Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hot Shoe Flash for GXR

I know there is Ricoh makes a hot shoe flash, but can anyone recommend something else? I'm not opposed to the Ricoh flash, I just want options.

Thanks!!

05-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Any hotshoe flash with trigger voltage not exceeding 20V can be used (per GX200 manual).

I've used different flashes with my GX200 and GXR (see my signature). But the default flash is either Metz 32Z-2 or Sunpak 444D because they are powerful, yet compact. I use them mostly in auto (thyristor) mode. Camera in M mode with shutter speed 1/500 sec or less, depending how much I'd like the ambient light to contribute to the exposure, ISO and aperture settings matching those on the flash. Very simple.

05-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the help! I will check them out!