Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 193 Likes Search this Thread
07-24-2011, 05:48 AM - 1 Like   #121
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
Damn, the camera body shipped faster than the lens. Still waiting
So you are saying Ricoh has no fast lenses?

07-24-2011, 05:52 AM   #122
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
07-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #123
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
If it was an f/1.8 lens it would have arrived right on time!
07-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #124
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TKH Quote
New pics!

I´m happy.

IMHO the hard facts for me are:
This little wonder is better than my Pentax K7 with FA43. Much more sharper, better bokeh, better white balance, slower but better AF. And I´m a true Pentax fan boy.

Today I grabbed first time the famous Fuji X100. The view finder is a dream. Much more better than the VF-2 from Ricoh. But the rest of the camera was a big disappointment to me. Feels like cheap plastics all over. 1 k$ for that one lens machine? No way!

Rainer
Nice pics Rainer! I've been resisting getting the 50 mm unit up until this point but I have a feeling that you are going to be a bad influence on me

Actually the image quality from the A12 50 mm reminds me a lot of the FA31. Sharp from wide open and great bokeh.

I could definitely see how someone could prefer the GXR to the K-7, although the K-7 is a nice cameras in a lot of ways. Ever since I got the GXR I'd say I still use my K-5 about 70 percent of the time, especially for work, but for the rest of the time I use the GXR instead of the K-7.

07-28-2011, 06:27 AM   #125
TKH
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote

I've been resisting getting the 50 mm unit up until this point but I have a feeling that you are going to be a bad influence on me
I´m the man your parents told you...

Iso 3200:

Hahahahahah!
07-28-2011, 06:33 AM   #126
Veteran Member

I´m the man your parents told you...

Iso 3200:

Hahahahahah!
Yuu're an Evil Man, I want this camera badly and it's not available in canada, you're making me suffer
07-28-2011, 08:04 AM - 1 Like   #127
TKH
Veteran Member

I know, I know.
I´m a German and we must hurry to stay in reputation...

All f2.5

I´m in love...

BTW. I bought my first Limited lenses in New York at the shop of B+H and they shipped me the stuff to Germany. Why dont you do the same to Canada?

Rainer

07-29-2011, 05:59 AM   #128
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Been using the Ricoh GXR and Pentax K-5 duo for photojournalism the past few days. Nice light way to carry around multiple primes.

From the 28 mm:

07-31-2011, 05:29 AM   #129
TKH
Veteran Member

Fantastic colors in your fine pic! Great.

Last night I was as a guest on a wedding. I played around a little with the rings:

08-01-2011, 05:16 AM   #130
Forum Member

i just got my GXR with the A10 and the A12 today

awesome camera!

shot these on my way home earlier today.

what i love about it is that compared to a DSLR, its so small light!

this will come in handy for those days when i don't want to lug my K5 out
08-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #131
TKH
Veteran Member

08-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #132
Veteran Member

I know, I know.
I´m a German and we must hurry to stay in reputation...

All f2.5

I´m in love...

BTW. I bought my first Limited lenses in New York at the shop of B+H and they shipped me the stuff to Germany. Why dont you do the same to Canada?

Rainer
the issue would be getting service if the camera has a problem. Ricoh has no service for cameras in Canada. I have less issue buying old no warranty stuff from the US. Most new product I can get up here for approximately the same or less at the moment thanks to the Dollar
I can wait as I think it's quite likely Ricoh will end up with distribution up here after the takeover, probably for next year.Pentax Canada actually has better B&M distribution than Pentax US, and the service is here in Toronto (as long as the price isn't wildly out of whack I will support a local B&M shop, that way they are there when I need them) There are at least a couple of us waiting for this unit to come to Canada on this forum (and Many more on Rangefinder forums waiting for this with the M Mountsor)
08-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #133
Veteran Member

*Really* like that set, the first pic in particular. I'm particularly impressed with the colour rendition, too. For the life of me I cannot understand the attraction for Ricoh of the Q when the GXR CSC is already in the line-up.

I really hope that the Pentax/Ricoh integration means a sea change in the distribution in North America. For once October is something to look forward to!
08-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #134
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
For once October is something to look forward to!
I haven't mentioned this elsewhere, but... suppose October comes and Ricoh-Pentax DON'T announce something mindblowing, or startling, or even noticeable? Here we are, all whipped into a frenzy. And nothing happens. Huh? Suppose they have nothing to roll out till 2012? How much teeth-gnashing will ensue here?
08-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #135
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
I haven't mentioned this elsewhere, but... suppose October comes and Ricoh-Pentax DON'T announce something mindblowing, or startling, or even noticeable? Here we are, all whipped into a frenzy. And nothing happens. Huh? Suppose they have nothing to roll out till 2012? How much teeth-gnashing will ensue here?
Teeth-gnashers will be teeth-gnashers. I'd like to see Ricoh cameras in the stores, but I am patient.