Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
rebates in general are a shit system for the consumer. No real reason why they are not up front unless they are a non $ bonus of some kind.

Pretty much entirely exist to screw you, they should be illegal.

02-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
(Seems intentional to me. )
You are correct, because most people will just give up after getting the letter. Back a few years ago when pentax offered rebates for the K100d and K10 they told me they lost mine. It is the first and only rebate I never received.

There was a company hired to process rebates from another camera manufacturer. ALL of the rebates were being denied. Of course, most folks were following the instructions to include the original receipt and the product code from the packaging but they weren't making copies. The inexperienced had NOTHING to show that they had purchased the items, much less mailed the forms and proof in a timely fashion. The lucky few had copies of what they sent and were able to get help from the manufacturer. Most people were spit out of luck.

It was later revealed that the processing company got to keep the funds from unclaimed rebates so there wasn't any incentive for them to pay the monies due.

BTW, I always affix the receipt and the product code to a sheet of paper. I make a copy of it and the rebate form. I send it from the post office with delivery confirmation. Never had a camera rebate denied.