Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2010, 11:58 AM   #16
Veteran Member

It was only a matter of time.

Now we'll be seeing every girl with a pink DSLR around here, especially when I go to the Golden Gate Bridge. At least it'll be a Pentax though. *shudders at the thought of a pink DSLR*

04-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #17
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
It was only a matter of time.

Now we'll be seeing every girl with a pink DSLR around here, especially when I go to the Golden Gate Bridge. At least it'll be a Pentax though. *shudders at the thought of a pink DSLR*
we dont have the pink yet. why does that thought make you shudder? why does a camera have to be a drab colour?

here is something I read on a blog I follow and it really struck me. Ill quote it here and link so you can see the photos. it was quite an eye opening thought. and the photographer is damn good. the quote I believe can easily be applied to the subject of these very colourful cameras.

QuoteQuote:
Photographer: Yuhki Touyama

Touyama has already had two fantastic books published in Japan: Sasurai and Line 13

If you let it, the idea of displaying photographs on a camera can blow your mind.

I feel that her treatment and decoration of this camera is proof of a relationship with the world where living and photographing are two elements which are impossible to consider separately. This isn’t about a simple shallow fashion statement or a WACKY JAPAN LOL post, nor do I think she is emulating that late 1990s “girly photo” movement. She has personalized and incorporated into her lifestyle this mechanical companion which she uses to react and respond to the world around her.

To me this is the purest and most interesting way to make photographs.
tokyo camera style
^^the first two camera photos, and check out the links to her books. some really neat photos.

to me a camera is a tool, it has even earned me some cash, but at the same time, its part of me. I carry my asahi pentax SV with me absolutely everywhere and that will never change. it is as described above, something that has been incorporates into my lifestyle, its my constant companion and as such it has been customized, beat up, cared for, loved, etc. if I loved a pink slr, whats the problem? does that change anything? does it have an impact on the quality of my photos? if a pink slr is the perfect thing for some young girl or boy to discover a companion for recording life as they see it, I say wonderful and I hope to see as many pink slrs as I do black ones.

Last edited by séamuis; 04-23-2010 at 01:46 PM.
04-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
we dont have the pink yet. why does that thought make you shudder? why does a camera have to be a drab colour?

here is something I read on a blog I follow and it really struck me. Ill quote it here and link so you can see the photos. it was quite an eye opening thought. and the photographer is damn good. the quote I believe can easily be applied to the subject of these very colourful cameras.

tokyo camera style
^^the first two camera photos, and check out the links to her books. some really neat photos.

to me a camera is a tool, it has even earned me some cash, but at the same time, its part of me. I carry my asahi pentax SV with me absolutely everywhere and that will never change. it is as described above, something that has been incorporates into my lifestyle, its my constant companion and as such it has been customized, beat up, cared for, loved, etc. if I loved a pink slr, whats the problem? does that change anything? does it have an impact on the quality of my photos? if a pink slr is the perfect thing for some young girl or boy to discover a companion for recording life as they see it, I say wonderful and I hope to see as many pink slrs as I do black ones.
Great point. I was in a guitar store recently while a young woman was trying to buy a guitar. She loved a particular model of guitar and asked if it were available in pink. The clerk, after a protracted disbelieving silence, said "no, but I have this other guitar in pink that you will hate. It's $3,400." For an acoustic guitar, not sure of the brand, that's pretty good coin. The woman did not even flinch. She said, "let's see that bitch." She left with a huge smile and the guitar without even running a pick across the strings.
04-23-2010, 06:58 PM   #19
Nubi

Yes the overstocked ones from Japan. These are the ones people ordered and never picked up.

Just kidding of course.

04-23-2010, 11:11 PM   #20

Photos: Albums
If Pentax wants to popularise its cameras in India, they could use the ongoing IPL cricket tournament (Indian Premier League | IPLT20) and sponsor the man of the match. They could give away cameras to the player, matching the colour of his jersey.
Example, a yellow colour K-x to my favorite team Chennai Super Kings (Indian Premier League | IPLT20 Chennai Super Kings)
04-24-2010, 03:58 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My next camera will be a k7 or whatever the next version of that is, but I really want a purple camera body. This makes the k-x very tempting.
04-24-2010, 04:28 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Pink and light pink is available in Europe!
Also chocolat and beige, turquoise and silver metallic.
Now, I would love to get that turquoise one! Really I do!
But I am also thinking about a silver K-x to match my silver FA 28-105.
The only body I use it on now is my *ist DS (silver/black).
Silver FA 28-105 looks stupid on my blue navy K-x.

Now, this is expensive...
Smart move by Pentax, you could fill the rainbow with K-x!
Feeling a bit blue? Feeling a bit hot red and spicy? Or when you want to express your green tender love, or you simply wanting a steel look to match the steel gray suit...
A K-x for every day, every colour of the week!
04-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Will we get these in Canada?

04-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #24
Site Supporter

I'm hoping a forrest or emerald green becomes available at some point.
04-25-2010, 07:22 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dude163 Quote
Will we get these in Canada?
Please? Perhaps a Red and White one?
05-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #26
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Man, this is making me wonder if I was right in choosing the Navy K-x. I first fell in love with it in white, but thought otherwise with fears of it yellowing or showing dirt over the years. That red one still looks extremeley appealing though.

Wait a minute, wasn't there some red apple from some garden a long time ago that caused some great big mess?

Huh. . . I can't remember. . . Boy that royal blue looks pretty sharp too. . .