Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax advertising more?

Pentax is actually showing up in the Boston area for Hunt's Photo Expo on May 7-8th in Melrose. I thought they were going towards an all-internet model, but this is a good sign...maybe olive leaves to get dealers ready for the 645D?

04-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They are definitely more active than ever since the 1980īs in this part of the world. You actually do see advertisements regularly in major magazines,even newspapers.
There was a major trade show a couple of weeks ago, with Pentax present just the same way as Canon and Nikon.
Hope they keep up the same way.
04-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

good for you! Unfortunately I could not say the same things for Romania
04-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

K-7 and Kx have both been selling very well in the States. Hoya has done a very good job of getting Pentax focused and pointed in the right direction. The 645D has been receiving a lot of interest and I think Pentax has underestimated demand. If Pentax can find the right sensor provider and improve on the QC of the lenses they have a really bright future.

05-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
Pentaxian

On the magazine rack recently, the Outdoor Photographer "Annual" had both the K7 and Kx mentioned in articles, the K7 especially was in an article about an outdoor hypothetical kit, budget priced. nice spread.
05-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Pentax is actually showing up in the Boston area for Hunt's Photo Expo on May 7-8th in Melrose. I thought they were going towards an all-internet model, but this is a good sign...maybe olive leaves to get dealers ready for the 645D?
There are a few B&M retailers who have remained loyal to Pentax and continue to qualify to purchase directly. It takes some work, but Pentax does support those dealers who are still in teh fold - local co-op radio, TV and display advertising, workshops, display merch - all the usual things.
05-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #7

I wish Pentax was in the stores around here. I would love to try my hand with a K7. I like the look of the cam but I'd prefer to hold one, get a feel for it. I think my next purchase from Pentax will be a limited lens. the 70mm maybe or the 35mm macro. Then down the road the K7 to really justify the glass.
05-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by KFrog Quote
I wish Pentax was in the stores around here. I would love to try my hand with a K7. I like the look of the cam but I'd prefer to hold one, get a feel for it. I think my next purchase from Pentax will be a limited lens. the 70mm maybe or the 35mm macro. Then down the road the K7 to really justify the glass.
I wouldn't even mind traveling up to 2 hours to try out a Kx. I should check out Portland, they may have it. The only thing holding me up on buying the Kx is the sound of the shutter and possible fit, which i hear is quite good. Pentax USA should really try to establish some regional stores that help to minimize the distance travelled.

Excuse me - your hair is on fire - pretty neat thumbnail :-)

05-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
I wouldn't even mind traveling up to 2 hours to try out a Kx. I should check out Portland, they may have it. The only thing holding me up on buying the Kx is the sound of the shutter and possible fit, which i hear is quite good. Pentax USA should really try to establish some regional stores that help to minimize the distance travelled.

I live in the Portland metro area and I haven't see the KX. A few places have the K7 though. ProPhoto Supply doesn't even have any Pentax stuff.
05-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I wouldn't even mind traveling up to 2 hours to try out a Kx.
Glazers in Seattle might have it. I'm fairly certain they still carry Pentax gear.

Checked out the mecca known as B&H last weekend and realized I budgeted too short a time when I walked in
The K7 feels a lot faster focusing than I expected compared to my K20D...
05-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #11
axl
Veteran Member

In UK, they are definitely advertising more. MUCH more... makes me happy that they realised that it's not just about making great cameras but telling the folks: look we are making great cameras!
05-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #12
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
There are a few B&M retailers who have remained loyal to Pentax and continue to qualify to purchase directly. It takes some work, but Pentax does support those dealers who are still in teh fold - local co-op radio, TV and display advertising, workshops, display merch - all the usual things.
My local B & M no longer sells ANY cameras. They just sell a few accy, bags, c41 developing and digital printing. I'm having some trouble with their business model.
05-03-2010, 08:14 PM   #13
Pentaxian

If you're looking to get your hands on one in the Seattle area, I know for a fact that the Fry's in Renton carries both the K-7 and K-x, and on display with all the other DSLRs (not on some back shelf).
05-14-2010, 06:56 AM   #14

ads

Don't see much advertising from them up here!
05-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter

Fry's Electronics here carries Pentax and had both the K7 and KX when I was last in the store....

QuoteOriginally posted by KFrog Quote
Fry's Electronics Store Hours and Locations

Texas
City Address Phone
Arlington 102 East I-20 Hwy (817) 557-6500
Dallas 12710 Executive Drive (214) 342-5900
Houston 10241 N. Fwy I - 45 (281) 931-2200
South Houston 11565 SW Fwy 59 (832) 200-3300
Irving 2488 Market Place Blvd (214) 242-4900
Austin 12707 N. Mopac Expressway (512) 733-7000
Plano 700 East Plano Pkwy (214) 291-6000
Webster 21300 Gulf Fwy (281) 338-1762

Washington
City Address Phone
Renton 800 Garden Ave. North (425) 525-0200