Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have asked the importer for Belgium and The Netherlands (Europe) when the 645D is expected to hit the shelves here. He told me that it will be on sale here from August/September.

03-13-2010, 05:44 AM   #77
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ghelary Quote
The level of support that pro users of MF are expecting is in complete different league than the level of support that mass market DSLR user are willing to accept.

Putting in place support centers, training technicians takes time and money and the ressources able to do this are most likely doing this in Japan at the moment. In addition, if early issues are found on the camera, Pentax would screw up only one maket place among three. I don't think that Pentax is considering their Japanese users as beta users, but a failure of a specific component or a firmware is not to be excluded.

So delaying introduction on specific markets is not stupid IMO.
Agreed. At the time of the post, I was under the impression Pentax was not even considering sale of the 645D outside of Japan. But in a couple of months - that's good.

I hope Pentax gets around to eventually setting up more local Pentax subsidiaries. In Australia, the people who distribute Pentax also distribute Hasselblad...
03-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #78
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I have asked the importer for Belgium and The Netherlands (Europe) when the 645D is expected to hit the shelves here. He told me that it will be on sale here from August/September.
I've heard the same for U.S.A...