Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2010, 05:35 AM   #1
Forum Member

PENTAX absent from PMA 2010

Google Tłumacz

QuoteQuote:
Pentax, "PMA 2010" to postpone the exhibition. PMA 2010, February 21 - February 23 through Sun, camera-related events to be held in the United States.

HOYA CORPORATION PENTAX Imaging Systems Division is a reason for postponing Exhibition "by the decision of the subsidiary" has said.

PMA 2011 after years of participation is determined. In previous PMA09, compact digital camera "X70" and "DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited" was announced.

March 2010 11 Event to be held in Japan from "CP +2010" For the participants have expressed. CP +2010, the announcement that the current Tizasaito "products with a large ultra-high resolution image sensors," there seems to be announced.

About PMA 2010 has decided to postpone the Canon booth already. Meanwhile, Olympus, Casio, Sigma, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic and Fujifilm have been revealed to participate.

PMA is the nation's largest trade show related photos. Photo Marketing Association has been held every year, as fair, known as photo-related events, along with large Photokina in Germany. PMA 2010 the venue moved from Las Vegas to Anaheim, California, Nevada, last February 21, 2010 - 23 days make.

02-18-2010, 05:54 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
At PMA Exhibitors list Pentax is present
02-18-2010, 06:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Man, Pentax pulled out at last minute, well 3 days early

Man, Pentax pulled out at last minute, well 3 days early.

Hopefully Pentax can get their airfare refunded, rooms refunded, & I guess that goes for the shop owners traveling there to meet specifically with Pentax.

Its true Canon pulled out of PMA 2010 last year. Instead theres a major wedding photographer show on Las Vegas in a couple weeks that Canon will attend instead. I've read Canon will have a vast array of gear onhand for wedding photographers to play with. I think its called WIIP Show ?

Last edited by Samsungian; 02-18-2010 at 06:22 AM.
02-18-2010, 06:22 AM   #4
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmm....Enjoy waiting....March, 11. Great day

02-18-2010, 06:44 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Good idea

If they have nothing or just a few new products to show before their big day in Tokyo in March, this seems sensible. I think they're starting to learn how to do marketing in the internet age - and trade shows are not a part of that (well, they're using a trade show in Tokyo, but maybe that's because they'll be able to meet directly with a lot of the potential first customers of the 645D there).
02-18-2010, 08:01 AM   #6
Veteran Member

If its true that Pentax has pulled out of PMA, it might be interpreted as another indication that the 645D is to be a Japan-only product. If the 645D were coming to America, its hard to believe that Hoya would not allow Pentax USA to announce it at PMA, simply because they intended to announce it in Japan on March 11.

That's only two weeks and it would rob the USA subsidiary of a huge marketing opportunity. All of the world's photo press and trade journals will be covering the show, and large and small retailers will be there. To deny them the chance to see and handle a potentially game-changing product seems to me to be extremely short-sighted.

I have not seen or read any official statements from Hoya or Pentax, since the announcement a year or so ago that the 645D project was being revived, to indicate that they had changed their mind about releasing it only in Japan. I have seen a lot of speculation, rumors and outright wishful thinking on this and other forums, but not a peep from Hoya/Pentax.

But then, what do I know?
02-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Paul dont be so silly. Pentax is much more succesful in the us, uk, france, and others outside of japan. Releasing the 645d exclusivly in japan would be a huge marketing failure that not even a monkey would make. They are going to announce it in japan first but for a reason. Besides everything gets announced first in japan now days. Sorry for errors. Typing on my zune.

02-18-2010, 08:49 AM   #8
Pentaxian

If they release it in Japan only...

...it could be just a matter of half a year Japan-exclusive or so, which would give them some time to build support organization in other countries, to test the success of the product, and maybe also to add even more to the hype.
02-18-2010, 09:05 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Hmm....Enjoy waiting....March, 11. Great day
Yep, that's a very good day indeed. Lithuanian Independence restoration day
02-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Paul dont be so silly. Pentax is much more succesful in the us, uk, france, and others outside of japan. Releasing the 645d exclusivly in japan would be a huge marketing failure that not even a monkey would make. They are going to announce it in japan first but for a reason. Besides everything gets announced first in japan now days. Sorry for errors. Typing on my zune.
I think Pentax is still more successful in Japan than outside.
A lot of Pentax 645 user here, even an ordinary veteran can carry Pentax MF (or other MF brand).
02-18-2010, 09:41 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by noblepa Quote
I have not seen or read any official statements from Hoya or Pentax, since the announcement a year or so ago that the 645D project was being revived, to indicate that they had changed their mind about releasing it only in Japan. I have seen a lot of speculation, rumors and outright wishful thinking on this and other forums, but not a peep from Hoya/Pentax.

But then, what do I know?
Nothing. There hasn't been a single official statement from Hoya or Pentax that the 645D is for Japan only. Why on earth would they use millions of dollars developing a camera and then not sell it?
02-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
Its true Canon pulled out of PMA 2010 last year. Instead theres a major wedding photographer show on Las Vegas in a couple weeks that Canon will attend instead. I've read Canon will have a vast array of gear onhand for wedding photographers to play with. I think its called WIIP Show ?
Its WPPI (wedding and portrait photographers international). Its a BIG show at the MGM. I'll be there - I wonder if any other Pentax shooters will be there ??
02-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #13
Veteran Member

WPPI it is then ! I googled WIIP and got noth'n

WPPI it is then ! I googled WIIP and got noth'n.

You likely know this ???

B&H ,if in attendance, sometimes give a discount code that covers a vast array of gear and brands. I guess so you can shop at home and get deals after the show.

If you come across the B&H code, please share? It works for anyone who has code irregardless of their major show attendence. Limited time offer, maybe 30 days at most. Can be as much as 20% off normal website prices.

Many THANKS !!!
02-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
WPPI it is then ! I googled WIIP and got noth'n.

You likely know this ???

B&H ,if in attendance, sometimes give a discount code that covers a vast array of gear and brands. I guess so you can shop at home and get deals after the show.

If you come across the B&H code, please share? It works for anyone who has code irregardless of their major show attendence. Limited time offer, maybe 30 days at most. Can be as much as 20% off normal website prices.

Many THANKS !!!
I'll keep an eye out.
02-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #15
Banned

not a big deal

Macworld 2010 refocuses for new era, without Apple | Macworld Expo | MacUser | Macworld