Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sigma HSM TC- no, don't get excited, I have not so surprising news

Last night I decided to fire another email off to Sigma, hoping they'd give me insight on a set of HSM TC's in the works. Instead, I got the open-ended answer I expected. Good news- they did respond within 24 hrs

Eric,

Thank you for choosing Sigma products.

They havenít announced anything as of yet so as of right now there are no plans.

I would keep an eye on the website for future announcements.

Thought I'd post to inform curious minds. Now its time for me to get out of this News & Rumors section. It always costs me money or time reading about non-exsistant stuff when I should be doing productive things.

01-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
well, a few years back i ask them the same question... if they where planing to make HSM compatible lens for pentax, and curiously i got the same answer... a few month later, they announced the HSM lens for pentax,
01-20-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
That'd be great. There is also a chance that Sigma USA doesn't really know what's in the works their only role is to sell what is handed to them and not to worry about the ifs & maybes of the future.

Time will tell
01-23-2010, 03:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tvfd911 Quote
That'd be great. There is also a chance that Sigma USA doesn't really know what's in the works their only role is to sell what is handed to them and not to worry about the ifs & maybes of the future.

Time will tell
More than likley,
The even refer to "SIGMA" as "they" lol.

01-26-2010, 04:16 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
I've tried Sigma UK, that's the answer:

At present we have received no plans from Sigma Japan that we will produce a new converter allowing for use with Pentax HSM fittings. This may change as we are normally only informed 2-3 weeks ahead of a public announcement.

So, even if there is a plan to do it, they won't know...