Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yesterday a walk by the harbour and the beach

05-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Orloff Quote
In answer to the original post there may be few current Pentaxians with a GRD but ask the same question in a few months and I'm sure you will find plenty. My dilemna is whether to go for a GRD(V) or find a cheap end of line GRDIV. I'm bored with waiting for a wide angle prime for the Q, especially given the temptation of a sensor 13 times larger.
I had the same thought, because I'm having trouble with non-stabilised cameras at the moment. Nearly mothballed my GRDIII last week... but... that GR is *such* a huge temptation, and I like the notion of the 35mm crop. Also, I doubt that prices on the IV will drop that much.
05-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some of you may be familiar with Wouter Brandsma. He does excellent work with his GRD.

Wouter Brandsma ?? | Visual thoughts by Wouter Brandsma
05-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RyanW Quote
Some of you may be familiar with Wouter Brandsma. He does excellent work with his GRD.

Yes, he's excellent. He used to hang out in seriouscompacts.com but doesn't anymore.

05-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Didn't know him, but his last pic is just stunning (GRD III) :

Do we really need the new GR ?
05-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NickLarsson Quote
Didn't know him, but his last pic is just stunning (GRD III) :

Do we really need the new GR ?
Oh gawd, when did need have *anything* to do with camera purchases!! LOL! I'm brinking on getting another compact... I miss my F550EXR and am considering an F770EXR to replace it. They are actually pretty darned good for street stuff.
05-19-2013, 01:43 PM - 1 Like   #52
Veteran Member

05-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Very nice, Nick
05-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NickLarsson Quote
Now thats a real stunner!! Love it
05-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Further to the Fuji purchase... bought... didnt work for me... returned... end of.
05-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Very nice, Nick
QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
Now thats a real stunner!! Love it
Thanks!

Further to the Fuji purchase... bought... didnt work for me... returned... end of.
Speaking about Fuji, I tried the X100s the other day. Nice camera, but at 1200€ vs 750€ for the GR, the choice is easy

I can buy a nice lens with the price difference.

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Orloff Quote
In answer to the original post there may be few current Pentaxians with a GRD but ask the same question in a few months and I'm sure you will find plenty. My dilemna is whether to go for a GRD(V) or find a cheap end of line GRDIV. I'm bored with waiting for a wide angle prime for the Q, especially given the temptation of a sensor 13 times larger.
I bought the GRD4 precisely because of the lack of a wide-angle for the Q. Haven't used the Q since.

Now I'm almost sure I'll buy the new GR, but I still don't know which camera I'm gonna keep between the Q and the GRD4.

I like the special look I get with the GRD, close to film. Also the 1cm macro mode is really fun. But the focal length is gonna be redundant.

Actually the only thing that could make me keep the Q is the fisheye lens.
05-21-2013, 06:04 AM   #57
Veteran Member

05-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Like you, Nick, trying to make a decision about whether to keep the GRDIII if I get the GR... its kind of been made for me though, I have the X100, I have the GRDIII... why do I even consider the GR (I've no intention of getting the X100S, anyway)... and I can't sell my GRDIII because the battery latch is broken (not the door, the latch that keeps it in place) so whenever I have to charge the battery, its a guess about whether it will ever start up again. Getting it fixed is more expensive than the camera could be sold for, so I press on with it as is. Mothballs, maybe, and a new GR... hmm... I could live with that
05-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #59
Veteran Member

Like you, Nick, trying to make a decision about whether to keep the GRDIII if I get the GR... its kind of been made for me though, I have the X100, I have the GRDIII... why do I even consider the GR (I've no intention of getting the X100S, anyway)... and I can't sell my GRDIII because the battery latch is broken (not the door, the latch that keeps it in place) so whenever I have to charge the battery, its a guess about whether it will ever start up again. Getting it fixed is more expensive than the camera could be sold for, so I press on with it as is. Mothballs, maybe, and a new GR... hmm... I could live with that
My GR(5) just arrived today. All I can say is I have no idea what to do with my GRDiii now. This thing is simply stellar. My only slight complaint so far is a bit of hunting the GR's AF does in lowlight as compared to the GRDiii.

Last edited by Eyewanders; 05-24-2013 at 10:06 AM.
05-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
My GR(5) just arrived today. All I can say is I have no idea what to do with my GRDiii now. This thing is simply stellar. My only slight complaint so far is a bit of hunting the GR's AF does in lowlight as compared to the GRDiii.
Hey Chicken, I would be interested if you could post some comparison shots (not much, 2 or 3 would be ok) between the GRD and the GR ?

I'm still undecided personnally. I know what the GR sensor is capable of, but I really like what I can get out of the GRD