Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2010, 11:18 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by patrickw Quote
Two years from now when people search the forum for info, there'll always be this weird glut of posts popping up this month. They'll think, "Why were there so many threads on such-and-such in April of 2010? They couldn't shut up about it!"
It's not our fault that we love our Pentax cameras so much!

Interestingly enough though I've found it's much easier than I thought it would be to make about a hundred or so posts a day that would be considered meaningful. Then again I just talk a lot too.

04-08-2010, 11:37 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's probably too late, but I recommend the contest be based on word count, not posts. That way people who write long thoughtful posts won't be penalized for spending so much time on a single post!
04-08-2010, 11:42 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes since this constest started, there has been heaps more posting going on! Myself included lol.
I guess lots of people are trying to win!
04-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
It's probably too late, but I recommend the contest be based on word count, not posts. That way people who write long thoughtful posts won't be penalized for spending so much time on a single post!
Sometimes you don't need a lot of words to convey a meaningful post though. What about when welcoming a member to the forum or posting comments on people's photos?

04-08-2010, 11:51 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Sometimes you don't need a lot of words to convey a meaningful post though. What about when welcoming a member to the forum or posting comments on people's photos?
To paraphrase Mark Twain, I didn't have time to write you a short letter, so I wrote you a long one instead.
04-09-2010, 12:00 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Its going to be a long process for admin if they have to look at every post by all members who have entered the contest!
Good luck!
04-09-2010, 07:58 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excuse my ignorance but who is Wendy B. and what did she do to create such a response?

04-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote

This is a great idea.

04-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BCtoad Quote
Excuse my ignorance but who is Wendy B. and what did she do to create such a response?
I vaguely remember who she is, but not well enough to give you an answer. I'm sure a few of the older members can help you figure it out. It's basically just a forum in joke though.
04-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
This give away business has filled this forum with... hot air or, maybe something worse. People posting just to post. Maybe it would be better if humans talked mainly when they had something to say?
To some extent you have hit the nail on the head Rondec. It is a bit of a sad thing to see so many names, that hardly ever appear, making comments that are rather repeatative, or of little value to the OP, or others, anyway.

But not to worry, with the prizes that are offered you can't blame anybody for having a go, that is for sure.
So long as posts do contain something worthwhile.
04-09-2010, 07:30 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wendy B was a forum member who probably had some kind of disorder. She generally claimed inside information on Pentax's activities, but would also give detailed personal accounts that were of uncertain validity. Someone (a relative?) posted that she had bipolar disorder and had killed herself. Pretty sad really (although at the time, her posts were quite interesting).
04-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #27
Igilligan

jct us101 -- IMO you should stop trying to win the camera

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote

Cody, You are affiliated / working with Adam in his new forum. There is no way you should be seen winning this contest in this forum, especially since you were permanently banned from here not long ago, and reinstated after your work with Adam in the new forum.

It certainly would smell of a fix if somehow after all of that, you ended up winning one of the cameras. You should just stop your hundred posts a day tirade you are on.

Friends, Family, moderators and those closely affiliated with the Canikon forum probably should be exempt to keep this above board.

Just my 2cents, which as always is worth 2 cents.
04-10-2010, 12:00 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Cody, You are affiliated / working with Adam in his new forum. There is no way you should be seen winning this contest in this forum, especially since you were permanently banned from here not long ago, and reinstated after your work with Adam in the new forum.

It certainly would smell of a fix if somehow after all of that, you ended up winning one of the cameras. You should just stop your hundred posts a day tirade you are on.

Friends, Family, moderators and those closely affiliated with the Canikon forum probably should be exempt to keep this above board.

Just my 2cents, which as always is worth 2 cents.
I'm going to send you a PM about this, hang on a few minutes.
04-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #29
Veteran Member

I don't have a chance in hell!
Anyone that's like me and trys..........
Never mind!
04-10-2010, 01:03 AM   #30
Igilligan

Cody I am not going to talk about this at the Private level

I am not talking about this at the private message level... Way too much has been happening in secret around here lately... You and some others with permanent Bans are being quietly reinstated.

You said in the PM that you were unfairly banned... I disagree. I fully remember your negative posting history.

But that has nothing to do with you or any other person affiliated with either of Adam's forums winning this contest. You and the others should not even be participating IMHO...

Honestly how is it going to look if the guy who helped Adam put together his new forum, somehow has his Permanent Ban lifted and then wins a new camera in a "random" contest... Surely even you can see the conflict of interest!

I don't care how bad you need the camera. It would just be wrong.

And you say in the PM to me that your 'Ban' will continue it's 40 day run after the contest is over? WTF... please explain that!

Cody, I do not know how you managed to get your Permanent Ban lifted, but you being allow back on this forum is indicative of how far this forum has drifted.

Again just my 2 cents....
Closed Thread