Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by redpigeons Quote
small slr with fantastic small primes! that's what I love about Pentax and recently a fell in love with it again .

I was like all of my friend falling for the FF promise, but learned to realize that its not as important to me as size is as long as the image quality is excellent . and the IQ on my K20D is fantastic

design is impotent to me as well and I think its impotent to a lot of people including professional photographers .

I want a dslr that has classic (retro) design like the LX or K1000 for example .

wow LX look and the DA ltd together... such a beauty !!
The most elegant looking camera I have is my '70's black bodied, white script Pentax ES (electronic Spotmatic) 11...the last of the screwmounts.

It's small. lithe it's a beauty.

02-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Ever work with a Japanese Corperation?
If that was a srcipt, it is a brilliant one (for a script I mean).

Seems to me there's as much cynism here than in Canikon DPR forums
02-25-2010, 03:25 AM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Ever work with a Japanese Corperation?
Mr. Neb Bunnell is the president of Pentax Imaging, not just a worker for a Japanese company. I don't think he's just a marionette, incapable of independent thinking and acting (in reasonable limits); that's ridiculous.
02-25-2010, 05:00 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I am not certain why people care if Pentax releases more colors and versions of the their cameras. It is way too soon for a new release of a sequel either to the kx or the K7. There will certainly be 14 to 15 months between releases. At the same time, if they can generate buzz through changing body styles, that's great.

My biggest problem with Hoya is that they are too secretive. They give absolutely no indication of the path they are taking, just that they consider it best. Great. I have confidence that they are not going to sink the camera division of Pentax, but that's about all I have confidence in right now.

Last edited by Rondec; 03-01-2010 at 07:48 PM.
03-01-2010, 06:13 AM   #35
Veteran Member

**Yawn** Tell us something when you have something interesting to tell us, Ned.
03-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Its 3-7-10 , just 4 days till 645D is announced

Its 3-7-10 , just 4 days till 645D is announced, or 3 days Japan time.

Price of 645D ?

Specs?

Lenses newly designed for digital sensor ?

Should be fun.

Not something I'd consider buying, but at $3,500 to $5,000 but there should be lots of BUZZ about 645D & the newly revamped system...

Good BUZZ indeed, with bunches of free "Pentax" Logo press driving up the Hits Counters in the blog-o-shere.

I wonder if 645D will say "Designed by Pentax" ???

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I am not certain why people care if Pentax releases more colors and versions of the their cameras. It is way too soon for a new release of a sequel either to the kx or the K7. There will certainly be 14 to 15 months between releases. At the same time, if they can generate buzz through changing body styles, that's great.

My biggest problem with Hoya is that they are too secretive. They give absolutely no indication of the path they are taking, just that they consider it best. Great. I have confidence that they are not going to sink the camera division of Pentax, but that's about all I have confidence in right now.
03-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #37
Nubi

I heard that the Lensbaby guys are busy trying to coincide their launch of the 645 mount version.

03-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #38
Veteran Member

He has certain responsibilities

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Mr. Neb Bunnell is the president of Pentax Imaging, not just a worker for a Japanese company. I don't think he's just a marionette, incapable of independent thinking and acting (in reasonable limits); that's ridiculous.
He's really a channel manager, I expect. His role is to meet P/L targets in his assigned territory within the boundaries set by the home office.

I'm not even certain how much authority he has to set pricing, create promotions, set his marketing budget, define warranty policies, etc. It's hard to be responsible for financial targets with the limitations often placed on overseas operations by Japanese companies.

I'm confident that product development is pretty much a one-way street.

His role is set by HQ and will not be shared with the public. That's how it ought to be. And that's why these posts are "rumors".
03-08-2010, 04:28 AM   #39
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
Good BUZZ indeed, with bunches of free "Pentax" Logo press driving up the Hits Counters in the blog-o-shere.
Indeed. Regardless of 645D sales numbers, I'm pretty sure they will get some ROI in the form of increased K-x sales. And maybe camera salespersons now can't say "Pentax is going bankrupt" with a straight face any more.
03-08-2010, 07:09 AM   #40
Pentaxian

'Pentax will go bankrupt because such a small company going medium format will kill them'.
03-08-2010, 07:15 AM   #41
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
'Pentax will go bankrupt because such a small company going medium format will kill them'.
I was afraid someone would come up with that, and now you're giving them ideas already
03-08-2010, 10:03 AM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I was afraid someone would come up with that, and now you're giving them ideas already
Bleh, that one is so tupid they'd find it anyway