Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
So where's the fish?

In Roman times (or maybe later), on 1 April was traditional to slip a fish into somebody's pocket. Like you see me walking down the street, and we stop to chat, and you walk away, and then I notice that there's a mackerel in my pocket.

I WANT MY FISH!
In a way, that's still a tradition here in Quebec. In fact, the holiday here is called "Poisson D'Avril" (April Fish). As a kid, I frequently had a paper fish taped to my back without being aware of it. It's a common prank here on April 1st.

<checks his back>

...aww crap, not again...

04-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #17
Banned

all of you are foolish waiting on a pentax FF. they aren't even a professional camera company. what you need is a Nikon D3x. its the best SLR on the market, and if you want to be a pro you really have to have one. I know is the best because when I went to best buy to have the knowledgeable and friendly staff teach me how to use my D40, I got to hold one. best camera ever. pentax is for little kids who like rainbows and unicorns. not for real, professional photogs.
04-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #18
Veteran Member

fishjacking!

Should OP be Little Faker?

But I digress.

Now, for a classic:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTpUVAcvWfU[/YT]
04-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
all of you are foolish waiting on a pentax FF. they aren't even a professional camera company. what you need is a Nikon D3x. its the best SLR on the market, and if you want to be a pro you really have to have one. I know is the best because when I went to best buy to have the knowledgeable and friendly staff teach me how to use my D40, I got to hold one. best camera ever. pentax is for little kids who like rainbows and unicorns. not for real, professional photogs.
I eat unicorns and piss rainbows.

I shoot PENTAX.

no one takes me seriously, anyway

04-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #20
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
100% 0.7x
HD
more than 20 MP
more than 5 fps
the smallest FF DSLR
WR
DA mode
SAFOX IX+
K-7's battery
...plus electronic perspective control...
04-02-2010, 12:16 AM   #21
Veteran Member

fool me once, shame on me...
04-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #22
Veteran Member

You fools! Pentax will send its NDA ninjas to silence you all...

WITH KETCHUP!!!!!!
04-02-2010, 05:47 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Isn't this the point where we resurrect the 1 pixel sensor using raster scan processing?

04-02-2010, 09:52 AM   #24
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
So where's the fish?

In Roman times (or maybe later), on 1 April was traditional to slip a fish into somebody's pocket. Like you see me walking down the street, and we stop to chat, and you walk away, and then I notice that there's a mackerel in my pocket.

I WANT MY FISH!
Interesting - do you suppose the term, "sounds fishy", derives from that tradition?

Jer
04-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #25

Haha, this thread reminds me of that person, I forget who it was, who lied to a Canon (or Nikon) full frame x2 guy about his Pentax K-7 being this new amazing full framer with a "nuclear battery" that never dies or something haha.

I NEED to find that thread now, it was hilarious!
04-08-2010, 11:02 PM   #26
Veteran Member

HA HA HA.

That was hilarious.
I, too, have read 'bout the K-7 guy talking big in front of Canon & Nikon. It was funny too.