Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2011, 07:02 AM   #136
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
You're doing a good job, Rainer, of helping me along in my internal debate of "should I sell my 50 mm DFA macro that I barely use to fund a A12 50 mm purchase?" Keep it up

Late summer is great prairie flower season. Too bad I don't have the 50 mm

IQ good enough to eat.

Watching a Twitter novel.

08-05-2011, 07:56 AM   #137
TKH
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
You're doing a good job, Rainer, of helping me along in my internal debate of "should I sell my 50 mm DFA macro that I barely use to fund a A12 50 mm purchase?" Keep it up
Do you like classic American cars??

Rainer

BTW, the pizza looks perfect!
08-06-2011, 04:24 AM   #138
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well the M-module will be out in September now. $650 for the module, which is in line with the other modules that are out now. This is in one sense why the GXR system makes more sense after you've bought it, because once you buy the $350 frame, the $650 for each additional module doesn't seem nearly as outrageous.

Recent Press Releases / Digital Cameras | Ricoh Global

Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Preview: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

What has me excited for this module?

Two different AF assist modes -- hopefully will help with manual focusing on digital which isn't ideal. (Cool!) AND.

Micro lens arrangement and no AA filter to accentuate RF lens performance. (Cool!)

Man, I thought I was going to be able to resist, but now I want to buy one of those things.
08-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #139
TKH
Veteran Member

Buy, buy...

08-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #140
Forum Member

great shots. And a great camera for things that don't move

looking forward to your impression on the M module.
08-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #141
TKH
Veteran Member

Up again.
Attached Images

08-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #142
Veteran Member

...wow. And the price is right....

QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
[url=http://www.dpreview.com/previews/ricohgxrmounta12/]Two different AF assist modes -- hopefully will help with manual focusing on digital which isn't ideal. (Cool!) AND.

Micro lens arrangement and no AA filter to accentuate RF lens performance. (Cool!)

Man, I thought I was going to be able to resist, but now I want to buy one of those things.
Yup. I like the adjustable controls over vignetting etc. Sounds like an exciting camera!

08-18-2011, 05:46 AM   #143
TKH
Veteran Member

f2.5 and 100% crop:

f 2.8 and 100% crop

f 3.2 and 100% crop

Iso 1600, no noise reduction on board or in Lightroom

Iso 3200, no noise reduction on board or in Lightroom

Rainer
08-18-2011, 06:00 AM   #144
SPB

Wow those are brilliant!
09-01-2011, 06:39 AM   #145
Veteran Member

Regarding the M-mount, I don't like the sound of "hard to focus".
09-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #146
TKH
Veteran Member

Sorry, but this guy must be a honk...

Since yesterday I use the new ways to fokus with my GXR and I was blown away how simple it works and how safe it works. Dead brilliant! Two modes can be selected, with the focus being checked by strengthening outlines or contrast. It is possible to magnify the image while shooting to make it easier to focus. In addition to magnifying the central part of the image, it is possible to display the magnified area across the entire screen. The image quality for 4x and 8x magnification has also been further enhanced, and the area to be magnified can be moved with the directional pad.

The whole pic:

The 100% Crop:

Either if you use AF or MF the "twinkling" contrast lines show you exactly where you hit the point. Its just clean and easy. The new focus modus is so impressive for me that I am sure that I will buy the new M-modul.

BTW: It also works in a light version in the AF modus of the camera too (if you like, you can deactivate it).
09-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #147
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TKH Quote
Sorry, but this guy must be a honk...

Since yesterday I use the new ways to fokus with my GXR and I was blown away how simple it works and how safe it works. Dead brilliant! Two modes can be selected, with the focus being checked by strengthening outlines or contrast. It is possible to magnify the image while shooting to make it easier to focus. In addition to magnifying the central part of the image, it is possible to display the magnified area across the entire screen. The image quality for 4x and 8x magnification has also been further enhanced, and the area to be magnified can be moved with the directional pad.

Either if you use AF or MF the "twinkling" contrast lines show you exactly where you hit the point. Its just clean and easy. The new focus modus is so impressive for me that I am sure that I will buy the new M-modul.

BTW: It also works in a light version in the AF modus of the camera too (if you like, you can deactivate it).
Interesting. I look forward to your report on the M module! 8)
09-02-2011, 12:18 AM   #148
Inactive Account

Hi! New GXR user here from the Philippines! Also a former pentaxian (KX).

Sharing some of my photos:
My first:

09-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #149
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Welcome to the club Tattee!

I shot a wedding on Saturday and brought along the GXR. I was in very dark conditions for most of the day, so the K-5 got the most use, but I did set the Ricoh up on automated shooting with flash while the dancing started and I think it did pretty well. Check out some of the examples:

Well done, Ricohbot!
09-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #150
Veteran Member

Great idea, and fine results!