Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #106
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex00 Quote
I'm not posting to prove things to you personally, but to give the general public an idea of how great the lens is and how fast it focuses. I suggest you go back and check the low light focusing video i posted so you don't say things like, uh you took the video in daylight.
Yeah, I saw your videos the first time. No reason to waste bandwidth posting them again. Swinging your k-7 around focusing on things that are within 1 meter of each other is not really stressing the AF speed. The ring has to turn about a couple of degrees right? What is funny is that you still don't see the lag even with objects so close to each other.

Fine, if you want to think your new camera is the fastest AF in the world; knock yourself out. I'll pat you on the head, give you an "atta-boy." All that matters is that you think it is fast.

02-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #107

Photos: Gallery
That's why i posted the last video so you can see that even if i changed the focus ring manually to infinity it refocuses almost instantly. I didn't even know what i was focusing on and it did an excellent job.

nowhere did i say that my camera is the fastest in the world. we're not even talking about the camera. its the lens. Being at split second focus, it's darn fast. I don't' think i would care about anything faster as we don't count nano seconds. By the time you blink, the second is over.

if you like cannon. Go to cannon, why are you still wasting your time here.

Last edited by Alex00; 02-04-2010 at 08:40 PM.
02-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #108
Veteran Member

Is it just me or is there a sudden influx of DA* 50-153mm f/2.8 lenses on the marketplace? Currently I count 4 on the first page alone...
02-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #109
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex00 Quote
I'm not posting to prove things to you personally, but to give the general public an idea of how great the lens is and how fast it focuses.
OK then, thanks for that.

In my opinion that's slow focusing. Same as my own DA* 50-135mm.

I think that ends this tangent.

02-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #110
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
Is it just me or is there a sudden influx of DA* 50-153mm f/2.8 lenses on the marketplace? Currently I count 4 on the first page alone...
Maybe their warranties are almost up
02-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #111

In Alex video for low light, is it just me or is does the lens never achieve clear focus? They all seem blurry. Of course the lens sounds as if focus lock is achieved. This is confusing to me.

Alex, I appreciate the time an effort of showing your samples, but that one has me confused.
02-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #112
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photomy Quote
In Alex video for low light, is it just me or is does the lens never achieve clear focus? They all seem blurry. Of course the lens sounds as if focus lock is achieved. This is confusing to me.

Alex, I appreciate the time an effort of showing your samples, but that one has me confused.
My guess is his video camera is the one that's out of focus.
02-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #113

QuoteOriginally posted by Photomy Quote

Focus in low light is accurate. In the video you're actually looking at two viewfinders back to back. I was shooting in very low light and in addition i had a point and shoot camera in video mode placed over the viewfinder of the k7. That's how i was able to record what i would see looking inside the k7 viewfinder. The point and shoot camera cannot of course achieve good focus in low light. But i recorded the video for the sake of showing how the lens works in low light.

02-04-2010, 09:43 PM   #114
Damn Brit

Seeing as this thread didn't go back on topic as asked, I'm closing it.
If you want to continue your debate on the focusing speed of the lens, start a thread in the lens forum or continue it via PM.
Closed Thread