58 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

I think that there hasn't been much news lately. Probably working more on the details of the 645 D launch.
01-16-2010, 05:06 AM   #11
juu
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Slowpoke Rodriguez Quote
I suspect he is more than savvy enough to know that his blog is a de facto marketing tool for Pentax.
Not fully, otherwise he wouldn't let it be so quiet for so many months.
01-16-2010, 07:07 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Almost been a year since Ned's hands~on Leica Purchase &Post

Almost been a year since Ned's hands~on 1-23-2009 Leica Purchase & Post

NED BUNNELL: January 2009
01-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Is there any other individual from the manufacturers who proactively mingles with both users and non-users of a product line? He's one of the few who actually takes criticism from both sides and most likely internally but yet he continues to be proactive among us. I admire his chutzpa

They had all those launches and PMA is coming, i think between him and that surfer dude they pretty much have a lot of free flights using all those reward miles.
01-16-2010, 09:50 AM   #14
Veteran Member

I think it was great Ned posted about his Leica

I think it was great Ned posted about his Leica purchase and trip to Japan. The images were very nice. Colors were vibrant. Proof to me Panasonic makes fine cameras, for consumers and for Leica's own Red Dot Logo'd Gear. Pretty much confirms for me that EVERONE makes great digital cameras these days. Well as long as you spend $400 one should be pleased with one's new imaging tool.

Pretty cool the Panny made-Leica is still available for sale a year later:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/578316-USA/Leica_18352_D_LUX_4_Digital_Camera.html

along with the Panasonic own verion of their Leica Clone.

Both P&S remain available a full year later:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/573592-REG/Panasonic_DMC_LX3K_Lumix_DM...al_Camera.html

I certainly consider buying a Panasonic GH-1. Now the price has dropped $200 to $1299 with HD Spec AF $849 kit lens included its more appealing. GH-1 Camera now basically cost $449. But somethings up with Panasonic G Series and L Series product lines on Jan 31th 2010 so I'll wait a bit longer...to see whats new in Panny~Land.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26826&d=1263628806

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Is there any other individual from the manufacturers who proactively mingles with both users and non-users of a product line? He's one of the few who actually takes criticism from both sides and most likely internally but yet he continues to be proactive among us. I admire his chutzpa

They had all those launches and PMA is coming, i think between him and that surfer dude they pretty much have a lot of free flights using all those reward miles.

Last edited by Samsungian; 01-16-2010 at 10:48 AM. Reason: added links
01-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #15
juu
Veteran Member

Yeah, it's one thing to use the competitors' products to be aware of how they work. Whole another to post it on your blog.