Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #316
Banned

New Pentax 645D "dual SDHC memory card slot"

QuoteQuote:
Dual SDHC / SD memory card slot in the two concurrent writes in addition to slots, two slots that can be written sequentially.
Google Translate

03-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #317

QuoteOriginally posted by MJB DIGITAL Quote
I had a dream last night that the image was all the way revealed. It turned around and I was going YAY....then I saw on the side it said K2. Weird. I got all sad because I have been wanting to see the 645D for so long. I went to the store and it (645) was selling for $800 and I picked up three.
You have an incredible dream life! Pick up a couple for me next time at that price.
03-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #318
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
For those who think you can really get fast data rates out of MF chip, Mamiya released their latest and greatest MF camera:
Mamiya Introduces 40-Megapixel DM40 Medium-Format Camera System
It's a whopping 60 frames per *MINUTE*...LOL ;-)
03-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #319

the image has indeed updated.

Alas, this time it's not that interesting an update. Simply a reveal of the Pentax logo...clearly just to let us all know that they're not sticking 'HOYA' on front of the camera (yet ;-) )

03-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #320
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
For those who think you can really get fast data rates out of MF chip, Mamiya released their latest and greatest MF camera:
Mamiya Introduces 40-Megapixel DM40 Medium-Format Camera System
It's a whopping 60 frames per *MINUTE*...LOL ;-)
Actually, it says "0.8 frames per second," so that would make it only 48 frames per minute...
03-02-2010, 02:19 AM   #321

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Actually, it says "0.8 frames per second," so that would make it only 48 frames per minute...
Which is more than double of what I would need for my future MF.

The key will never be having a million frames per minute so that you capture everything. The key is a fast responding camera that captures what you see in an instant.

And for studio and flash on location use, where I guess most users would use this camera - you have to take into account that the flashes often need a couple of seconds to charge. The models needs some seconds to get into a new pose, and the photographer needs time to think!
03-02-2010, 03:45 AM   #322
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Will we see VOL.4?
03-02-2010, 05:40 AM   #323

QuoteOriginally posted by Elton Quote
And for studio and flash on location use, where I guess most users would use this camera - you have to take into account that the flashes often need a couple of seconds to charge. The models needs some seconds to get into a new pose, and the photographer needs time to think!
You should check out Profoto lighting gear. At anything other than full power, they're done in way under a second. I don't think that's a serious bottleneck for MF shooters.

I would say that when there's a camera out there that will shoot 30fps (RAW) at 60MP, there'll be some shooters that will use it. I'm sure they'll take great shots with it, too.

For now, of course, that's a fantasy. I don't think there are many who don't believe that this is the way it's going, though (at least for the high-end...that may take a while to trickle down).

03-02-2010, 06:00 AM   #324
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jptreen Quote
You should check out Profoto lighting gear. At anything other than full power, they're done in way under a second. I don't think that's a serious bottleneck for MF shooters.

I would say that when there's a camera out there that will shoot 30fps (RAW) at 60MP, there'll be some shooters that will use it. I'm sure they'll take great shots with it, too.

For now, of course, that's a fantasy. I don't think there are many who don't believe that this is the way it's going, though (at least for the high-end...that may take a while to trickle down).
30fps @ 60Mpx (raw or not) is a movie director fantasy. At the moment, sport photographers shoot in jpg due to time and badwidth constraint as they need to send the data to the news feed (or who ever is to receive) as fast as they can.
03-02-2010, 06:22 AM   #325
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
0.8 seconds per frame = 1.25 fps
So in other words on short bursts it has 1.25fps, which drops to 1fps for extended runs.

The most compelling point for me is the sync speed with the leaf shutters. Full sync (not some reduced power HSS).

So now you can go out with little speedlights and totally overpower the sun. Or use bigger strobes and get much better recycle time.

$21,000 buys a lot of light though...
03-02-2010, 07:32 AM   #326

QuoteOriginally posted by ghelary Quote
30fps @ 60Mpx (raw or not) is a movie director fantasy. At the moment, sport photographers shoot in jpg due to time and badwidth constraint as they need to send the data to the news feed (or who ever is to receive) as fast as they can.
30fps at 60Mpx is a movie director reality - have you seen the negative size of IMAX film?

As soon as we have the processing power, mobile bandwidth and flexibility to take a video, replay it instantly, take a still from it and ping it to home base, all within 30 seconds, then that'll be what we're looking at for sports. Lower skill, lower pay, higher tech. That's the paradigm we've been hurtling down for the past couple of hundred years...

At the same time I was thinking of fashion photogs (the MF market, what this thread's about). They may well have a tether, a guy on-site to organise and process the shots, and clients who would be very impressed by it.

I just think that's where we're going, however slowly.
03-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #327
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by indyphil Quote
The most compelling point for me is the sync speed with the leaf shutters. Full sync (not some reduced power HSS).
Yep, that indeed is the coolest part about it, though you could arguably do that w/ a Nikon D40 or Canon G11 nowadays.

It's obvious to me that MF isn't for sports shooters...it's for studio/landscape photogs who want to do big prints...(for web resolution, anything we have now can do it well)...
03-02-2010, 08:03 AM   #328
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Yonnie Quote
You have an incredible dream life! Pick up a couple for me next time at that price.
No prob. You might be able to get it cheaper than me if you just drink too much beer and eat fast food right before you go to sleep.

Morning hangover and swamp-gut is a small price to pay for owning three 645D's....

I am seriously thinking about saving for one to use on weddings. Even if I don't get to use it all day, I think I could get some really rockin cool images with that wide/shallow DOF look. I also have a feeling that the dynamic range is going to be killer. I don't know what the max shutter speed is going to be on the 645D but the only time I use really fast shutter speed is super bright sun when I need to keep my aperture open to allow the fill flash (HSS)

It will be a long time before I can get one but hey, maybe I will be getting the 645Dnii by the time I have the cash....
03-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #329
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jptreen Quote
30fps at 60Mpx is a movie director reality - have you seen the negative size of IMAX film?

As soon as we have the processing power, mobile bandwidth and flexibility to take a video, replay it instantly, take a still from it and ping it to home base, all within 30 seconds, then that'll be what we're looking at for sports. Lower skill, lower pay, higher tech. That's the paradigm we've been hurtling down for the past couple of hundred years...

At the same time I was thinking of fashion photogs (the MF market, what this thread's about). They may well have a tether, a guy on-site to organise and process the shots, and clients who would be very impressed by it.

I just think that's where we're going, however slowly.
Well, this is again all about the fantasy of film vs digital. From IMAX people themselves, they more claim that IMAX is 18K (Full HD is 1K = 1080*1920) so taking the same ratio, IMAX would make around 37Mpx. At the time of the capture, scanning, editing, filtering would take off a lot of resolution.

Truth is, IMAX is far from it, even if it is gorgious. Just like Digital full frame is above anything that 35mm film even produced in the right the right conditions, so is Medium format. In fact 65Mpx backs come close to usual large formats in terms of resolution (see the luminous landscape for the test)

Sure, the IMAX boys would know how to use it, but please take in account that 60Mpx @ 8bits (bayer) @ 30fps would make around 14.4 Gbps of data flow without counting any type of header. Hard drives will have to improve a lot before being able to handle such a bitrate.
03-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #330
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
I was convinced that it would be CF/SD dual slot