Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2010, 11:46 AM   #226
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
leica can...
Nobody knows what Pentax can do,canīt do or want to do or not.
But FF at Photokina????
Hmm.....
No new K-7 successor?
Wanna bet?

Best regards......
Andy

04-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #227
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
No any predict. it's just guess and speculations. But EVIL is in work. FF too. K-7's successor could be changed to FF camera. GX project is not dead too.
Saving $$ now XD

By the way, Ogl, I like your new Avatar picture
04-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #228
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Angevinn Quote
OGL has been right before on more than one occasion. It was rumored on more than one board that Samsung was prepping the GX-30 for launch. It just never happened. Samsung mothballed the GX line to focus on the NX line.

The most recent case where OGL was right was the D-FA WR Macro 100mm lens. There have been other cases but I don't have the time to go through old posts.
It's easy enough to be right when you make a million reasoned guesses, refuse to say whether any of them are guesses or are based on actual information, and then retrospectively point at the guesses which were (coincidentally) correct, and ignore the fact that most of your guesses never came to fruition.
04-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #229
Forum Member

I'll add my current "buying decisions" to the list in case Pentax is listening:

As far as the rumors of a mid model - K-x upgrade with focus points and top LCD - I would buy one today. I am darn close to buying a K-X regardless. If the price comes down just a little I may.

A K-7 with K-x sensor performance coupled with 1080@30fps and 720@ 60fps video would make my wallet cry. I am a video professional. If it had a 1080@30fps mode I would own a K-7.

The Canon 7D has been quite interesting to me. I just can't justify the investment in glass HOWEVER I can rent just about whatever I would want very reasonably around here.
If the 7D was closer to $1200 in price I would probably be selling off all my Pentax glass to get one - and rent lenses for a while. I'm sure the ergonomics would drive me nuts, but having rented Canons many times before for pro gigs with extreme Autofocus needs I've always been able to get work done with them.

I am still shooting my personal projects with K100D - that's how cheap I am. I'm really in need of something desirable to open my wallet back up.

If I could demo a K-X here I'd probably buy one already.

My employer wants to buy a few sub $1000 bodies too, and It's killing me that we can't rent Pentax lenses around here on short notice. I might have to use T2i at work now.

Pentax has done a very good job of keeping me loyal to the brand in anticipation of that next model. Unfortunate for both of us- I haven't bought anything since my K100D. If the K-X doesn't break that cycle I sure hope the next model does.

One of the things keeping me brand loyal is my collection of M glass. Do any of the current models support full functionality with M glass?

04-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #230
Veteran Member

I had an idea about what Pentax might be considering doing from another thread. I think it's possible that with their new K-5 camera, they might be releasing an 18-200mm WR lens to go with it, thus proving that it would also be weather resistant. I have no basis in rumor or fact for this, but I just think it would be nice if they did it.
04-26-2010, 04:57 AM   #231
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
That makes absolutely no sense. Even considering that we're talking about pentax.
Why not? A chrome only FF body, to be used with the chrome FA limiteds, priced 2500 or above, to be sold only in Japan, sound very plausible to me.

A FF black under 2000 dollars body, with FF F/2,8 body zooms, on sale worldwide, seems very un-pentax.
04-26-2010, 06:22 AM   #232
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
Why not? A chrome only FF body, to be used with the chrome FA limiteds, priced 2500 or above, to be sold only in Japan, sound very plausible to me.

A FF black under 2000 dollars body, with FF F/2,8 body zooms, on sale worldwide, seems very un-pentax.
I will take the silver one please. Now!!

04-26-2010, 10:37 AM   #233
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I had an idea about what Pentax might be considering doing from another thread. I think it's possible that with their new K-5 camera, they might be releasing an 18-200mm WR lens to go with it, thus proving that it would also be weather resistant. I have no basis in rumor or fact for this, but I just think it would be nice if they did it.
Thanks for this vital info.
04-27-2010, 12:06 AM   #234
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My local camera dealer told me the other day that they are going to start stocking Pentax gear in the very near future. Thus far they've only had the four other major makes. More importantly, he also told that there will be three new Pentax dslrs this year, one in each price class. They should be out by next autumn he said. He didn't know whether they'd be out at the same time or one by one. Good news anyways
04-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #235
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Boucicaut Quote
My local camera dealer told me the other day that they are going to start stocking Pentax gear in the very near future. Thus far they've only had the four other major makes. More importantly, he also told that there will be three new Pentax dslrs this year, one in each price class. They should be out by next autumn he said. He didn't know whether they'd be out at the same time or one by one. Good news anyways
That would be nice to see some new DSLRs. Did he by chance say WHICH price classes? There's a big difference between the $1200 class and the $2500 class.
04-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #236
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Boucicaut Quote
The three cameras may be the 645D and upgraded versions of the K-x and K-7 - a Pentax representative has hinted strongly at the latter two (and some think they will appear at Photokina in September).
04-27-2010, 01:46 PM   #237
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Thanks for this vital info.
Any time.

I find it strange that there have been absolutely no leaked photos, schematics, pages, or anything of that sort for this camera, but it should be coming out sometime fairly soon, especially when the K-7 photo was leaked months before the camera was announced on Pentax's teaser pages.
04-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #238
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well it was the same with the K-x....
04-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #239
Veteran Member

Any time.

I find it strange that there have been absolutely no leaked photos, schematics, pages, or anything of that sort for this camera, but it should be coming out sometime fairly soon, especially when the K-7 photo was leaked months before the camera was announced on Pentax's teaser pages.
maybe because there is no such camera?
04-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #240
Veteran Member

Any time.

I dunno, but it seems leaked photos come out 2-3 months prior to announcements. so maybe they'll leak some photos once the 645D comes out of the market. same thing with the k-x. they never leaked or announced the camera until the K-7 was out of the market for 2 months. since the 645D would be released in May, it's prolly around July or August Pentax would come out of a camera. I hope it's a P&S.