Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Simian Summit Quote
I agree, I see the same thing in southern Ontario. At Henry's, the photographic mainstay, you can get most of what you want, same at Bell'Arte the more convenient store to where I work. I even popped into Futureshop today to pick up a point-and-shoot for my wife (Canon) and they had the K-X and a couple of Optio models.
I know very well Henry , I visited their shop in Kingston but look at their price. On everything they are 20-30% more expensive than anybody else. Same thing for Best buy, they never do sales on Pentax. Their K-X is $699

04-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Winnipeg. . .

Here in Winnipeg we have Black's, Henry's, London Drugs, Don's Photo and Future Shop carrying Pentax. Henry's and London Drugs seem to have the best stock.
04-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
In tiny Fredericton N.B., Black's carries Pentax, and my fave, Harvey's Studios, carries a full line of Pentax bodies, always, and a lot of Pentax or Sigma lenses.

Harvey's (a Foto Source store) is staffed with local photographers who really know their stuff. They have saved me plenty of money with their advice, and free cleaning of sensors for regular customers. It's true that they are more expensive than buying online, but that's what you pay to have those kind of experts on full-time staff. I will pay the extra money anytime for that kind of personal and helpful service.

So we Pentax dudes are well served here in little Fredericton N.B.
04-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-x in Fry's

I bought my K-x at Fry's about two days after it was released. I was surprised they were so quick at getting it in stock. Many online stores didn't even have it yet. I tried it against all the entry Canon models (everything below the 50D) and it was so much better, especially the kit lens, Auto White Balance, and low light performance (which was also better than the K-7).

I was already well invested and committed to Pentax gear, but I still thought it would be fun to compare with Canon, especially with the Canon T1i they had. After looking at the photos I'd taken in-store that evening at home, I immediately went back and bought one the next morning for the full $650, even knowing the price would be going down a relatively short time after launch. Considering how much use I got out of it right away, it was completely worth it.

04-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Weel, I guess Pentax have a different marketing style in the US.
Not only Pentax equipments can be found in retail stores, but is available through the internet too.

In my country, Pentax made a good start by having its first showroom, repair/service center and workshop center in Kuala Lumpur. It is known as Pentax concept store. (I am sure Pentax have succh place in the US or Canada, but it's a first in Malaysia). To be opened at the end of this month.

Last edited by Pentaxie; 04-22-2010 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Add in the sentence : To be opened at the end of this month.
04-23-2010, 02:24 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxie Quote

In my country, Pentax made a good start by having its first showroom, repair/service center and workshop center in Kuala Lumpur. It is known as Pentax concept store. (I am sure Pentax have succh place in the US or Canada, but it's a first in Malaysia). To be opened at the end of this month.
This is interesting concept. These kind of store do not exist in Canada
04-24-2010, 08:40 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxie Quote
Weel, I guess Pentax have a different marketing style in the US.
Not only Pentax equipments can be found in retail stores, but is available through the internet too.

I am not aware of any such store in the United States either.

04-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #23
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
Are you talking online or in-store? Pentax has a presence in WalMart currently:

Walmart.com: Electronics: Digital Cameras: Digital SLR: All Cameras: Pentax

I've seen some Pentax gear in a couple stores as well.
They have not had that kind of discount store presence since K-Mart in the early 90s or department stores since Sears about the same time.
04-30-2010, 08:44 AM   #24
Banned

I buy all of my stuff online with free shipping, no NJ sales tax and many times Bing cashback. I hope Pentax doesn't waste a dime trying to sell to mom & pop photo stores . It is now 2010 and only woman should need to see what they are buying in person since they have to try it on first.