01-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #212
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
Nice shots Tattee!
Thanks!

02-20-2012, 02:16 AM   #213
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello to All, just gotten my GXR on last week, really like the light body with the module as compare to my Kx. Below are some of the test shots with the P10:

02-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #214
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice shots! We've needed some more from the P10 unit in this thread. Thanks for posting!

02-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #215
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
Nice shots! We've needed some more from the P10 unit in this thread. Thanks for posting!
Thanks Urkeldaedalus. I will shoot more with this P10 when I'm free, while waiting for my 50mm

Last edited by Pentaxians; 02-20-2012 at 07:58 PM.
02-20-2012, 09:02 PM - 1 Like   #216
Veteran Member

GXR crawling around in the yard today at lunch.
Attached Images

02-23-2012, 02:00 AM   #217
Pentaxian

Nice macro shots from you Stanleyk!

02-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #218
Pentaxian

Just received my 50mm module on last Thursday, some try shoots with my kids at the playground.

03-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #219
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice shots. Cute kids!
03-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #220
MSM
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
@Pentaxians: How is the AF of the 50 mm/2.5. I have a Kx and a DA 35 mm and was wondering how the 50 compares in terms of AF. I have heard that it is slow but it is all relative. I have the 35 and some say that it is slow. I find it suitable for my needs. If the Ricoh 50 is comparable I could see trying it out. I want a nice smaller system. I am hoping to hear soon the release of the K mount module. That might tip me over the edge.

Question for the users here. How would you describe the day to day use? Is it fun? This year I am going for the FF (fun factor) I bought a Fuji X10 which definitely meets that criteria and I just feel that the GXR would be a lot of fun. My Kx is nice but I would not say it is fun. I just want a camera that ideally I could use my lenses on that make you want to take with you. Small, smart, good WB, and good AF would be starters for me. I also have taken to the nice build of the Fuji which I suspect the Gxr will be the same. Thanks for any thoughts.
03-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #221
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MSM Quote
@Pentaxians: How is the AF of the 50 mm/2.5. I have a Kx and a DA 35 mm and was wondering how the 50 compares in terms of AF. I have heard that it is slow but it is all relative. I have the 35 and some say that it is slow. I find it suitable for my needs. If the Ricoh 50 is comparable I could see trying it out. I want a nice smaller system. I am hoping to hear soon the release of the K mount module. That might tip me over the edge.

Question for the users here. How would you describe the day to day use? Is it fun? This year I am going for the FF (fun factor) I bought a Fuji X10 which definitely meets that criteria and I just feel that the GXR would be a lot of fun. My Kx is nice but I would not say it is fun. I just want a camera that ideally I could use my lenses on that make you want to take with you. Small, smart, good WB, and good AF would be starters for me. I also have taken to the nice build of the Fuji which I suspect the Gxr will be the same. Thanks for any thoughts.
I think you would find the GXR a lot of fun, especially if you like the Fuji. I'm not sure what it is about the camera, but in my experience it makes you want to go shoot with it. It may not be a class leader in specs (although the IQ for the size is still really good), but it's just a joy to use for the most part. When I want to do work I use my Pentax stuff, but when I'm going somewhere and don't want the bulk the GXR is a great choice.
03-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #222
Veteran Member

The GXR is an awesome camera. As far as the specs go the IQ is really great. Highly recommended.
03-02-2012, 11:50 PM   #223
TKH
Veteran Member

I was a diehard Pentaxian for years.

I bought the GXR.

I sold all my Pentax stuff.

I miss nothing.

Happy,
Rainer
03-03-2012, 01:20 AM   #224
Pentaxian

I'm indeed a Ricohian from now on but I'm still holding some of the legacy manual lenses from Pentax! I'm also waiting for the K Mount module from Ricoh too, hopefully it will release in time to come. Comparing between DA35 f2,4 +Kx to A12 50mm + GXR, I would said the AF speed on Kx is rather faster than GXR. I'm changing to GXR was mainly due to the light body as compare to Kx. It's too heavy for me when going for holiday with 2 kids. I like the K-01 design but in the end I'm getting GXR, partly was due to the weight of the body too. My lovely Kx body weight ~580, the up coming K-01 ~561 (FYI, there are some happy user of K-01 as of today in Singapore, the stocks were arrived and some are already gotten it in hand), comparing to the GXR ~226 (measurement in grams with battery, excluded lenses) it's really tell a different.

In term of the sharpness of the pictures, I would said both are equally Sharp but DA35 take the lead on the AF focusing lock. Some of the pictures that I took earlier on with the DA35 f2.4:

Last edited by Pentaxians; 03-03-2012 at 01:25 AM.
03-03-2012, 05:41 AM   #225
TKH
Veteran Member

Minolta M-Rokkor 90mm f4.
Today we went to a demonstration against facist people how are meeting in our town.

The police in Germany is very clever. They have very nice policewoman to deescalate...

Rainer

Last edited by TKH; 03-03-2012 at 05:46 AM.