Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2010, 03:12 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Samsung NX adapter

Samsung K mount adapter on show news - Amateur Photographer - news, camera reviews, lens reviews, camera equipment guides, photography courses, competitions, photography forums

All manual, it seems.

And btw. these guys really live up to the "amateur" part of their name: "As the adapter will increase the space between the lens and the body there will be some focal length magnification, but at the moment it is unclear quite what factor will be created."

02-23-2010, 04:19 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
And btw. these guys really live up to the "amateur" part of their name: "As the adapter will increase the space between the lens and the body there will be some focal length magnification, but at the moment it is unclear quite what factor will be created."
Mouahahahahaha. LOL That's good one ROTFL.
02-23-2010, 06:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

£100
02-23-2010, 07:06 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

The guy who wrote that should buy a hockey stick and become a brain surgeon.
It just proves that you don't need anything more than some fancy graphics to become an expert on the internet.

02-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #5
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
£100
It means 100 USD
02-23-2010, 08:32 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Here's another post, with Samsung's 10-17 fisheye zoom mounted. That lens looks familiar...

PMA 2010: Samsung gets serious

My pet peeve is that trade show photos like this are typically awful. Aren't there photographers working on these blogs? Do they know how to focus or use a flash?
02-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I'm in the camp that finds the NX10 interesting... but with this K-mount adaptor with no electrical connections, I have to wonder why they bothered.

I realize there isn't a company in the world that will listen to me... but I think there should be industrywide standards for accessories like these - standards that would allow full functionality - at least with current lenses. Olympus and Panasonic are doing it with micro four-thirds - heck, they don't even need adaptors - and the companies coming out with "micro APS-C" should do the same thing, at least via adaptors.

As the fine folks at 1001noisycameras.com put it: "So here we go again, let's all reinvent the wheel again, together, in unison, but separate "

Last edited by Biro; 02-23-2010 at 01:10 PM.
02-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It means 100 USD

Its a UK mag so I doubt it will be $100 for us.
It normally works out that $100 = £100 here,
02-23-2010, 12:05 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
£100
Yes, I didn't notice that, I guess we'll see third-party adapters for a fraction of that price.
02-23-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
dang

Tht makes it Roland 1, Jeff ZERO.. I thought for sure it would be more than this as to compatability.
02-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #11

Pentax could make a ton of money by making fully compatible adaptors (AF, aperture, etc) for their lenses for one or more of these mirrorless bodies. I'd love to have a very compact, high IQ system as a second camera and keep all my Pentax glass for when the occasion occurs. I'm just not skilled enough for manual focus.
02-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Here's another post, with Samsung's 10-17 fisheye zoom mounted. That lens looks familiar...

PMA 2010: Samsung gets serious
That Samsung TL500 looks rather tasty though.
02-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #13
Veteran Member

It sure does. Intended as an G11 competitor I guess but with greater aperture.
02-23-2010, 03:17 PM   #14
Forum Member

NX10-Continued

I think the NX10 looks interesting too.
Plus, I am disappointed that the adaptor is not more beneficial.
Your suggestion makes too much sense for companies to follow.
They want us to purchase their brand name accessories.
GR

QuoteOriginally posted by Biro Quote
I'm in the camp that finds the NX10 interesting... but with this K-mount adaptor with no electrical connections, I have to wonder why they bothered.

I realize there isn't a company in the world that will listen to me... but I think there should be industrywide standards for accessories like these - standards that would allow full functionality - at least with current lenses. Olympus and Panasonic are doing it with micro four-thirds - heck, they don't even need adaptors - and the companies coming out with "micro APS-C" should do the same thing, at least via adaptors.

As the fine folks at 1001noisycameras.com put it: "So here we go again, let's all reinvent the wheel again, together, in unison, but separate "
02-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Yeah.... If that performs, and can take a finder, (is that a shoe I see?) that'd be a real contender if I were in the market.