Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-x and Pentax 17-70mm shoot two-page spread

Popular Photography's May edition has, on pp. 8-9, Technical Editor Philip Ryan's close-up photo of a statuette in a shop window. (I saw the photo after I posted an item in this thread about his review of the K-x, which is many pages away from the two-page photo.)

Before I read the caption, I was not impressed, due to what appeared to be shallowness of focus. But the image was made at 1,000 sec, f4, ISO 800. (There's no information on whether the camera was handheld, on a tripod or monopod, or braced in some other way.)

There's more in the magazine to interest current and prospective Pentax-users.

Please see my upcoming post about use of Pentax 67H and 55 mm lens for some of an article about photography from a small boat in Alaska.

And, as mentioned in a previous post, the magazine also has a Pentax lens review.

Mod note (Nass) edited title for you

Last edited by Nass; 04-11-2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: To point out error in post's headline re lens size, fix typo in first sentence.
04-11-2010, 05:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Isn't this the fourth new thread on the same issue of a commercial magazine? I sure hope it's not part of a new marketing ploy on the part of Pop Photography.
04-11-2010, 05:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Isn't this the fourth new thread on the same issue of a commercial magazine? I sure hope it's not part of a new marketing ploy on the part of Pop Photography.
...or is it "part" of the new marketing ploy by PentaxForums.com to give away free cameras to folks who post a lot?
04-11-2010, 08:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Erik Quote
...or is it "part" of the new marketing ploy by PentaxForums.com to give away free cameras to folks who post a lot?
That's "Sir Post-a-lot", to you, sir!

04-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote
... the image was made at 1,000 sec, f4, ISO 800. (There's no information on whether the camera was handheld, on a tripod or monopod, or braced in some other way.)
at 1/1,000 sec, does it matter whether it was handheld or not? Even without shake reduction, the film version of the KXóof which I'm a proud ownerówould be fine from 1/125 sec and above.