No. I'd prefer another style body. 1514.56%
I don't care. I prefer DSLR. 6159.22%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #91
Inactive Account

Pentax mirrorless

i hope ıt would have the same specifications with k-x
and the most ımportant thıngs to be dıfferent from panasonic and olympus wıll be is AA battaries
i hope pentax's mirrorles wıll use AA...

03-21-2010, 06:32 AM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Xentinus Quote
i hope ıt would have the same specifications with k-x
and the most ımportant thıngs to be dıfferent from panasonic and olympus wıll be is AA battaries
i hope pentax's mirrorles wıll use AA...
Actually, it would be very important that it NOT use AA batteries. A mirror-less camera would have to be small, and for that you need a Li-Ion rechargeable battery, not 4 AA batteries.

03-22-2010, 08:22 PM   #93
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
Actually, it would be very important that it NOT use AA batteries. A mirror-less camera would have to be small, and for that you need a Li-Ion rechargeable battery, not 4 AA batteries.

yes thats right but it can be acceptable ıf ıts slıghtly bigger than panasonic gf1 or olympus ep1
and ıt can use 2 AA
this is very important for me
after 10 years i dont wanna search for li-ion rechargeable batteries.
03-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Xentinus Quote
yes thats right but it can be acceptable ıf ıts slıghtly bigger than panasonic gf1 or olympus ep1
and ıt can use 2 AA
this is very important for me
after 10 years i dont wanna search for li-ion rechargeable batteries.
The Olympus micro-4/3 cameras require 7.2V, which cannot be provided by 2AA. There is no space in a small EVIL camera for AA batteries, period. The only reason the K-x uses AA batteries is because somebody at Pentax wants to continue that tradition (and some people like the AAs). I'm sure the day will come when even the entry-level Pentax DSLR will stop using AAs, and it might be soon given all the issues with the K-x and batteries.

Being practical, I don't think in 10 years time you will be using a camera you bought today.

03-23-2010, 04:21 AM   #95
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
Being practical, I don't think in 10 years time you will be using a camera you bought today.
You're right, but...

Why on Earth are we all accepting a plethora of LiOn battery form factors and specs? Imagine, standard batteries came in that many forms rather than A, AA, AAA and a few others?

So, a LiOn battery could come in the 9V block battery form factor and be replaceable by one. For example.

A better solution would be new standards for LiOn battery form factors. But 9V block will do as well. 200mAh 9V NiMH (170mAh 8.7V) rechargeable have the capacity of about 2 AAs and are a tad lighter. There isn't the Eneloop kind yet. And the form factor is ugly actually (but at least, a camera battery chamber could work with contact pins rather than the block's nasty clip mechanism).

But IF Pentax is trying to be good on us (by using standard AA and not trying to make profit on proprietary accu form factors), then they could be so kind and work for a B, BB, BBB LiOn accu standard used by them and a good rest of the industry. (Note: I made up the B, BB, BBB designations.)

Last edited by falconeye; 03-23-2010 at 04:27 AM.