Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #166
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Actually, K-7 and 645D have identical electronics. Identical down to the two main processors, buffer memory, 4 channel read-out DACs, HDMI and 921k LCD drivers. The K-7 has additional electronics for audio, the 645D for 2nd SD card.

I believe this is exactly how they did the first Pentax 645. It shared electronics with the 35mm Super-A, the first Pentax camera with the KA mount. Both got the same set of program mode, Tv, Av and manual. It must make sence productionwise and economically, a trick non of the other medium format makers can do since they only make MF systems.

Wonder if any of these new models will get the double SD card ability from the 645D, perhaps with the option to set it up so that video goes to one card and still pictures to the other.

04-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #167
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by C.W Tsorotes Quote
Ok if what im been communicated is correct and true.

The update will be a higher end version of the K7 with an improved AF system inherited from the 645D.
can you explain the "lens element" think alluded to earlier in the thread?

Sounds like this is the camera i've been waiting to upgrade to
04-03-2010, 07:13 AM   #168
Veteran Member

I was confused to at first, however I was explained the lens element is to do with the AF system.

My THEORY is its an upgrade to the same Safox as used in the 645D
04-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #169
Pentaxian

Ok if what im been communicated is correct and true.

The update will be a higher end version of the K7 with an improved AF system inherited from the 645D.
with 'improved' meaning that the screw drive support goes away?

04-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #170
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rvannatta Quote
with 'improved' meaning that the screw drive support goes away?

I'd heavily doubt that, from my limited knowledge and experience with Pentax backwards compatibility is VERY important to them, why would they alienate users of the FA lenses which are renowned to be some of the best?
04-04-2010, 02:54 AM   #171
Veteran Member

I'd heavily doubt that, from my limited knowledge and experience with Pentax backwards compatibility is VERY important to them, why would they alienate users of the FA lenses which are renowned to be some of the best?
Not only F and FA lenses, but all DA lenses, including the Limiteds, except the really expensive DA*'s and the DA 17-70. So yeah, unless Pentax wants to reduce their lens lineup to six lenses of which most people can only afford one, and commit complete and irrevocable suicide in the marketplace, I'd say probably not.
04-04-2010, 03:20 AM   #172
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Erik Quote
So yeah, unless Pentax wants to reduce their lens lineup to six lenses of which most people can only afford one, and commit complete and irrevocable suicide in the marketplace, I'd say probably not.
Sorry to be Pedantic but it's actually 7

04-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #173

wish it gets better focus and focus point display in the viewfinder
04-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #174
Veteran Member

I was wondering where this thread went!

I really am guessing that they're going to show the focus points in the viewfinder if this camera is real. That's something that they can claim is a big enough difference to charge a few hundred more (also the magnesium body that the camera is claimed to have) but if they left them out I would definitely see a huge outcry from a lot of people, especially those who had the same complaints about the K-m and the K-x missing it while otherwise being almost the perfect camera for everyone.
04-08-2010, 09:43 AM   #175
Veteran Member

Just a faster AF system w/ focus lamp is all i need.
04-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #176

I need a DSRL with a body like my K200D but with a faster AF-system, a focus lamp and and a very good high ISO quality. Also more MPixel is not bad, maybe 15 Mpixel and a better dynamic range.

I hope that Pentax realeses new body, it's would be veryy nice also a new 50 mm f1.8 lens like Nikon and Canon.
04-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #177
Veteran Member

This thread is getting out of control! What started from a reliable source for a new K5 camera has now turned into a "wish list".

I dont think Pentax is going to release a new cam UNDER the KX, what else could they possibly remove from it to make it cheaper? They should just drop the price of the KX by $50 - $100 to scare the competition and really catch the eyes of P&S people.
With that said, the high iso ability of the KX should be the standard from here on out. There should never be a reason for a lower end model to out perform any model that costs more. Yes the k7 has more dials and options and WR, but when it comes down to it, the sensor on the KX just beats the K7 sensor up and down the field; and thats a tragedy. Im hoping for a midlevel K5 with an improved KX sensor, which hopefully will lead into an even better sensor for the next K7.
04-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #178
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GatorPentax Quote
This thread is getting out of control! What started from a reliable source for a new K5 camera has now turned into a "wish list".
What reliable source? The thread starter (who has a track record of predictions that didn't come to pass) stated in the very first page of this thread that he had no source for the rumor, and it was just a guess on his part with nothing to back it up.
04-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #179
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
What reliable source? The thread starter (who has a track record of predictions that didn't come to pass) stated in the very first page of this thread that he had no source for the rumor, and it was just a guess on his part with nothing to back it up.
good point....i stand corrected. Nevertheless, this thread should show Pentax how desperate we are for a new camera.
04-08-2010, 11:29 AM   #180
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GatorPentax Quote
I think this describes every thread on the News and Rumors section ever, except without the reliable source part

It gets annoying sometimes but these threads are actually good, since it gives people something to talk about in between releases. I'm sure Pentax reads them for ideas, as well.