Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2010, 04:07 PM   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If someone writes a review about the under/over exposure while using spot metering, the credibility of the person who claims to be knowledgeable about photography is in serious doubt. The margin of error is so great that it can be either under or over exposure depending on the focus point you meter on. Too bad, many new comers who want to learn are being misled.

04-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
KxBlaze -- the reviewer is still a "he".

Honestly, at this point, I don't think more comments will help. The point is made.

And I think getting so angry is overreacting. That site has some pretentions of being a big deal, but it's really just one of a million photography blogs.
Sorry, just thought Kim was a girls name.
04-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #93
Forum Member

hahaha

This review must be a joke?!? April fools day?

As always photography really comes down to the skill of the photographer, not necessarily the equipment he/she possesses. Don't let specs get in the way of skill.

And as always, the internet is full of misinformation and anonymous critiques. Don't let it get to you!
04-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #94
Pentaxian

Does everyone realize that the more they post comments and the more they link to the site, the greater chance that the review floats to the top of Google Search results? So while many are trying to provide a valid counterpoint to what they think is an unfair review, they are actually helping it get viewed by more people...

04-09-2010, 04:13 AM   #95
Site Supporter

I still wonder if Kim deliberately tried to screw up the settings on the kx in order to get bad photos. Why not start if in auto mode, original settings and see how the camera did on its own and then start screwing things up? At least then, you know how it works out of box. If I am playing with settings, I will often switch one thing at a time to see how they alter things. Works much better.
04-09-2010, 04:52 AM   #96
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Does everyone realize that the more they post comments and the more they link to the site, the greater chance that the review floats to the top of Google Search results? So while many are trying to provide a valid counterpoint to what they think is an unfair review, they are actually helping it get viewed by more people...
but it's such an aweful review that people should post comments to the review to get the reviewer to re-review her review whew!
04-09-2010, 04:56 AM   #97
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I still wonder if Kim deliberately tried to screw up the settings on the kx in order to get bad photos.
I don't believe that he deliberately tried to screw anything up. The camera didn't come out of the box, it came from another user or reviewer with many of the settings changed from default. Kim admitted that he did not reset the defaults, then proceeded to make some changes of his own. I believe is that If he had known to default the settings, this "review" would have turned out very differently.
04-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #98
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
as long as common sense prevails among the readers, this should not be a concern.

04-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #99
Inactive Account

Reviews are just to in-depth technically to really be any use to me. I understand them, I just don't care about low level pixel viewing or shutter noise, etc, etc. I look more at the surface of reviews.

I bought my K-x before the majority of the reviews were out. People's examples and comments from this forum and a few other places I visit helped my decission. Also going to a real store and physically handling the camera(s) was a great help as well.
04-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #100
Veteran Member

the Kx is a fine camera. Actually almost any SLR you buy nowadays is better than any SLR available 5 years ago. People like to find faults with everything.
04-10-2010, 09:30 AM   #101
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
the Kx is a fine camera. Actually almost any SLR you buy nowadays is better than any SLR available 5 years ago. People like to find faults with everything.
It's one thing to find faults. It's another to be utterly incompetent.
04-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #102
Veteran Member

Heh, he posted this blog and then says to "get on with our lives"
04-11-2010, 06:50 AM   #103
Veteran Member

Mr. Brebach has posted a comment saying that he's going to submit an update to the review soon. That update is on his own blog.

He does admit to making mistakes the first time around, which is hard to do (rather than digging in), especially when people are so upset. So that should get some credit.

Unnnfortunately, it looks like there's still some errors in thinking.

Be nice, everyone! That will, ultimately, be more productive.
04-11-2010, 08:02 AM   #104
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Mr. Brebach has posted a comment saying that he's going to submit an update to the review soon. That update is on his own blog.

He does admit to making mistakes the first time around, which is hard to do (rather than digging in), especially when people are so upset. So that should get some credit.

Unnnfortunately, it looks like there's still some errors in thinking.

Be nice, everyone! That will, ultimately, be more productive.
Hell hath no fury like the Pentaxian scorned.

I admit to losing interest in this. Bang heads with an idiot and you both wind up with headaches.
04-13-2010, 05:10 AM   #105
Veteran Member

Well, it just got interesting again. He made a new blog entry claming he is right. Every move he makes will make it even more embarrasing when he gets it.

If I were about to make a review and the response from everyone was "you are wrong, hear this.." I would listen.