Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2010, 08:25 AM   #46
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The comments are getting nasty over there, I don't think this is what they expected. But they are getting more comment replies than most articles get.

04-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
To capture all available light, you need a lens as big as the universe. But not bigger.
Or a black hole, but they probably use Firewire connectors.
04-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks like any loser can get a lot of traffic into his blog by posting a completely stupid article pretending to be a negative review of something that is in fact a very cool device with lots of fans.
If I had a blog that desperately needs more audience, I could "review" Nikon D3s or Panasonic LX3 or other popular camera in this manner.
04-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Parisian told me it's French for "What the cock?" Might be Parisian slang...
Maybe your hearing is defective. It should be "Quelle bitte"? And it would not exactly apply here. French slang doesn't necessarily apply like English slang.

Still, nice try.

04-01-2010, 09:30 AM   #50
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
Maybe your hearing is defective. It should be "Quelle bitte"? And it would not exactly apply here. French slang doesn't necessarily apply like English slang.

Still, nice try.
That's how the bastard spelled it, and told me when to use it.

Damn Frenchies.
04-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Or a black hole, but they probably use Firewire connectors.
A black hole only captures light within its event horizon. And I assure you don't want to be on the light gathering side of it
04-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
A black hole only captures light within its event horizon. And I assure you don't want to be on the light gathering side of it
But maybe, on the other side of the black hole, I am a better photographer! I'm willing to take that risk.

04-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #53

In other news...

Those interested in image quality would be happy to see this page from
DPPreview's review of the Canon 550D (Rebel T2i) in which the Pentax K-x is compared: Canon EOS 550D / Rebel T2i Review: 14. Photographic tests (Noise): Digital Photography Review

This is a perfect examply why noise tests mean so little and why I really life the output from Pentax cameras. Looking at the noise graphs and then at the image thumbnails at different ISOs, we can see that the camera with the least noise has so little details because they've been wiped by noise-reduction.

Further down on the page we can see the NR-off 'RAW' noise tests and that the K-x still comes out with the best details (they even say so in the review).

- Itai
Digital Camera Buying Guide, Photography Articles and Reviews | NeoCamera.com
04-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Itai Quote
Those interested in image quality would be happy to see this page from DPPreview's review of the Canon 550D (Rebel T2i)
They're still on the Canon bandwagon:
"the EOS 550D is a very satisfying camera, and certainly offers the most compelling feature set of any nominally 'entry level' DSLR that we've used."
04-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #55
Zav
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote

Still, nice try.
Allow me to correct you there, it would be "quelle bite!".
04-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #56
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
I do feel obligated to mention that most status displays inside viewfinders of cameras I've used (k20D, 40D, E-330) weren't particularly easy to read with bright light coming through the finder either.
My Sony A200, and A700, have always had perfect viewfinder displays. Even shooting directly into the sun!!
04-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #57
Veteran Member

The displays and features can be matters of opinion, but one should know what one is doing before posting images. The reviewer was using spot metering. Unless you've done some work with the Zone System, that's pretty dangerous territory. If he is using spot metering, then he should be using the AE-Lock. All this without reading the manual. How would he even know where the spot is? The odds of a less than serious photographer pulling a new camera out of the box and effectively using these techniques are pretty low.
04-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
.Damn Frenchies.
I hope that's not what you think of me!!!
04-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
Allow me to correct you there, it would be "quelle bite!".

Well, those French Canadians can't win'em all!

edit: Just checked the Larousse dictionary. It's "bitte". So French Canadians might be better at spelling than people from the Réunion Island. No malice intended here.

Last edited by flyer; 04-01-2010 at 03:49 PM.
04-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #60
Forum Member

I find it very funny how this review contrasts so much to a the Huffington Post review from a person who got a quick lesson from a camera store on how to shoot without flash. Can someone request the blogger to upload the actual photos that he used in the review? The EXIF's should show the truth.