Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #31
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MSM Quote
@Ogl, do you have a GXR? What's your thoughts? I'm tempted to pick up a used one if I can find it cheap enough.
It's the best camera I had ever used...
Outstanding. My brother asked me when he saw me first time with GXR - Is it LEICA?

10-01-2012, 12:53 AM   #32
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MSM Quote
LOL. @SOldbear. Sounds like you got your MBA (Modular Buying Addiction) in a serious way. Did you buy three separate bodies too? I would consider all you mentioned "cheap enough" but I don't know if I would buy three sets. I think maybe the 28 or 50 plus a k mount module if it ever came out.
GXR is made by man of genius.

I think it's more sense to buy 24-85 module. If you prefer compactness - A12 28.
Another EVILs in another league. GXR is in high-end class.

We could see new module till New Year (rumors).
10-01-2012, 04:42 AM   #33
ogl
Pentaxian

Google Translate

Is there any integration between the Ricoh GXR and Pentax goals?
It is an idea that has been shuffled, but it is difficult for the same reason we mentioned before, the required distance between the sensor and the lens mount of K.

K-mount unit for GXR is like putting a saddle on a cow IMO.

Last edited by ogl; 10-01-2012 at 07:25 AM.
10-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Google Translate

Is there any integration between the Ricoh GXR and Pentax goals?
It is an idea that has been shuffled, but it is difficult for the same reason we mentioned before, the required distance between the sensor and the lens mount of K.

K-mount unit for GXR is like putting a saddle on a cow IMO.
Maybe, but there are NEX users that are happily using a K-mount adapter and getting wonderful results. I for one would love to have focus peaking with my K glass. But I guess I could always use the m to k adapter like someone pointed out in an earlier thread.

Do Pentax flashes work on the GXR?

10-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #35
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote

I think NO.

The K-mount adapter and K-mount unit are different things.
Don't you understand it?

To put huge piece of plastic and metal into GXR body is absurd IMO. Еspecially, manual unit. AF K-mount unit is unreal.

Pentax Ricoh Corp. offer K-30, K-5 and K-01 for K-mount lenses.
No any sense to mix GXR system with K-mount.

Last edited by ogl; 10-01-2012 at 10:55 AM.
10-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
It depends on what you mean by "work."

If "work" means "is triggered by" then yes. The GXR will trigger any flash that has "normal" hot foot (e.g. Sony/Minolta uses a different shape of the hot foot).

If "work" means "is controlled by," the answer is no. Except for the sync signal, there is no communication between the GXR and Pentax flashes.

But that's not the end of the world. The flash can always be used in manual or auto flash mode. The photo in my earlier post shows a GXR + A16 24-85mm + Metz 32Z-2 with SCA-372 (for Pentax) module.

For remote flash, I use RF transceivers (RF-602). It's much more reliable than optically-triggered flash anyway.

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
No any sense to mix GXR system with K-mount.
I agree. I wish there were a K-mount modules for GXR. But I don't think there will ever be. It just does not make economic sense.

Last edited by SOldBear; 10-01-2012 at 11:36 AM.
10-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #37
ogl
Pentaxian

Let Ricoh offer us 18/4 and 85/2 units and I will be satisfied at 100%.
10-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #38
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I could see SDM. But a screw drive? No way.
Except that the SDM lenses tend to be ginormous compared to the DA ltd lenses.

11-13-2012, 05:48 AM   #39

Another vote here for the K mount module. I'd buy it in a second. Theonly problem is, it might make me ditch my K5 entirely.
11-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I knew for a fact Ricoh was bringing out a K-mount module for the GXR - even if we had to wait some months for it - I'd pick up the GXR with A16 24-85mm zoom module right now to tide me over. Then I'd pick up the K-mount module to use with my DA Limiteds. But, as it stands, Ricoh-Pentax's coy remarks aren't enough to get me to pull the trigger.
01-21-2013, 06:41 PM - 1 Like   #41
Pentaxian

K mount Shmay mount. :P Get the A12 Lecia mount and use a m-K adapter if you must. Considering the register distance of the m mount is 27.8mm you can fit dam well nearly any lens out there in that lecia m mount. M39. M42, Pentax K, Contax G, Cannon FD .. .. With a "proper" "k module" it would be as thick as with the adapter anyway,

not that I understand exactly why you'd want to tho honestly..

Well put it this way... For $299 the K-01 is the pentax ricoh K mount module
01-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #42
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
K mount Shmay mount. :P Get the A12 Lecia mount and use a m-K adapter if you must. Considering the register distance of the m mount is 27.8mm you can fit dam well nearly any lens out there in that lecia m mount. M39. M42, Pentax K, Contax G, Cannon FD .. .. With a "proper" "k module" it would be as thick as with the adapter anyway,

When this thread was started, the K-01 was an $800 K-mount module.
01-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #43
Pentaxian

oh how times change :P

That'll teach me for lurking.
01-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #44

QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote

If the plan is to use MANUAL FOCUS K mount lenses or DA/FA lenses in manual focus mode then a K Mount to Leica M mount adapter on the GXR Mount module is a superb solution. IF you are choosing DA lenses, choose an adapter with an aperture control ring. Novoflex offers one.

Compact SLR lenses that balance well on the GXR with GXR Mount include Pentax M and Olympus OM lenses. I really like the Zuiko 24mm f2.8.

The expressed desire for a K mount module is for implementation with AUTOFOCUS.

You are correct that the K-01 has most of the functional requirements for a GXR KAF module. The area where the K-01 fails is that it does not have an interface for an EVF.

If Pentax/Ricoh released a KAF camera body with an integrated EVF, there would be little reason for a KAF GXR module. IF Ricoh/Pentax adopted the menu structure and options of the GXR into Pentax advanced cameras, that would be another bonus.
01-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #45

QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
I hope there will be a GXR K-mount module. But I seriously doubt if there will ever be one....

Leica M lenses owners are willing to pay almost $1000 for a camera body that can take M lenses because the other option costs much much more.....

But for K-mount lenses, $1000 body + module does not make financial sense. Less costly options are available.

BUT for a $1000 body + module that can also be changed out for a Leica mount and all that can be adapted with it. Add SDM and you have an AMAZINGINGLY attractive body.

Full Frame that monkey and WATCH OUT! big manufacturers...

This may be the most promising aspect of the Ricoh Pentax marriage