Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Battery grip for K-X?

Anyone thinks there will be a Battery grip for the K-X any time soon?

04-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NecroticSoldier Quote
Damn, were you reading my mind? I just did a Google search for "K-x battery grip" no more than 2 minutes ago!

I'd buy a battery grip in a minute.
04-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
Damn, were you reading my mind? I just did a Google search for "K-x battery grip" no more than 2 minutes ago!

I'd buy a battery grip in a minute.
LOL me too man, strange... I have been reading people's minds all day. Not sure if they would though... because it's a pretty small camera... I HOPE THOUGH!
04-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I wish there was...I would definitely buy one.

04-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by timstone Quote
I wish there was...I would definitely buy one.
Even... if it was black??? and not white?
04-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Even... if it was black??? and not white?

A little contrast is good Plus I have 2 black lenses...1 white
04-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Don't hold your breath. There's no connection on the camera for an external grip (so the grip couldn't do more than provide power - no portrait-mode buttons or dials), and AFAIK the battery compartment door can't be removed, which limits the options for using a dummy battery to pass power through from a grip.

04-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I guess some one who was really ingenous could use a remote controlled button in such a grip, but it still wouldn't give you a dial or any other buttons.
04-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #9

I have a third party grip for my *istDS, and since *istDS doesn't have connection to battery grip, this third party grip connects to the body by using the cable release plug. The side door where the plug is, is covered as part of the grip so it's safe and actually quite cool. (Note that this grip is not a battery grip, it holds no extra batteries, but it gives you portrait-mode shutter button and vertical grip)

I thought that similar grip could be made for Pentax K-x, but then I found out K-x has no cable release plug! Bummer!
04-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
Don't hold your breath. There's no connection on the camera for an external grip (so the grip couldn't do more than provide power - no portrait-mode buttons or dials), and AFAIK the battery compartment door can't be removed, which limits the options for using a dummy battery to pass power through from a grip.
Forgot about that... ;((( (sigh) the design was never meant to be... I guess. Thanks for reminding me.... but hey! at least it's not that hard to change 4 AAs.
04-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Funny thing is, I'm much less concerned about the "battery" part of the grip as about the size. The K-x is so small.
04-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
Funny thing is, I'm much less concerned about the "battery" part of the grip as about the size. The K-x is so small.
Definitely, my hands need more room!
04-05-2010, 08:35 AM   #13
clarkebd

I agree...I would LOVE a grip - mainly to make the camera easier to hold as it's too small for my hands.

But I love the camera and don't want a different one, thus the purchase still.
04-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #14
Veteran Member

lol guys, welcome to the product design taking into account market segmentation... generally speaking the target market for K-x would not use a battery grip plus if one wants to upgrade the next step is the K7 and more $$.

I fully agree that the above raises the question about the different sensor capabilities of K-x and K7 but that has been covered in so many posts until now...
04-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #15
Inactive Account

KX grip gripe!

I have to say, this is keeping me from buying this camera. All the great reviews and it just lacks some of the things that I fell in love w/ on my K200D. The grip on the K200D makes it a beast! Also, the size of the KX seems way 2 small for me. I guess I'll keep saving up until I can get my hands on a K7.