Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2010, 11:48 AM   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
If they had production capacities, IMO, they should have done K-m -> K-x -> K-7 instead of scrapping the K-m. It would have done an easy very low price body as Canon does (use old model as lowest end body).
The K-m is still featured on the japanese rankings for last week, (#59, 66 and 75) and is also available at a very low price here in Norway, so they actually have the tree layers in some markets...

Speaking of bcnranking, the K-x is still #5 in February, and up from 7.9% to 8%, but the A550 squeezed K-7 out of place #10.

03-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
The K-m is still featured on the japanese rankings for last week, (#59, 66 and 75) and is also available at a very low price here in Norway, so they actually have the tree layers in some markets...

Speaking of bcnranking, the K-x is still #5 in February, and up from 7.9% to 8%, but the A550 squeezed K-7 out of place #10.
Not in Belgium and AFAIK not in France. It may be remaining stock only.
I'd VERY surprised to learn that Pentax stills manufactures it.
03-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P Quote
If you are going to quote me then please print the whole post and not select the part that will help your argument.
I am sorry but quoting full posts rather than the part being discussed is a strong violation of the netiquette as I learned 20 years ago. Google for netiquette.

I saw your UK quote but you didn't get my point. UK had nothing to do with it. My point was that K-x is one full class above 1000D and D3000 (in whatever country) and in one class with K-m.

The problem may be that K-m isn't on sale in the UK but certainly not that Pentax has no product within this deprecated class. If you look at sales volumes, entry-level SLRs w/o video don't sell well anyway.
03-09-2010, 05:57 PM   #109
Veteran Member

Maybe it'll be two new cameras? By the time Photokina comes around the k7 is due to be replaced anyway. It is a problem when your lower model sensor out performs your flagship.

Please correct me if I am wrong about the KX being better than the k7, i have neither and am going off hearsay.

03-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #110
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
Maybe it'll be two new cameras? By the time Photokina comes around the k7 is due to be replaced anyway. It is a problem when your lower model sensor out performs your flagship.

Please correct me if I am wrong about the KX being better than the k7, i have neither and am going off hearsay.
define better? because to some people, better means High ISO performance only. if that is not all that matters to you, then you know obviously which camera is better.
03-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #111
Veteran Member

Give me a K10/20 with nothing more than the K-x sensor and I'd be happy. Might not be a bad idea really. A high end body but leave off the video for those that don't want it and knock off a few hundred bucks. You never know, it could be a popular little niche. Or not, lol.
03-10-2010, 01:28 AM   #112
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote

No way. You can offer me K-x if you want but I won't exchange two or three K-x for my K-7.
03-10-2010, 03:52 AM   #113
Pentaxian

k7 is all round better camera, except dynamic range and high iso capability.
which is a shame.

In this regard the k7 is worse than the k20d, which is even more of a shame.

the camera everyone really wants is a kx sensor in a k7 body. that camera will outsell them all

03-10-2010, 08:03 AM   #114
Veteran Member

After the release of the 645D how many Pentax SLR will be release this year?
03-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rustynail925 Quote
i think/hope its just ''modest'' beginning

Last edited by filorp; 03-10-2010 at 09:20 AM.
03-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #116
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rustynail925 Quote
Probably one smaller, which needs less engineering. Something below K-x level, I highly doubt it, that Pentax will replace it's flagship DSLR (K-7) and one of the best selling DSLR (K-x) it has currently. Maybe at the end of 2010, maybe at Photokina they will release something, but I don't think so. They've delayed the 645D in the favor of the K-7, and so it is probably the other way around this year. But I think they will release the 645D in the US and EU markets. Anyways, as always, everything is IMHO.
03-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #117
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
k7 is all round better camera, except dynamic range and high iso capability.
which is a shame.

In this regard the k7 is worse than the k20d, which is even more of a shame.

the camera everyone really wants is a kx sensor in a k7 body. that camera will outsell them all

simple answer: buy the 645D. I dunno if people would still complain about IQ. but from what I could tell, most of them would complain how expensive the 645D is. you want something great, then you must be willing to pay a heavy price. you can't have something great for a good price. it just doesn't exist.
03-11-2010, 03:31 AM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
simple answer: buy the 645D. I dunno if people would still complain about IQ. but from what I could tell, most of them would complain how expensive the 645D is. you want something great, then you must be willing to pay a heavy price. you can't have something great for a good price. it just doesn't exist.
Well not really, the 645D is for another usage. Many people around here would say that the Samsung 14Mpx looks better at low iso than the 12Mpx Sony sensor. At the end of the day which one would be better in the same camera is down to user point of view. A lot like the old 'which film is better" days.

The fact is that Pentax is tied down with sensor availibility on the market. The company don't much choice on that matter.

Now back to whoch camera is best, they are antinomic caracteristics, if you want the best frame rate, batterie automony, autofocus etc... You'll have to make sacrifices in size and weigth. And that's without changing the size of sensor.
03-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #119
Site Supporter

I have tried both the K-7 & K-x. K-7 body rocks, autofocus speed fine (w/ 50-135mm), but IQ not so great above ISO 800. K-x body certainly not up to K-7 level (same laundry list as everyone else--top LCD, autofocus assist, WR), but available light shooting at ISO 1600-3200 certainly better with K-x's sensor. Would love to have K-7 body with K-x's sensor. New forum user--hope I followed the rules.
03-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #120
Pentaxian

645d quality inside a kx sized body would be nice

I love portability!

Cannot see myself lugging around a 645d... its a studio camera imo.