Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2007, 08:45 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tcom Quote
That is really frustrating. I ordered the 16-50 beginning of the year, when it was announced to be available around march/april.

Now it will be released exactly on the day I am leaving for holiday to South Africa, where I would have liked to use this lens...
I'm sure that Pentax has once again missed the boat for the summer holidays peak season time slot! :-(

For the same reason, I bought something else and I shall go to Hawaii in next week.

07-20-2007, 09:24 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
I'm sure that Pentax has once again missed the boat for the summer holidays peak season time slot! :-(

For the same reason, I bought something else and I shall go to Hawaii in next week.
Why not take a trip to chicago and come stop by my town which is less than an hour away?

We can have a day out in the marshes and fun at all the parks and arboretums!
07-20-2007, 11:00 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Why not take a trip to chicago and come stop by my town which is less than an hour away?

We can have a day out in the marshes and fun at all the parks and arboretums!
I have thought of going to the San Francisco but unable to make the arrangement owing to some limitations.

BTW, Chicago has all that places for nature? My impression is that it is an urban area.. Any photos for sharing? :-)
07-21-2007, 04:12 AM   #19

They did that on purpose so that you would buy another brand and it worked. Maybe you should start a Pentax Haters Club since that is the only reason you are here to promote your useless blog.

07-21-2007, 06:34 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have thought of going to the San Francisco but unable to make the arrangement owing to some limitations.

BTW, Chicago has all that places for nature? My impression is that it is an urban area.. Any photos for sharing? :-)
Just check out my flickr account Ricehigh for a lot of wildlife and nature shots all taken about 45 minutes from Chicago. Basically Chicago is surrounded by parks, lakes, forests, etc. and my town of Rockford has 3 arboretums, 4 state parks, 3 rivers and 4 lakes. It's actually a very exciting vacation because Chicago would be like your Hong Kong, but not as cool IMO, with all the architecture, culture and entertainment. Then all the surrounding areas that are much more suburban and everything in between is all trees or farmland so you can see quite a lot of just drastically different sites all in a decent sized radius.

You let me know Ricehigh and I'll set something up as I'm always available to go out and photograph pretty much anything and everything especially with a guest so work that out with the family or come on your own for a personal vacation from the family, we all need one of those.

BTW click here for my flickr account.
07-21-2007, 07:01 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Codiac, thanks a lot for your kind offer and if I'm going to Chicago next time (this time I think my schedule is too tight and can only stay at the Hawaii for just one week), I will remember your kind offer and will drop you a message.

I have taken a visit to your gallery and the nature/macro photos you made are just great!

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Just check out my flickr account Ricehigh for a lot of wildlife and nature shots all taken about 45 minutes from Chicago. Basically Chicago is surrounded by parks, lakes, forests, etc. and my town of Rockford has 3 arboretums, 4 state parks, 3 rivers and 4 lakes. It's actually a very exciting vacation because Chicago would be like your Hong Kong, but not as cool IMO, with all the architecture, culture and entertainment. Then all the surrounding areas that are much more suburban and everything in between is all trees or farmland so you can see quite a lot of just drastically different sites all in a decent sized radius.

You let me know Ricehigh and I'll set something up as I'm always available to go out and photograph pretty much anything and everything especially with a guest so work that out with the family or come on your own for a personal vacation from the family, we all need one of those.

BTW click here for my flickr account.
07-21-2007, 07:05 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by equinox Quote
They did that on purpose so that you would buy another brand and it worked. Maybe you should start a Pentax Haters Club since that is the only reason you are here to promote your useless blog.
But they failed completely again just because I have not switched but keep all of my Pentax gear. So, the case is even worse than before, as I can always compare! Ha Ha..
07-21-2007, 10:28 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Codiac, thanks a lot for your kind offer and if I'm going to Chicago next time (this time I think my schedule is too tight and can only stay at the Hawaii for just one week), I will remember your kind offer and will drop you a message.

I have taken a visit to your gallery and the nature/macro photos you made are just great!
Hey no problem RH and you can call me Chris if you'd like as codiac always sounds funny to me as I'm not much of a bear.

Definitely let me know if you're ever in the area and my one gripe with Canon and the biggest reason I went K10D over 5D was that Canon has no macro lens with IS which is a huge pain because I need the freedom of hand held macro work to get the shot just right without making a big fuss with tripod setup. Ugh, one day Canon will make one and I'll be out renting cameras again and testing away and see which one wins because IMO the image itself matters more than the quality of it.

I'm glad you took a gander and if you can schedule a trip during the June/July months next year you'd be amazed at the amount of activity in these parts and the surrounding area. Oh and I have all the hookups at the local pubs and nightclubs in the area since I do most of their photography so entertainment is pretty well covered.