Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #196

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Only time will tell

I guess it's obvious, but all of our speculation, while interesting, is just that. We will know soon. I hope to upgrade my K10 later this year and if a new model sets above the K7, I will just have to see what it offers. I love how Pentax has upgraded so much on the camera since the K10 and feel I'll really see a significant difference in focus speed and metering. However, from what I've read, the improvements are even significant on the Kx. Although it's just specualtion, I'm watching anxiously just like all the other Pentaxians out there.

04-20-2010, 08:56 PM   #197
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Granted this kinda goes against the compactness that Pentax has been going for lately but if the k7 replacement had the battery grip built in like the top end Canikons. That way it "looks" like a "pro" camera. I know that is shallow but for a lot people cameras are mostly expensive accessories.
04-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #198
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
Granted this kinda goes against the compactness that Pentax has been going for lately but if the k7 replacement had the battery grip built in like the top end Canikons. That way it "looks" like a "pro" camera. I know that is shallow but for a lot people cameras are mostly expensive accessories.
I don't think that Pentax is going to develop a camera with a built in grip, honestly, unless they maybe came out with the full frame camera that everyone is always wanting. There's just not a need to really have a built in grip on an APS-C sized sensor camera.
04-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #199
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
I've heard no K-7 replacement this year....
We can see FF camera with high specs with body close to K-7's design concept. Higher specs than A850, with price $2500. I can't say if it's truth.. Time will anser.

04-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #200
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
We can see FF camera with high specs with body close to K-7's design concept. Higher specs than A850, with price $2500. I can't say if it's truth.. Time will anser.
You've gotta be kidding me, I just really don't see Pentax going full frame and perpetuating that rumor is really not helping anything. And at that price, I really don't see anyone buying it, unless Pentax has some kind of new marketing strategy planned to make sure it's worth even making it.
04-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #201
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
But...Only 1 new lens. + 3 OLD NEW FA LIMITED in new body.
No FF zooms...
04-20-2010, 10:12 PM   #202
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
You've gotta be kidding me, I just really don't see Pentax going full frame and perpetuating that rumor is really not helping anything. And at that price, I really don't see anyone buying it, unless Pentax has some kind of new marketing strategy planned to make sure it's worth even making it.
I don't see any problem with price. The price will be not higher 5D Mk II.

04-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #203
Veteran Member

But...Only 1 new lens. + 3 OLD NEW FA LIMITED in new body.
No FF zooms...
They would definitely never do that. There is absolutely no profit in it, that's the main point. Besides, if they really wanted to reveal a full frame camera, don't you think that they would have at least given some kind of hint for it somewhere like there has been for every other full frame camera, or even the recent Pentax K-7 which had a leaked image months before it was released?
04-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #204
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
I've said what I said...
04-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #205
Veteran Member

Don't seem too far from my prediction/hope. Although, I'd say the price will be below $2k. But I see this as anyones guess, 0% reliable as "truth".

In case of FF, at least a normal 24-70/2.8 zoom is to expect together with an 70-200, maybe just f/4. A good coverage with lenses is a must to get the development money back from a FF project imo.

Last edited by Supernaut; 04-21-2010 at 12:07 AM.
04-20-2010, 11:35 PM   #206
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
Zooms will be later. After FF realease.
04-20-2010, 11:41 PM   #207
Pentaxian

Zooms will be later. After FF realease.
That makes absolutely no sense. Even considering that we're talking about pentax.
04-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #208
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
That makes absolutely no sense. Even considering that we're talking about pentax.
If announced at the same time, it is doable, it's not like there's no Pentax FF lenses usable on the market.(yeah that's why compatibility is for).
04-20-2010, 11:44 PM   #209
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I'm really starting to think that he's just trying to get people stirred up. Has he ever been right about any of his predictions before or is he just trying to blindly lead some sheep? It's kind of messed up if that's all he's doing, especially considering he never explains where he gets his rumors from and never gives enough information on them to even make them sound credible. I mean if he's right then that's cool, but otherwise it's just getting annoying to keep having him stir people up over the full frame hopes for everyone who wants it.
04-21-2010, 12:02 AM   #210
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I'm really starting to think that he's just trying to get people stirred up. Has he ever been right about any of his predictions before or is he just trying to blindly lead some sheep? It's kind of messed up if that's all he's doing, especially considering he never explains where he gets his rumors from and never gives enough information on them to even make them sound credible. I mean if he's right then that's cool, but otherwise it's just getting annoying to keep having him stir people up over the full frame hopes for everyone who wants it.
These posts will answer that question:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/63034-samsung-gx-30-very-soon.html

(he predicted a GX-30 which never happened)

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/75228-hoya-pentax-2010...eculation.html

(he has predicted, in addition to this thread, that there will be announcements in 2010 of an 8-9fps K-7 successor, a full frame camera, five full frame lenses, AND a Micro APS camera).

In other words, he's throwing darts in the dark and hoping something sticks.