Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Danny Delcambre Quote
Sad not get full manual video, Low Light, more more... I think 1.03 is last then no longer because I see other most of 1.03 never get more than 1.04 or more.. Look alike it was last then no longer firmware for K-7 because I had my K10d was only 1.03.. SAD
The *ist D currently uses firmware revision 1.12. Updates may be slow in coming, but they're constant and regular.

Last edited by GoremanX; 02-18-2010 at 03:54 PM.
02-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #47
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
And by the way, the *ist D currently uses firmware revision 1.12. Updates may be slow in coming, but they're constant and regular.
Well, there has been no updates for K200D and only upto 1.03 for K20D and I don't expect new ones to come unless there's a serious new functionality issue. After all, there's really not that much to gain from updating yesteryear's gear.
02-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #48
Veteran Member

I did the firmware update and now my camera will take a picture when I snap my fingers......and will sit up and beg when I remove the SD Card.

Man Pentax thinks of everything.
LOL
02-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Well, there has been no updates for K200D and only upto 1.03 for K20D and I don't expect new ones to come unless there's a serious new functionality issue. After all, there's really not that much to gain from updating yesteryear's gear.
That's a weird leap of logic... the K200D came out around the same time as the K20D. That wasn't so long ago.

When the SDHC standard came out, there were eventually firmware updates for all Pentax cameras to allow them to use memory cards larger than 2GB. So I wouldn't be shocked to see a new firmware update when SDXC cards become readily available.

It's not just functionality issues that get fixed. Evolving technology calls for evolving firmware. Pentax does a decent job of keeping photographers' investments current by keeping their cameras compatible with the latest developments. I'm not sure what kind of enhancements you're hoping for in the K200D/K20D.

02-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
I did the firmware update and now my camera will take a picture when I snap my fingers......and will sit up and beg when I remove the SD Card.
That only happens when you're using a Class6 SDHC card. If using a Class10, SAFOX VIII+ becomes SAFOX IX: Insurrection. And the Pentax logo changes to this weird N, I, K, O and N series of letters. None of it makes any sense to me...
02-18-2010, 01:46 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
When the SDHC standard came out, there were eventually firmware updates for all Pentax cameras to allow them to use memory cards larger than 2GB. So I wouldn't be shocked to see a new firmware update when SDXC cards become readily available.
SDXC support won't be a simple firmware update. It requires an SDXC-capable chipset:

Next Generation SDxc Details
02-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #52
Nubi

I may be hallucinating, but after the installing, it seems like it takes the camera a longer time to process the picture just shot. Not happy. I want my money back.

02-18-2010, 10:54 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
I may be hallucinating, but after the installing, it seems like it takes the camera a longer time to process the picture just shot. Not happy. I want my money back.
I haven't noticed any such thing, and I just checked after reading your post. Check your camera settings (lens corrections, etc). Or downgrade back to 1.02 and check again.
02-18-2010, 11:48 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Ah, but you see this is Pentax's way of speeding up the autofocus. It doesn't really speed up the camera, it slows down time itself for the rest of the universe. This slows down even the fastest action to allow the AF to work and increase the effective frame rate...
02-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Are distortion correction or lateral chromatic aberration adjustment enabled? If so, are you comparing to the same configuration with the previous firmware, and using a lens that was corrected by both firmware versions?
02-19-2010, 01:28 AM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by carpediem007 Quote
Anyways [sic], here's a link to the listing at dxomark... Just choose Pentax and see for your self... Camera rankings
28th K10D, 32nd K20D, 56th K-7...
Samsung GX 20 is at 22 though, hmmm.
02-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Samsung GX 20 is at 22 though, hmmm.
DXO ranking is nothing new and nothing interesting either.
Falk has shown clearly their testing were not quite up to what they should be (still useful when DPR are crap, that said).
02-19-2010, 09:27 AM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
SDXC support won't be a simple firmware update. It requires an SDXC-capable chipset:

That's not true.

SDXC is the same as SDHC, but with ability to do higher transfer rates and exFAT file system support.

If SDHC with different addressing technique was done by firmware update, then SDXC support surely can be also done that way.
02-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #59
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote

Easy by firmware. SDXC is SDHC with just higher speed, more volume and exFAT system.
02-19-2010, 10:33 AM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zebooka Quote
That's not true.

SDXC is the same as SDHC, but with ability to do higher transfer rates and exFAT file system support.

If SDHC with different addressing technique was done by firmware update, then SDXC support surely can be also done that way.
You're going to argue a quote from the SD Association themselves? I'm not going to hold my breath personally... We've yet to see any suggestion of a single SDXC firmware update, even from manufacturers who've already launched numerous new SDXC-compatible products.