Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well looks like Novoflex (Fixed) will bring out a Nikon F-mount adapter with aperture control for the NX-10. Novoflex shows adapters for Samsung NX: Digital Photography Review

Also Samsung talks again... I remember what happened when they opened their mouth about the GX DSLR series, saying that they would rise to the top 3 within a year or two. Didn't go so well did it, hope Sony finds a way to crush them again just for the hell of it. Samsung wants to 'own' mirrorless market: Digital Photography Review

Last edited by LeDave; 02-23-2010 at 05:53 PM.
02-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Well looks like Novaflex will bring out a Nikon F-mount with aperture control for the NX-10.
I posted the same and deleted because you were a couple of seconds faster

It is Novoflex, not Novaflex. I know the owner of this company and he wouldn't like his company name misspelled ...

And the Novoflex NX adapter is K-mount first as far as this forum is concerned You are right, there are versions for other mounts too. I don't know if it allows for better automatic control.
02-24-2010, 02:36 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P Quote
That Samsung TL500 looks rather tasty though.
If Samsung uses its usual processing engine, I fear it will be a failure.
02-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #19

It might be a shame there is no electrical connections in that k-mount adapter, but guys - wouldn't this then be the dream camera for those who complain about the crippled k-mount with K and M-series lenses?

Since there is no camera connection for the aperture lever the camera dont care about stopping down. That must mean that the NX will give us AV-mode operation on all our old lenses, including a realtime dof preview?

02-24-2010, 11:30 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
If Samsung uses its usual processing engine, I fear it will be a failure.
It shoots in RAW, so with the intended target market that may be less of a problem.
02-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P Quote
That Samsung TL500 looks rather tasty though.
Why, for the love of all that's photographic, can't Pentax can't make an enthusiast P&S like this?
02-24-2010, 02:47 PM   #22

That's not a very desirable feature for me. The EVF is darker than OVF to begin with. And if you stop down to F8, that will pretty much render the EVF useless.

QuoteOriginally posted by sveinmb Quote
Since there is no camera connection for the aperture lever the camera dont care about stopping down. That must mean that the NX will give us AV-mode operation on all our old lenses, including a realtime dof preview?
02-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
It shoots in RAW, so with the intended target market that may be less of a problem.
Possibly. Samsung is a master in electronics but on a photography POV they don't wanna understand IMO. Not that Sony did either.