Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2010, 02:00 AM   #316

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I was half-joking there I would be horrible if Pentax went for this for their SLRs, but I mean it wouldn't hurt for their Optio's.

I guess this is a reply to my previous post; now I understand and I agree: personally speaking, I am happy to accept the bulk of a dSLR as the price for an excellent optical viewfinder. But I understand that the sign of the times goes in the direction of mirrorless, and I hope that my favourite brand in photography does catch this train, while keeping a line of traditional dSLR for the people who prefer them.

05-21-2010, 02:03 AM   #317
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
I am just pointing out to you that your narrow definition of an EVF [...]
I didn't argue with you. I only asked you a favour. Because IMHO you're confusing everybody else here.

If you want to argue about this, do it on the Wikipedia platform.
05-22-2010, 11:32 PM   #318
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dnas Quote
Whether or not a Pentax 35mm film SLR is better than a Pentax DSLR, is irrelevant because it does not exist for you to buy.

Nikon make a film SLR. One SLR. The Nikon F6 SLR. But Nikon have listed on their website, NINE Digital SLRs. Why? Because only Pros buy the F6.
It is irrelevant to Nikon as to whether the F6 is superior to all of their DSLRs, because they can't afford to neglect DSLRs that consumers will buy.
Actually, I'm always amazed by the number of people in tokyo that still exclusively use pentax auto focus film SLRs. They're mom 'n' pops consumers, not "pros". They may have bought that camera less than a decade ago and never felt the need to upgrade except for an occasional new prime.

Although I really agree with you that personally I find DSLRs more sexy.
05-23-2010, 01:02 AM   #319
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
6 months to wait and see what Pentax has to offer after the 645D.

small and portable mirrorless EV FF dslr? oh my !

05-23-2010, 02:17 AM   #320

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
But there is a law of diminishing returns and the cost/benefit ratio of the new technology may not scale low enough to overcome the advantages of an older technology. I remember this same argument used when digital watches with LED's then LCD's came out. Would you rather wear a Timex or Tag-Heuer right now?
I don't know how the watches you have in your mind look but assuming we'd talk about classic analogue mechanical watches against whatever state of the art in electronic ones there's no doubt the electronic one offer more functionallity and correctness (just make it radio controlled .. ) for less money.

The reason to get another one would be appreciation of the fine workmanship / feel / advanced mechanics / .. But it's definitly outperformed.

The iPhone outperforms them , it even shows weather! ;D
05-23-2010, 07:15 AM   #321
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoso Quote
Actually, I'm always amazed by the number of people in tokyo that still exclusively use pentax auto focus film SLRs. They're mom 'n' pops consumers, not "pros". They may have bought that camera less than a decade ago and never felt the need to upgrade except for an occasional new prime.

And, you take a day and go hiking at Takao-san (mountain), and you will see many many enthusiasts shooting with 645's. If you spend a few minutes talking to them, many will tell you that they have absolutely no desire to move on to digital.