Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2007, 07:52 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Fantastic, The Best Gear of 2007

Hello all,

we all know that K10D is great body and Pentax won some very important awards including TIPA. This months Photography Monthly has small and nice insert in form of small book with all product which won this years TIPA.

It looks great, specially with Pentax K10D in it as a DSLR Expert winner.

Even though it might not look very important at all believe me it is. Photography monthly is very popular magazine in UK and this might change perception of Pentax and K10D here in UK. Specially with Jessops selling Pentax K10D + kit lens for £499.

I shall scan it for you if you are interested !!!

BTW: it's aimed at normal amateur/semipro consumers as it doesnt have professional awards section there, so NO canon at all in whole publication.

07-09-2007, 10:03 AM   #2
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't have new issue of PM yet. But tomorrow on my way to work I'll get ti for sure. It's really good magazine with lot of helpfull stuff...
And I really hope it will help to change perception of Pentax, even though contributors and redactors of PM seem to me like Nikon and Cannon division sometimes. Anyway, Pentax deserves more recognition and better sales, it's great brand and I haven't regreted buying into it...

btw, Fero where are you from???
07-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
I don't have new issue of PM yet. But tomorrow on my way to work I'll get ti for sure. It's really good magazine with lot of helpfull stuff...
And I really hope it will help to change perception of Pentax, even though contributors and redactors of PM seem to me like Nikon and Cannon division sometimes. Anyway, Pentax deserves more recognition and better sales, it's great brand and I haven't regreted buying into it...

btw, Fero where are you from???
I am Slovakian working at London .

Anyway, this magazine is full of Pentax or Samsung articles (shorter but it counts anyway),
07-10-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by feronovak Quote
I am Slovakian working at London . ,
You know what, the new issue wasn't on sale yet in my area...

btw: ale co nepovies, a odkial zo SR si?? ja som z Novych Zamkov
but let's keep it in english so others understand too...

07-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #5

LOL what are the odds one slovakian meets up with another and they both live in England?
07-10-2007, 01:05 PM   #6
axl
Veteran Member

I am Slovakian working at London .
You know what, the new issue wasn't on sale yet in my area...weird,
yep, from time to time you have short articles, and lately Will Cheung wrote some nice things about K10D and K100D too, but still they are heavily pro C&N I think...
bottom line, you're right anyway, it's great mag...

07-10-2007, 02:03 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I think I've seen that over here at Barnes & Noble. Photography Monthly seems like a nice mag., bit expensive, though. How come you Brits have so many good general photo magazines? Here it's pretty much just PopPhoto.

Sorry, don't speak anything besides English and a smattering of Espanol.

07-11-2007, 03:57 AM   #8
Inactive Account

I had just seen this article the other day at Barn's and Noble and enjoyed seeing it in a world wide publication. Has anyone seen the New Pentax add? Now that is a great add. I'm really happy Pentax has gotten some very good press lately.
07-11-2007, 11:19 AM   #9
axl
Veteran Member

sorry for repeating myself previously, but my internet connection went bit funny and it showed nothing, on the forum, so I typed it again
anyway, finally got new issue of PM,have to go through soon
07-12-2007, 02:48 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barendvl Quote
LOL what are the odds one slovakian meets up with another and they both live in England?
You would be surprised Odds are quite high, not with Pentax gear though. Just N&C
07-12-2007, 02:49 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
Presov, sialeny vychod co sa tak niekedy stretnut a dat nejake to pivko pri diskusii o Pentaxe
07-13-2007, 02:09 AM   #12
axl
Veteran Member

You would be surprised Odds are quite high, not with Pentax gear though. Just N&C
Sure right, quite a few pepople from the counry are in London, not as many as Polish though not that I would mind, my girlfriend is polish

and with C&N, truth again. Lot of people are strictly going with what's "best", so when Cannon has 1D Mk... and Nikon D2... then EOS400 and D40 "clearly have to be better than K100..." sometimes I only wish I could explain them in the way they would unerstand ....
07-13-2007, 02:12 AM   #13
axl
Veteran Member

Presov, sialeny vychod
I nearly got to university in Presov, but only nearly

[/QUOTE]co sa tak niekedy stretnut a dat nejake to pivko pri diskusii o Pentaxe [/QUOTE]
can be arranged, which part of London you are in?? I'm central, really central - Westminster
07-15-2007, 05:43 AM   #14
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Matthew Roberts Quote
I think I've seen that over here at Barnes & Noble. Photography Monthly seems like a nice mag., bit expensive, though. How come you Brits have so many good general photo magazines? Here it's pretty much just PopPhoto.

Sorry, don't speak anything besides English and a smattering of Espanol.
Yes, B&N, and Borders as well, carry alot of import photo mags, but you are right they are not cheap. Some twice or more than US periodicals! But I will look for this one on the way to work this morning if I have the time. Which months issue is it, July?

...and, I only know the bad words ... en espanol.