Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2010, 01:06 AM   #31
Veteran Member
jct us101's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 3,695
I'm sorry but I don't see a reason that I should reply to any of this. If I do it's just going to end badly for me. Have a nice day.

04-10-2010, 01:35 AM   #32
Igilligan
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
I am not talking about this at the private message level... Way too much has been happening in secret around here lately... You and some others with permanent Bans are being quietly reinstated.

You said in the PM that you were unfairly banned... I disagree. I fully remember your negative posting history.

But that has nothing to do with you or any other person affiliated with either of Adam's forums winning this contest. You and the others should not even be participating IMHO...

Honestly how is it going to look if the guy who helped Adam put together his new forum, somehow has his Permanent Ban lifted and then wins a new camera in a "random" contest... Surely even you can see the conflict of interest!

I don't care how bad you need the camera. It would just be wrong.

And you say in the PM to me that your 'Ban' will continue it's 40 day run after the contest is over? WTF... please explain that!

Cody, I do not know how you managed to get your Permanent Ban lifted, but you being allow back on this forum is indicative of how far this forum has drifted.

Again just my 2 cents....
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I'm sorry but I don't see a reason that I should reply to any of this. If I do it's just going to end badly for me. Have a nice day.
That's a good one Cody... Apparently nothing you do will end up badly for you here in this forum... you are in with the 'in-crowd' my brother, fear not!
If this ends badly for anyone it will probably be me.
So don't be afraid... Speak the truth. The truth can not harm you, this is America.

Or go post another 99 posts of fake platitudes trying to win the camera... either way, I said my piece, peace
04-10-2010, 07:18 AM   #33
Pentaxian
johnmflores's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somerville, NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,081
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Cody, You are affiliated / working with Adam in his new forum. There is no way you should be seen winning this contest in this forum, especially since you were permanently banned from here not long ago, and reinstated after your work with Adam in the new forum.

It certainly would smell of a fix if somehow after all of that, you ended up winning one of the cameras. You should just stop your hundred posts a day tirade you are on.

Friends, Family, moderators and those closely affiliated with the Canikon forum probably should be exempt to keep this above board.

Just my 2cents, which as always is worth 2 cents.
I know little of the history to which you speak of, but I will say that it is standard practice in sweepstakes and competitions to exclude people that are somehow associated with the company holding the sweepstakes from participating. We've all seen fine print like this...

"Employees of Oprah & Friends, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Harpo, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotions agencies, affiliated companies, sponsors, vendors and the immediate family members of and members of the households of such employees are not eligible to win."
04-10-2010, 08:38 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,909
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Cody, You are affiliated / working with Adam in his new forum. There is no way you should be seen winning this contest in this forum, especially since you were permanently banned from here not long ago, and reinstated after your work with Adam in the new forum.
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
I am not talking about this at the private message level... Way too much has been happening in secret around here lately... You and some others with permanent Bans are being quietly reinstated.

You said in the PM that you were unfairly banned... I disagree. I fully remember your negative posting history.

But that has nothing to do with you or any other person affiliated with either of Adam's forums winning this contest. You and the others should not even be participating IMHO...

Honestly how is it going to look if the guy who helped Adam put together his new forum, somehow has his Permanent Ban lifted and then wins a new camera in a "random" contest... Surely even you can see the conflict of interest!

I don't care how bad you need the camera. It would just be wrong.

And you say in the PM to me that your 'Ban' will continue it's 40 day run after the contest is over? WTF... please explain that!

Cody, I do not know how you managed to get your Permanent Ban lifted, but you being allow back on this forum is indicative of how far this forum has drifted.

Again just my 2 cents....
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
That's a good one Cody... Apparently nothing you do will end up badly for you here in this forum... you are in with the 'in-crowd' my brother, fear not!
If this ends badly for anyone it will probably be me.
So don't be afraid... Speak the truth. The truth can not harm you, this is America.

Or go post another 99 posts of fake platitudes trying to win the camera... either way, I said my piece, peace
Gus: Don't Feed Him!

Blood Pressure +
  • Profile
  • User Lists
  • Ignore User
Blood Pressure -

There have been one or two posters here whose posts have made the Forum experience unpleasant. Normally I can just ignore a thread or two - but when every thread has an annoyingly emotive or just plain wrong reply the entire Forum becomes annoying.

I literally said out loud, "Oh God Damn it," last night when I saw one of Cody's replies for the first time in a while.

I may be forced to stop coming here. Especially when we are FORCED to read his replies as quotes in other people's replies.

Just stop feeding him.


Last edited by monochrome; 04-10-2010 at 08:44 AM.
04-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #35
Veteran Member
rormeister's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 626
Does anyone see the irony here?

jct us101 = Pentaxian

yet the signature states proudly

Canon and a Nikon, what else is there?

Perhaps Mr Adam needs to add a Canonikonian status too
04-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #36
Pentaxian
Arpe's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,335
Good on Adam and crew for promoting this comp. It's bloody terrific how Pentax USA have come on board with fanbloodytastic prizes. It's just a shame that spamming is the way to win.
04-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #37
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,783
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Cody, You are affiliated / working with Adam in his new forum. There is no way you should be seen winning this contest in this forum, especially since you were permanently banned from here not long ago, and reinstated after your work with Adam in the new forum.
If this is any truth in this, something is very wrong.

Clarification please?
04-11-2010, 11:10 PM   #38
Veteran Member
jct us101's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 3,695
I was going to send you a private message, but it seems that we're not allowed to do that anymore. *sigh*

I'm only a moderator on Adam's new forum, so I'm not really sure what the difference is. Besides that is also an entirely different website.

The ban thing...let's not get into that. Someone made some mistakes and they were corrected. Can we leave it at that?

04-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #39
Igilligan
Guest




Cody ~ riddle me this

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I was going to send you a private message, but it seems that we're not allowed to do that anymore. *sigh*

I'm only a moderator on Adam's new forum, so I'm not really sure what the difference is. Besides that is also an entirely different website.

The ban thing...let's not get into that. Someone made some mistakes and they were corrected. Can we leave it at that?
Hey Cody, I don't know why you want to drop the ban thing... since each of your answers only count for your total posts for the camera.
And this is much more interesting than all of your other 'fake sentiment' posts you are putting up every other minute or so.


Please correct any misinformation... there are just a lot of rumors out here in the old Pentax forums.

So I was under the impression that you worked with / helped Adam in some way putting together the new forum and then were made a moderator.
If that is not true, please specify what exactly you have done for the new forum.

I also was under the impression that you had a permanent ban here on Pentax Forums... and that ban somehow was lifted after you had worked with Adam on the other forum.

Now in the PM you sent me you stated

"My ban will continue it's 40 day run after the contest is over. Adam felt that it wouldn't be fair to hold a contest that I couldn't participate in when my original ban was also not fair. Or at least I think that's what he thought."

So, your permanent ban has been suspended long enough for you to participate in this contest and then the ban starts again to continue some 40 day run? It all seems very confusing...

Feels kind of like letting Charles Manson out of prison just long enough to go on 'Wheel of Fortune' so he could win an Amana side-by-side refrigerator and a trip to Paris.


Cody, Adam and anyone else who cares at all... I am sorry, It just don't look good.

I think it is a shame that the "Contest" seems only to have been designed to increase post counts. And to reward someone who has nothing better to do than post fake messages for this very short period of time.
Would it not have been better to have just waited until the 1 million and 1,000,001 posts were made and then award them the Pentax cameras... No advance knowledge of the intention. No fake post count sillyness, just awarding two active members of the forums for their "real" participation.

And honestly Cody, if you did help Adam with the formation of the other forum, he should give you a camera outside of this contest, and let the winners of these two cameras and the lens go to real members of this the 'Pentax' forum.

Again just my 2 cents... and that now makes 6 sense that I have posted in this thread.
04-12-2010, 12:58 AM   #40
Veteran Member
tokyoso's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tokyo
Photos: Albums
Posts: 723
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Hey Cody, I don't know why you want to drop the ban thing... since each of your answers only count for your total posts for the camera.
And this is much more interesting than all of your other 'fake sentiment' posts you are putting up every other minute or so.


Please correct any misinformation... there are just a lot of rumors out here in the old Pentax forums.

So I was under the impression that you worked with / helped Adam in some way putting together the new forum and then were made a moderator.
If that is not true, please specify what exactly you have done for the new forum.

I also was under the impression that you had a permanent ban here on Pentax Forums... and that ban somehow was lifted after you had worked with Adam on the other forum.

Now in the PM you sent me you stated

"My ban will continue it's 40 day run after the contest is over. Adam felt that it wouldn't be fair to hold a contest that I couldn't participate in when my original ban was also not fair. Or at least I think that's what he thought."

So, your permanent ban has been suspended long enough for you to participate in this contest and then the ban starts again to continue some 40 day run? It all seems very confusing...

Feels kind of like letting Charles Manson out of prison just long enough to go on 'Wheel of Fortune' so he could win an Amana side-by-side refrigerator and a trip to Paris.


Cody, Adam and anyone else who cares at all... I am sorry, It just don't look good.

I think it is a shame that the "Contest" seems only to have been designed to increase post counts. And to reward someone who has nothing better to do than post fake messages for this very short period of time.
Would it not have been better to have just waited until the 1 million and 1,000,001 posts were made and then award them the Pentax cameras... No advance knowledge of the intention. No fake post count sillyness, just awarding two active members of the forums for their "real" participation.

And honestly Cody, if you did help Adam with the formation of the other forum, he should give you a camera outside of this contest, and let the winners of these two cameras and the lens go to real members of this the 'Pentax' forum.

Again just my 2 cents... and that now makes 6 sense that I have posted in this thread.
that's quite interesting. how can someone be "banned" from a forum? something to do with hacking it?
04-12-2010, 01:02 AM   #41
Veteran Member
jct us101's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 3,695
You've been misinformed unfortunately, and whether or not you want to read what I have to say or just continue to be blind to it is up to you, it's really not any dirt off of my shoulder. (and I'm kind of hoping that this thread can just be locked now, it doesn't really serve much of a purpose other than a possible flame war)

First off, the original ban was pernament. The permanent ban was made by a moderator however, or at least a team of moderators, and it wasn't originally even supposed to be a question whether or not I should be banned, it was turned into that by a mutual dislike of me (this happened to some other people too). This is what I think happened, to be clear, I have no real information on what really did happen (no access to the mod forum). Adam decided to get rid of that ban because I had never had a ban before, and someone like Ricehigh was only given a month one when he was banned (and he did a lot worse than I did). The reason I wasn't directly unbanned however like wallyb was, was because I had a ton of infractions, most of which I suppose I deserved but whatever.

The Canikon stuff didn't even happen until after all of this had been determined. What I did at Canikon was help Adam with the forum's boards as he was not entirely familiar with the brands. That's literally all I did to help though, nothing else. And I did it just as a nice gesture to him for getting rid of the ban, to which he decided to make me a moderator over there since I knew so much about Canon and Nikon.

Then this contest came about, and I suppose he didn't feel that it was fair to have my ban be up literally a day or two after it was over, so he decided to temporarily suspend it so that I could partake in this contest. After it's over I was told I'll finish out the rest of it.

So no matter whos side you're going to want to take in this or who you're going to want to be mad at, it really doesn't matter that much, does it? I have as much of a right to win this camera as anyone else on this forum.

I know that I've already said too much, so I'm not going to respond to you to clarify anything unless you send me a PM. This is the last thing I'm saying about this subject in the open. Have a nice day.
04-12-2010, 01:03 AM   #42
Veteran Member
jct us101's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 3,695
QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoso Quote
that's quite interesting. how can someone be "banned" from a forum? something to do with hacking it?
The ban was for some incidents between me and some other members and moderators, that's why it was deemed that a permanent ban wasn't really fair to me.
04-12-2010, 01:29 AM   #43
Igilligan
Guest




Cody, Jct us101 had "a ton of infractions"because you were never a positive member of this forum on any level IMO. You bad mouthed people and moderators and were contentious most of the time, without ever really contributing anything positive to Pentax Forums.

The fact that you worked with Adam on the other forum and he apparently... according to you, has let you back on here so you have a shot at winning the camera, while ignoring how badly you treated and talked to people on this forum in the past is not good my friend. I know there are a lot of new members, but some of us were involved and remember you all too well.

This is claimed to be the "friendliest" forum... Yet you were as far from that as anyone I have seen on this forum. That is why seeing you post again and again
this fake 'nice' talk now while you attempt to win a camera that should go to a real Pentax Forum member... well it makes me gag a little.


Cody, I honestly believe you should be compensated with a camera from Canikon Forum for whatever help you have given Adam in that forum. But no way should it come from this forum.

that is 8 cents... want to shoot for a dime

Last edited by Igilligan; 04-12-2010 at 01:52 AM.
04-12-2010, 01:40 AM   #44
Veteran Member
jct us101's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 3,695
You seem to always put the blame off on me entirely. It was never a one way street. That's all I'm going to say, and there's your dime. Sorry though, I'm broke.
04-12-2010, 01:56 AM   #45
Igilligan
Guest




10 cents

Jct us101 - I do not believe you have read anything I have written.

Do emoticons help?
Closed Thread

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Announcing the PentaxForums Million-Post Giveaway Adam General Talk 1243 04-26-2010 01:46 PM
Amazon Giveaway not Pentax, but Canon but $18K worth can buy lots of Pentax Gear brecklundin Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 14 04-24-2010 05:40 PM
Nature Bird's the Word PeteyJ Post Your Photos! 3 10-04-2009 06:10 PM
News Special Giveaway: 16Gb SD card for 500,000-post milestone! Adam Site Suggestions and Help 273 02-27-2009 05:59 PM
How do you spell this word? J.Scott General Talk 60 02-09-2008 12:13 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:34 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top