Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2010, 11:21 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Slightly better than Amazon's K7 deal

Update: DEAL IS DEAD at prices listed below, probably in response to Amazon as well.

Same price as Amazon, except comes with 2 year extended warranty from Pentax! In addition, use coupon code "email10" or "loyalty10" to knock off $10 (not stackable). Free shipping and no taxes to most states.

$889 Body Only

$989 with lens

They get decent reviews from resellerratings. I have personally purchased from them before. Sometimes they will hold your order until you call to confirm. It is a ruse to upsell, but they are not pushy and will immediately ship after calling.

Edit: Code "loyalty15" works to knock off $15.

Last edited by einstrigger; 02-23-2010 at 02:57 PM.
02-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Abe's is an established and trustworthy company. I have bought several things from them over the past couple of years with no problems. They can be a little aggressive with the add-on suggestions, but just get what you need and decline what you don't want.

Jason
02-23-2010, 12:33 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I have purchased from them in the past. They really try to hardsell you into buying extra crap for your camera (or anything of that matter). i.e. Buy a warranty? no? how bout a lens filter? no? how bout <insert here>?

I'm up in the air about purchasing from them in the future.

My guess is a lot of their stuff is also grey imports (if that even matters with Pentax)
02-23-2010, 05:42 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Abe's is reputable and doesn't sell gray market stuff. At the same time, they will try to sell you batteries, SD Cards, etc along with your purchase. If you say no, a couple of times, they'll give you the deal. Not at all like Broadway Camera and the like, where they'll finally tell you that if you want the non-Japanese model it'll be two hundred more, or some such thing.

02-23-2010, 05:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

All USA K-7 sold in USA have 3 year warranty !

All USA K-7 sold in USA have 3 year warranty !

No extra charge for the three years, its included when you register the K-7. I see many retailers offering K-7 two extra years for K-7 at additional $29.95. Which is just throwing money away because:

All USA K-7 sold in USA ALREADY HAVE have 3 year warranty !!!
02-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I'm pretty sure that if you use the code "CLUBSNAP15" you'll get 15 bucks off. They also have a coupon code that gives a $100 gift card to restaurant.com. Abe's participates in Bing Cashback, so if one uses that, too, it'll be a pretty good deal on the K-7. I've ordered a few things from them, and the only calls I've received from them were awkward calls checking in to see if everything arrived okay; however, my friend just ordered a Nikon D300s and a DX 35mm last week, and they did call him the next day to offer accessories and extended coverage.
02-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
Site Supporter

I've bought my 31mm, 16-50mm, 50-135mm, and mostly recently a red K-x from them. In all but one case, they're asked me to call to "verify" the order.

After the first order, I've written in the comments section that I don't want any batteries, filters, or other accessories. On one of the orders, they asked me to call and I replied via email that I already told them that I didn't want those, and the order shipped soon after.

For the K-x, they waited until the end of the call and did the "I see you're buying a DSLR, it's very important to put a UV filter on there..." argh! I do not use UV filters, do not want UV filters... if you're going to try to upsell me something try something that's actually worthwhile, like a lens hood! (I just stole the one off my K100D kit lens. )

They are certainly not my favorite but everything has always arrived safely and their prices are often the best. I'd rather order everything from Beach, but their prices have been a little inconsistent and their selection is very limited compared to the others.

BTW, I think "loyalty15" is another $15 off code, but that's off the top of my head so I'm not sure. I know I was able to use a $15 coupon on the K-x.
02-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
All USA K-7 sold in USA ALREADY HAVE have 3 year warranty !!!
That's good to know. Places like Adorama are selling the supposed extended warranty for an extra $20. Does the 3 year hold true for the K-x too?

P.S. Coupon code "loyalty15" works to knock $15 off!

02-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I just checked Abe's website. K-7 body only is $989. If it was less yesterday, it might have been an error on their part.

Rob
02-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
They probably just adjusted to Amazon's current pricing. Thanks for the heads up, I'll update the first post.
02-24-2010, 12:06 AM   #11
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Abe's is reputable and doesn't sell gray market stuff.
Thats not true. I have purchased a grey market DSLR in the past from them (2 years ago maybe?). I knew in advance and had no problem with it. I suppose they might not be now and I am not saying that they only sell these type of items.

Do a quick search on google and you will see that there are complaints of not being told items are grey market in the past.

Last edited by drewx2; 02-24-2010 at 12:11 AM.