Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wild pricing at Henry's

GXR body, $125, lens modules $99 to $279.00.

Search - Henry's best camera store in Canada

03-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
GXR body, $125, lens modules $99 to $279.00.

Search - Henry's best camera store in Canada
Wow, I can get the body, 28mm module and hood, with shipping to US for 450 :S
May have to buy now and beg for forgiveness later :/
03-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
Forum Member

Looks like it's a wider trend, because I spotted at least one seller on the left side of the pond, too, with surprisingly low prices for the body and the A16 unit.

Hmm... I donder what's up. Stock clearance because of...
a) the whole GXR system has been discontinued, or
b) new GXR body and modules coming soon, or
c) just a coincidental sales in various places, trying to cheer up the slow sales?
03-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
MSM
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just called Henry's to see about availability. Unfortunately, I was told they are showing 'negative' stock on most items including the A12 28, GXR body. They have maybe 1 or 2 A12 50mm. I really wanted to try it out but I missed out. I was told by a nice lady on the phone it was a clearance because no one was buying the GXR. They are not likely to carry it again. I guess I can look at all the money I saved!

@EchoOscar: I noticed that Popflash here in the States has the A12 28 mm and a used GXR. They used to carry a lot of GXR body and lenses. I wonder if it is option 'a'. I hope not but maybe the GRD with an APS- c will be the replacement

03-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MSM Quote
I just called Henry's to see about availability. Unfortunately, I was told they are showing 'negative' stock on most items including the A12 28, GXR body. They have maybe 1 or 2 A12 50mm. I really wanted to try it out but I missed out. I was told by a nice lady on the phone it was a clearance because no one was buying the GXR. They are not likely to carry it again. I guess I can look at all the money I saved!

@EchoOscar: I noticed that Popflash here in the States has the A12 28 mm and a used GXR. They used to carry a lot of GXR body and lenses. I wonder if it is option 'a'. I hope not but maybe the GRD with an APS- c will be the replacement
That's a bummer
03-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I ordered the body +s10 early Thursday evening, it shipped...on route. Decided I wanted the 28mm and 50mm later Thursday evening, and order those.....still pending. Called in and was told the 50mm is in stock and held for me, but the 28mm was oversold...I'm on the wait list. Guy had no idea if more stock is coming. I'm not optimistic....should have jumped sooner....reviewing sample pics of that lens, it's quite impressive.

Also, don't give up on the body kits. I went to my local henrys yeterday, and they still had 2x s10 kits, 1 p10 kit, 2x body only, and a bunch of the zooms. Henrys pulls stock from stores to fulfill online orders.
03-11-2013, 03:11 AM   #7
Veteran Member

All pointing to the new PRIC rumours being true.

I'm leaning towards there being surprisingly BIG announcements.

Ricoh are not a timid company. They like to win (and they are used to winning).

03-11-2013, 12:24 PM - 2 Likes   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
All pointing to the new PRIC rumours being true.

And Pentaxians must rememember that everything introduced up to now, with the possible exceptions of the K-5II, K-5IIs (which are decent upgrades over the K-5) and MX-1, are all leftovers from the Hoya era. The real fruits of the Ricoh-Pentax combination are only about to be known.
03-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just a quick note (incase anyone is still waiting for their Henry's order) that I received my GXR S10Kit + 28mm Unit today 22March13
I had ordered on Sunday March 10th, and got my shipped notice on the 19th...
A little patience paid off--just finished the firmware update to the body and both units...hope to go out tomorrow and shoot the thing. Feels quite solid...I think I'm going to have lots of fun with this one.

Cheers, W
03-31-2013, 07:06 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote

Let's hope that is true!