03-10-2010, 01:55 AM   #511
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh! A golden section focusing screen again (:

03-10-2010, 01:57 AM   #512
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PENTAX 645D

Link to sample images from 1001 Noisy Cameras. Sorry if already posted. I still think it's ugly......but yes of course I want one!
03-10-2010, 01:59 AM   #513
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
PENTAX 645D

Link to sample images from 1001 Noisy Cameras. Sorry if already posted. I still think it's ugly......but yes of course I want one!
http://www.camera-pentax.jp/645d/photo/01.jpg

resized, but outstanding

Last edited by ogl; 03-10-2010 at 02:39 AM.
03-10-2010, 02:20 AM   #515
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Ken Rockwell is some kind of id...t... I've never read before such sillest and funniest opus.
He is in hysterics.

Pentax 645D
God, he's a f*ckwit. The great Ken Rockwell has given it the thumbs down! Oh noes! This is exactly what shits me about Ken.

I mean...god. I wonder if he needs psychiatric help. This man who knows what the pros want, which, as evidenced by the 500 words of begging on his front page. You know what, buddy, I'm wondering how many people are hoping that bill gets passed just to shut you the hell up.

You're such a good, "pro" photographer? Why not go out there and make some money, huh? Surely there are gallery owners beating down your door. Is not your answering machine overflowing with calls from Magnum, Time, National Geographic?

He's a hypocrite, a w*nker, and about the smuggest, pathetic, most self-righteous arsehole out there - a classic case of the Internet expert. And he's not a fifteen-year-old kid. He's a grown man, who's trying to support a (sadly growing) family by making money the way most single men living off ramen would balk at.

It's not criticising Pentax that gets me. Go ahead. There's a lot of stuff to bitch about, and even the 645D's not perfect. Hell no. It's just the way he says it - his opinion is fact, anything he can't/won't use is superfluous, he knows what pros want, yet, of course, spends pages drooling on about how his Canon P&S and Nikon D40 are the best cameras ever.

And we, apparently, owe him for all this. F*ck off and die, Kenny. I hope you have to hock all your Nikon gear to support your family.
03-10-2010, 02:23 AM   #516
Inactive Account

Anyway, another thought: as much as I want a FF camera, this might be a wiser move. It's giving Pentax a chance to leapfrog certain key areas of the pro market - portraits, fashion, fine art and perhaps wedding photography - and establish itself more firmly in the professional world. MF cameras were Pentax's main foothold in the pro sector.

It's probably for the best that it's Japan-only for now - Japan's a vastly different market to the rest of the world, and often had access to stuff long after it was discontinued everywhere - as I think Pentax needs to up it's support in the rest of the world. I hope Hoya consolidates the disparate distributors around the world, equalising the service. It should be no harder to get something done to your Pentax in Poland than in the US. The 645D service should allow Pentax to ease into the pro service market globally, and then, hope against hope, give us a 35mm FF camera, with a good worldwide network to back it up.
03-10-2010, 02:26 AM   #517
ogl
Banned

Will we see FF this Photokina from Pentax? Or only high-speed top APS-C?

03-10-2010, 02:32 AM   #518

Ogl, your full size picture is ruining the forum layout on my office display. Care to resize it or put a link?

Thanks!
03-10-2010, 02:46 AM   #519
Veteran Member

I've seen in DP review that the production is of about 500 units a month.

The market for last year in France was of about 400 units... all brands mixed (and that includes Fashion industry) If the DP review statement is true (I couldn't find it via the google translation), Pentax definitively have the capactity to market their MF in Europe and US.

In any case, I'm fine with that because it looks likfe a superb camera and I would be very very tempted to buy it !
03-10-2010, 03:03 AM   #520
Veteran Member

From the DC Watch JP article...
[IMGWIDELEFT]http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/img/dcw/docs/353/556/21.jpg[/IMGWIDELEFT]

Wasn't this the Pentax patent we once found? To make the view finder smaller by putting a lens between focus screen and prism?

If so, this could mean that Pentax OVF can be build smaller than from the competition. It certainly is a lot smaller than Hasselblad VF

Last edited by falconeye; 03-10-2010 at 03:09 AM.
03-10-2010, 03:07 AM   #521
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ghelary Quote
I've seen in DP review that the production is of about 500 units a month.

The market for last year in France was of about 400 units... all brands mixed (and that includes Fashion industry) If the DP review statement is true (I couldn't find it via the google translation), Pentax definitively have the capactity to market their MF in Europe and US.

In any case, I'm fine with that because it looks likfe a superb camera and I would be very very tempted to buy it !
It's written at Pentax.JP - 500 units per month.
03-10-2010, 03:10 AM   #522
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Ken Rockwell is some kind of id...t... I've never read before such sillest and funniest opus.
He is in hysterics.

Pentax 645D
I hope he gets mail bombed after this! Is that a grown adult man???
He acts like an angry teenager

Meanwhile he is being angry and childish about this, the pros (from every brand) are giving thumbs up to Pentax.

I feel sorry for Ken....it must be hard to be that way. Poor guy.
03-10-2010, 03:19 AM   #523
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
God, he's a f*ckwit. The great Ken Rockwell has given it the thumbs down! Oh noes! This is exactly what shits me about Ken.

I mean...god. I wonder if he needs psychiatric help. This man who knows what the pros want, which, as evidenced by the 500 words of begging on his front page. You know what, buddy, I'm wondering how many people are hoping that bill gets passed just to shut you the hell up.

You're such a good, "pro" photographer? Why not go out there and make some money, huh? Surely there are gallery owners beating down your door. Is not your answering machine overflowing with calls from Magnum, Time, National Geographic?

He's a hypocrite, a w*nker, and about the smuggest, pathetic, most self-righteous arsehole out there - a classic case of the Internet expert. And he's not a fifteen-year-old kid. He's a grown man, who's trying to support a (sadly growing) family by making money the way most single men living off ramen would balk at.

It's not criticising Pentax that gets me. Go ahead. There's a lot of stuff to bitch about, and even the 645D's not perfect. Hell no. It's just the way he says it - his opinion is fact, anything he can't/won't use is superfluous, he knows what pros want, yet, of course, spends pages drooling on about how his Canon P&S and Nikon D40 are the best cameras ever.

And we, apparently, owe him for all this. F*ck off and die, Kenny. I hope you have to hock all your Nikon gear to support your family.

ouww..lithos..chill out..

but im agree.. this time he is really..really..

-- cant find any words in english
03-10-2010, 03:21 AM   #524
ogl
Banned

At Nikon forums some users think to buy 645D as travel camera further to D3S/D700/D3X.
03-10-2010, 03:22 AM   #525
Veteran Member

im sorry cant understand japanese.. but is this picture depicting how camera handling the horizontal level..?