Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
645D coming to Europe in July 2010?

I am currently living in Poland for studying purposes and I was just looking at a few Polish websites that sell Pentax equipment. One website already has the 645D listed as coming soon with an expected release date of July 2010. The Polish Pentax site even has the 645D on their site as well! The Pentax of Poland is the same group that didn't even list or announce the addition of eight new K-x colors until the beginning of March. While the rest of Europe had pretty much announced it. So my point is that if the Pentax group of Poland has announced and listed the 645D, it is going to be in Europe by summer!!!

Now here's the first website I encountered this on:
Aparat ?redniego Formatu Pentax 645D -

NOw here's Pentax of Poland's site:
.:: Pentax Polska ::.

Last edited by theperception2008; 03-21-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: spelling
03-21-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've heard - September, 2010.
03-21-2010, 10:46 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by theperception2008 Quote
I am currently living in Poland for studying purposes and I was just looking at a few Polish websites that sell Pentax equipment. One website already has the 645D listed as coming soon with an expected release date of July 2010. The Polish Pentax site even has the 645D on their site as well! The Pentax of Poland is the same group that didn't even list or announce the addition of eight new K-x colors until the beginning of March. While the rest of Europe had pretty much announced it. So my point is that if the Pentax group of Poland has announced and listed the 645D, it is going to be in Europe by summer!!!

Now here's the first website I encountered this on:
Aparat ?redniego Formatu Pentax 645D -

NOw here's Pentax of Poland's site:
.:: Pentax Polska ::.
It seems unrealistic to expect that Pentax could establish some sort of professional support system for the buyers if they are going to push the 645D into Europe this summer. Perhaps they will install some sort of call-in service on a regional basis and use a contracted repair service. Certainly if they are going to sell 645D, they need to get them out there and take advantage of the bzzz while there is one. IMHO :-) All these pronouncements about "Japan only" - so much smoke and mirrors.
03-22-2010, 02:36 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
On Lithuanian oficial pentax seller Facebook page was sad that 645D will be in europe in may.

03-22-2010, 02:40 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
It seems unrealistic to expect that Pentax could establish some sort of professional support system for the buyers if they are going to push the 645D into Europe this summer. Perhaps they will install some sort of call-in service on a regional basis and use a contracted repair service. Certainly if they are going to sell 645D, they need to get them out there and take advantage of the bzzz while there is one. IMHO :-) All these pronouncements about "Japan only" - so much smoke and mirrors.
The 645D will certainly require some training for the Pentax / outsourced technicians around. The delayed release is not just about setting up a structure but also a few months to train the technicians. Maybe they would be able to release the camera in summertime, but this wouldn't the best period to max out the buzz and have everybody on board (summer vacations) September seems very logical IMO.