Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #106
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
No, it works like a 20mm thats been cropped a bit.
Right!!! about 1.6x.

easily calculable.

02-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #107
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
A 20mm F1.8 works like a 20mm lens on a FF DSLR but on an APS-C it's like a 30mm, a huge difference.
What I was referring to was the size of the "Super 35mm film" frame being very close to APS-C. This really doesn't apply much when using 35mm PL mount motion film lenses (Cooke, Zeiss, Panavision). Though 35mm motion film uses a vertical gate, field of view is almost identical.

And before anyone brings it up, I've seen all of these lenses mounted on other DSLR's used in professional environments.
02-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #108

QuoteOriginally posted by mtroute Quote
It's funny how all of these things are ALREADY AVAILABLE.....

In video cameras...
So what? How many have dedicated video cameras vs how many have some sort of camera?

How popular isn't youtube, vimeo, facebook, .. ?

The dedicated video camera will get wiped out.

Understand it and adapt.

Also have you seen how fscking amazing the image quality is from such a camera?

If not go watch this, it's from the 5D mk II though so full frame instead of aps-c cameras such as the 7D and 550D but anyway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e81SXtz3l7g

I know the 5D mkII + lenses probably cost as a decent video camera but I assume the 550D won't be _that_ far off from this. What would a video system with comparable image quality cost? ..

Having 60 vs 30/24 fps 720p will lower the rolling shutter effect to I assume.

I like the huge amount of extra creativity added with movie and sound possibility. Sure, if one love photo and only photo there's no need. But since the cameras can do it already why not?

Last edited by aliquis; 02-16-2010 at 06:42 PM.