Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2010, 03:24 PM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Noisychip Quote
Sorry to spoil the fun, it seems there have been Nikon speculations from the same source lately which did not come true:

Busted! | Nikon Rumors
New Pentax lenses | Photo Rumors

A 20 f2 would have been great, I might even drop my M 20/4 for it!
I knew something were fishy about those photos, especially the 10-16 looks too much like the 16-50, and the other two looks like the 55.

02-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #77
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
weren't the 1650mm and 50-135mm the first sdm lenses available?
OMG, how did I miss that one
02-09-2010, 04:30 PM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
They're not that similar - 28 mm is a "perfect normal" (~43 mm) on APS-C, while 20 mm is a real wide (~31 mm).
Basically they're making the FA limiteds for digital.
02-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #79

20/2.0 would be really cool for wedding pics !

Like it...if its really good like 35/2.0, not a re-badged sigma

02-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #80
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Cosmo Quote
Basically they're making the FA limiteds for digital.

Could it mean "no FF plans"? I wish new lenses were ok for FF cameras as well, but they are DA*.
02-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Emre Quote
Could it mean "no FF plans"? I wish new lenses were ok for FF cameras as well, but they are DA*.
I hope not. I just watched a Canon 5D Mk I sell for $920 on eBay. Those things are now so cheap I can can pick up one, plus a Canon 20mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4, and an 85mm f/1.8 all for around $2000. That is cheap enough for me to lose my patience with Pentax. If they don't release a FF camera at PMA they could at least let us know they are working on one like they did with the 645D. At this point I just want to know one is coming, if I know one is on the way then I'll wait for it, otherwise the used FF market is getting too cheap to ignore.
02-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
At this point I just want to know one is coming, if I know one is on the way then I'll wait for it, otherwise the used FF market is getting too cheap to ignore.
That's kind of contradictory. By stating "I'll wait for it", you imply that you don't need it. Why do you wait, then. Just go on with what you have and take pictures.

Just a thought!
02-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #83
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There is nothing about this that is real in any way. Asahi Camera and Nippon Camera magazines both publish a speculation/hope for special every year. I have some magazines from them with failed predictions from the past. Just ignore this as there is little to no truth to any of this. It's all photoshop and dreams.

02-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
That's kind of contradictory. By stating "I'll wait for it", you imply that you don't need it. Why do you wait, then. Just go on with what you have and take pictures.

Just a thought!
I shoot pics almost every single week, however I'm shooting them in film at the moment while I wait (I also have a Canon G10 that I use for some things). While film is great for a lot of things it's obviously not the answer for everything. I prefer digital for anything with strobes, which means I end up using my G10 for that....which in turn means I end up spending too much time in Photoshop adding shallow DOF to too many pics. It's getting old. I could put up with it if know what I want is on the way, but otherwise I'll probably just pick a used 5D up before my next trip in April.
02-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #85
Veteran Member

I shoot pics almost every single week, however I'm shooting them in film at the moment while I wait (I also have a Canon G10 that I use for some things). While film is great for a lot of things it's obviously not the answer for everything. I prefer digital for anything with strobes, which means I end up using my G10 for that....which in turn means I end up spending too much time in Photoshop adding shallow DOF to too many pics. It's getting old. I could put up with it if know what I want is on the way, but otherwise I'll probably just pick a used 5D up before my next trip in April.
maybe you could use your g10 as a 'digiroid' and shoot the same settings on the film camera?
02-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MJB DIGITAL Quote
maybe you could use your g10 as a 'digiroid' and shoot the same settings on the film camera?
That's actually what I bought it for, but to be honest, I just haven't cared for the look of the pics I'm getting on film when doing strobist stuff. I guess I'm a bit of a digi-nerd when it comes to that. Plus, there's another issue. I set up this pic of my grandmother using my G10, then took the pics with my newly acquired Pentax LX. Well, that was a mistake, I realized my LX had a sticky shutter after I got the slides back (it has since been cleaned and repaired), but that experience freaked me out a bit about doing photo shoots of people with film. After a few hours in photoshop at least one of the set up shots was decent.

02-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #87
Veteran Member

I love your grandmother. I love G10. I love cherry pie.

Can I come over?
02-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MJB DIGITAL Quote
I love your grandmother. I love G10. I love cherry pie.

Can I come over?
Only if you bring hookers.
02-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #89
Forum Member

I was excited to see these DA* primes on the maganize first. But the text clearly indicated that this was more of speculation and recommendation (to Hoya/Pentax) from the camera critics. Personally, I would like Pentax to make D-FA limited lenses such as 15mm and 24mm.
02-09-2010, 07:52 PM   #90
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Only if you bring hookers.
And pays, I hope.