Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2010, 02:00 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
That is odd kunik. The photozone tests show that the distortion on the 16-50 is worse. I haven't used a 24-105 so I have never seen a side-by-side. The thing I didn't like about the 16-50 distortion, is that it is "mustache" type at the wide end. It is quite difficult to fully correct IMO.
BTW, do you ever read responses to your posts?

You guys should be comparing the Pentax to Canon on a full-frame camera.

Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 USM L IS (full format) - Review / Lab Test Report

(Pentax has a "heavy" ~3.6%.)

"The lens produces a massive barrel distortion of 4.3% at 24mm - this is highly disturbing for architecture photography or scenes with straight lines unless you correct the effect during post-processing."

BTW, PTLens does fine with all kinds of distortions.

01-30-2010, 07:06 AM   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
I've personally quiet happy with this lens, it provide very sharp images, and it always mount with my K-7 as a normal lens, I like this 16-50 F2.8 lens so much indeed.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors